GT5 450 Oldskool Classic Cup - Japan vs Europe vs America

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Trustfire, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Took the Bellet for it's first test run at Autumn Ring last night (I was home early cos of the typhoon and no one was on!!) It's looking pretty much on par with the Civic and Coupe but not quite as easy to handle in some parts. Still fun as ever and sounds great too.

Probably going to give them each a run on race day!
  2. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I might have a look in my garage tonight to see if I have anything I'd like to run here.

Hey Trustfire, are there allowed to be duplicate cars on the grid? i.e. 2 ppl running the same car?
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Trustfire, you're right. I need to harden up. The stratos is the hardest thing I've ever driven the gr5, but i'll run it. Will be interesting lol.
  4. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Sorry keggz this car has already been taken :/

Hey flood, I have set up the comp so that we don't have any dupes, mostly for photographic purposes, there are 77 cars that can be used in this cup so hopefully everyone can find 1 or 2 that aren't taken that are good, I have heaps of cars these you can use, let me know anything you like and I can send it to you ;)

I have updated the first post now with the entire list of usable cars. Cars already reserved are marked in red.

Some great cars still available include:

S Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe 61
    S Lamborghini Countach LP400 74
    S Lotus Elan S1 62
    S Mitsubishi GALANT GTO MR 70
    S Nissan BLUEBIRD 1600 Deluxe (510) 69
    S Nissan SILVIA (CSP311) 65
    S Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) 73
    S Triumph Spitfire 1500 74
    S Volkswagen Golf I GTI 76

Pretty sure I have all of these if you want to borrow one ;)

Just to update you about my own entries, I am using these. The Golf is now available for selection. It's good but I don't like it cos it's an ugly duckling in this pack lol.

These are now my 3 - Toyota CELICA 1600GT (TA22) 70 | Nissan 240ZG (HS30) 71 | Isuzu 117COUP '68
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey great work Trusty. If there's any chance of a repeat event there's enough info there to warrant a wiki regulations page.
    I can set this up for you if you're satisfied with the sucess of the first meet. ;)
  6. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Cheers, yeh it has the right ingredients for a lot of fun hopefully :) For sure there will be more races if it proves popular and we have a good arvo.

Also I was keen organise a massive posed group shot before the real race starts, I will start a 'dummy' race and we can all position the cars in a 'car club style' photograph. Would be great to get all these classics in the one epic oldskool photo! Gamertags will be above each car ;)

I will then put it up on gt5 planet with plenty of raceonoz mentioned of course ;) myabe even photoshop a banner in there LOL

Paz
  7. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    If you're stuck finding a car that hasn't already been taken, check out the new OCD - there's plenty of great classics in there.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Nice plan! That will look mad :D
    I've gone ahead and done a reg's page for ya...
    OCC Regulations

This is linked to the blurb that was already on the main wiki page GTLOZ main wiki page - OCC

I can't believe I forgot about the Mercedes SL300 '54 "gullwing" coupe! I have to test this one out too (dad builds replica's of these)
  9. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    That was my first model car. It was given to me on my 9th or 10th B'day. Still have it.

As for the photo shoot, that sounds like a wikid idea! I'll be there in the Coupe. We'll have to find a nice spot in Autumn Ring for it. Unless you've got something in mind trusty?
  10. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

good work thanks K dawg ;)

Also yeh Seido Bin Laden that's true it can be any track. Preferably Autumn Ring of course cos the race is there, but if not I will have a look for some good spots on other tracks where we can get them tight together to fit them all in frame. I will be on tonight fo sho. Feel free to join my lounge if you want to do some entire lap skids in a ff car with the handbrake on. Good fun, try it! :lol:

Paz
  11. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Seido Bin Laden??? O....K.... haha
  12. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Okay, after doing no testing, Ive got dibs on the following...
    S Lotus Elan S1 62
    P/S Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe 54
    S Chevrolet Camaro SS 69

A bit of variety in there which is nice.
    I will need to get some practice in on driving with ABS 0.. Eek!!
  13. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Done. 1 spot left guys ;) A week to go :D
  14. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Hey guys, this race is this Saturday afternoon, hope all of you are still available to race :) There are some nice American muscle cars which are in the OCD atm which of course I bought all of them haha. Btw I saw that Alpine thing your using Keggz LOL what a weird thing it is, I like it tho...

If there is anyone I have missed off the grid or anyone who needs a car, I have lots of these so let me know :) I tested the TA22 Celica last night, it's a goer for sure.

I think for the car club photo I will just put everyone staggered on the straight, it is nice and wide and I can get lots of depth of field, after all the hero of the shot is the cars, not the background ;)

I will be doing some mucking around on Autumn Ring this week, I usually do a few laps of practice, but then soon find myself doing a one person burnout comp, feel free to join in ;)

T
  15. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I'll be there for sure trusty.

Staggered on the straight sounds cool. Can use the Autumn Ring signage on the pit wall if you want to.

I'll be on on for some prac during the week too. I'll keep an eye out for your prac session...
  16. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

nice yeh i'll take a mock up shot and post it tonight so that it's a quick and easy process to get the shot organised on the day ;) Haha yeh join whenever, just follow the tire marks....
  17. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Ran some laps in my cars for the first time tonight.
    It was also my first time driving on ABS 0, and well.... LOL, this is going to be fun.

You have to be so gentle on the brake, plus I was getting massive oversteer, so much so that I would arrive at some corners completely sideways then just try to control the slide around the turn. So steer clear of me guys.
    With some tuning it could probably be tidied up, but tuning isn't my strong point. And I think I need to work on my brake technique.

I was doing low 1:32s in my quickest car but reckon I could get into the 1:31s if I drove a good lap. How's that compare to everyone else?
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    yea I'm around the 32's in all 3 of my cars.

Have you tried the brake setting really low? like 1 or 2...
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

1:31 in the stratos. It's like driving on ice. The thing is almost running with a locked diff to stop the oversteer. Lol. Incredibly difficult car to drive.
  20. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I didn't change any settings so was just using standard 5/5.
    I'll give that a go though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.