2015 Formula One season Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Beau_Albert, Jan 1, 2015.

1. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Wow thats for third place hey why was he disappointed
  2. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'd love to know what the hell he and his posse think they're doing. They look absolutely up to no good. Especially as evidenced by the second picture. I guarantee drugs were involved.

Seriously, I'd like to see Vettel in some pictures like that, considering he's the current go-to family man of F1. Then you have Rosberg, who's the stereotypical upmarket racing family heritage son. Ricciardo and his signature smile.

Hamilton's renowned for being stuck in the 'hood' or whatever... being hip? I don't know. That's the image he wants to show.
    -

Anyway, I wish I could talk more about the races, as last season I'd come straight here to this thread if something interesting, controversially or worth noting happened during qualifying or the race, but we only get half the races, so I completely forget to actually watch when we get them.

And even then, we get Matt White, a former stooge of the commercial networks' current affairs shock genre, who's got as much clout as a respectable journalist as a motorsport commentator. And even then, we get the BBC with Coulthard (no offence to Coulthard, of course. I'm sure I'd get used to him if I listened long enough and he's a prominent crossover commentator now) instead of Sky with Brundle.

I used to look forward to Grand Prix weekends. But now 'they' don't even exist anymore. All's good in the hood though, so it's all g.

EDIT:
    Or who thinks that Hamilton's personality is just the modern day equivalent of the Formula 1 superstar? In which case, I'd cut him some slack. Is this a new playboy multi-millionaire James Hunt-esque sorta thing?

EDIT2:
    What the flying flock is Bernie's obsession with 'the women'? Back in 2009 when Button was WDC: "I like him. Jenson's colourful, he's a good looking guy and he's always got a nice looking girlfriend. All the things that Formula One drivers should have. He deserves to be champion."
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    @Crunch
    Comparing Lewis and James is not possible.
    Hunt wasn't trying to appeal to anyone (apart from endless women of course). He did it with effortless style. Lewis trying to act like Hunt is cringeworthy.

But yes, I am glad the GPDA held their own survey. Roll on 2017.
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED

Just stream the BBC F1. I to much prefer Brundle for commentating. Sky just isn't the same, which since the deal with fox is what Ten seems to get now instead of the BBC telecast.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    What F1 needs:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Go Ferrari!
    JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  7. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Was having a browse on YouTube and came across this...literally gave me goosebumps and had the hair on my neck standing up. This is what F1 needs to get back to in terms of sound and speed.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That lap was more exciting than the entire 2015 Canadian GP lol
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Just watched silverstone gp. One of the best races all year I've gotta say! Can't believe Williams though!
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    They're start was phenomenal, but just like Austria in 2014, their strategist's were watching a completely different race :oops:
    Really hope Williams can join in with the Ferrari's to be there when Mercedes makes a single error and take advantage. Season is slowly turning around excitement level's wise, but still, too much Tyre saving and fuel saving and ...:sleep:
  11. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    When it was dry they were matching the silver bullets on pace too, which was a nice change.

But I agree, if WEC can go flat out for 23.5 hours why can't F1 for 2?
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  12. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I really think F1 needs to go back to trying to be the fastest series, rather than the most technical.
    Yes it is the pinnacle and the manufacturers use it to sell/test ideas, but in the end, F1 needs to be about very fast cars that look exciting, sound exciting and are a joy to watch.
    F1 cars need to be way faster than anything else. They need to have that air of danger about them and they need to challenge the driver both mentally and physically.
    I've been reading about people saying Formula E will overtake F1...laughable. FE is a spec series! Of course the racing is going to be close! They'll never overtake F1, but F1 could do with some closer racing.

Instead of limiting grip and downforce, the rules should change to make it so that the cars can run closer to each other without so many ill effects. If cars could run close through fast corners, we'd see plenty more overtaking.
    I also think the hybrid idea needs to be dropped. It is too expensive, too technical and doesn't add to the show.
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
  14. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Well Formula 1 is not just about drivers, but also about Technology and engineering excellence, always has been.
    It's the cutting edge of engineering that makes the sport interesting to many people & also leads the way in finding so many new advances to our own humble "daily drivers".
    History shows that championships have been more often dominated by a particular make rather than close, hard battling throughout a season between manufacturers because that team has found a winning formula. This season is no different, with Mercedes being the class of the field, just like many have before it. e.g Ferrari in the late 70's, Lotus, Williams, McLaren, Brawn, Red Bull etc etc.

This is nothing new.
    The recent additions of DRS, KERS, while making things more exciting initially, just become factors of the car like every other part, allowing certain teams to dominate when they get these components working better than the next.

The only thing I hate about F1 these days is Lewis Hamilton's ego.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    And flat brim hats...
  16. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I agree, but the engineering excellence and technology all come from within a set of rules...or formula.
    The formula needs to be adjusted in my opinion, so that these engineers can put their ideas to a more simplified set of rules that allows for much closer racing. I'd much rather see a championship with very fast, loud and pretty cars that has unexpected results, plenty of on track overtaking and excitement, than a dull, quiet procession with extremely technical and 'clever' cars that have technology that might filter down to my daily drive.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Formula E is open formula after season 1.
  18. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Powertrain only, chassis and battery are still control items.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The idea being to keep costs low whilst it's in the starting phase, the series will essentially be like Electric F1 within a few years.
  20. Mael

Mael Professional

Force India just confirmed Perez for 2016 meaning they continue with probably one of the strongest driver lineups of all the teams. My "underdog" favorite team going well :) Now if Mercedes would just provide them with all the bells and whistle engines they might get some podiums.