2013 F1 discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mustafur, Mar 15, 2013.

1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yep, 6th, good result for ricciardo!
    Close enough to 5th as well, top4 seemed out of reach.
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Qualifying was then in the race he had a pitstop that was over 30 seconds that put him way back.
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yeah I thought you were only talking about the race.
    He said something about the rear-tyre issues which would make sense as he was losing out massively early on before any pitstops, but I think thats why he went in (the tyre issues). I'll watch some of the beginning again anyway, can't really remember properly what happened.
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OUCH!! Someone took a run up and kicked Di Resta in the balls!! From 5th to last...ahh that hurts. Hope Ric can produce some good race pace this week.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Thanks for link mus, very happy to hear that!
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Its crazy to think it was only a few years ago i watched him racing in Formula Renault Eurocup in 2008 now he is almost certain to be driving the best team in F1 next year.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    they got the car back out like 30 mins later so it shouldn't of mattered in the end.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Didn't realise he full on beached it, thought he just spun across grass or something.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    It wouldn't of mattered too much as he got to complete the full program layed out for him.

These things tend to be expected when you change to a car that has very different characteristics within 40 mins of doing a 40 plus lap stint in the car your used to, you basically have to relearn all your throttle braking a steering inputs.
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Can't believe some of the negativity surrounding Ricciardo and the possibility of him being in an RBR car next year.
    I still stand by that Kimi is one of the most overrated drivers on the grid, thats not saying he's not a good driver but the way some people go on about him on forums, I put his fanboys among the worst of the current grid (I guess up there with Hamilton, not a reflection on the driver but how they may be viewed on forums).
    I wasn't watching when Kimi got his McLaren drive so I don't know the circumstances at the time, but imagine if they were that against giving a new guy a go in a good car back then?
    IMO he's had his go in good cars, someone new will need to step up eventually, I hope Dan gets it and if not RBR next year, then somewhere else higher up.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I have No doubt Kimi is a good driver, probably even better then Vettel but he will be 35 next year.

Ricciardo is pretty much Redbulls best driver from their young driver program since Vettel and despite being the best young driver program out there has only produced one driver.

Ricciardo has the ability to mold into a Future champion if he keeps improving as he is showing flashes of speed that the car shouldn't be capable of.
    I wouldn't be too worried about the negativity F1 forums are always filled with trolls and the main reason for it is because they want someone to dethrone Vettel because they have tall poppy syndrome and can't stand him beating their ''favoured'' driver.

If Ricciardo doesn't get picked honestly it wouldn't make sence, because I think he is too good to be sacked from STR and then he would probably go to lotus since there would be a vacant seat if Kimi went.

I honestly can't see anything other then Ricciardo going to RBR unless his forum just dies in the next few races.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    With Ricciardo again out qualifying his team mate by over half a second all he will need to do is score some points tonight and i think there will be no one but him in that seat next year.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well to be fair Kimi was by far the best driver in 2005, and had his MP4-20 not explode every second race, he would have won the title easily.
    And he out performed the 2003 car (which was actually the 2002 car) coming within a point of Schumacher. I will say he wouldn't have had a ghost of a chance in 2007 if McLaren hadn't shot themselves in the foot at every opportunity toward the end.
    But needless to say, it will be an absolute disgrace if RBR choose Kimi over Dan. It defeats the purpose of a young driver and the STR regime, doesn't it?
  17. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    with red bulls' reliability with their kers system - how do you think they'll go next year when they're kers setup will need to be bulletproof??
    i dont see the red bulls in the top finishers (much like mclaren this year) and you'll see the likes of williams and even force india really show it to ferrari and lotus.
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That's a very good point, RBR need to pull their fingers out with this OP device from next year.
  19. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I'm by no means saying RAI is a bad driver, no-where near, I'm just saying he's massively overrated on some parts of the internet, more than I read about other drivers, at least thats what I read anyways.
    I don't think it would really defeat the purpose of the Young Driver Program if Dan didn't get picked, however I think its fair to give him a go given his qualifying record at least,
    btw mus, is that you over on crash.net/f1 under the user "mustafur"?
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur