GT5 450 Oldskool Classic Cup - Japan vs Europe vs America

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Trustfire, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Might do some more testing and choose a different car... If you secure another selection, like some have 3? can you use any of them if they are not using them? or those 3 are theres to pick and choose throughout the series?

Also, is it Autumn ring only.
  2. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    trusty, can you add the BELLET as my 3rd selection? cheers.
  3. AussieInfidel

AussieInfidel martyn rogers

ok if i can have 3 different cars i want bmw 2002, 65 alfa and 1970 celica 1600gt, is that ok?
  4. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

nice, I was waiting for someone to choose that car. Another classic beast.

This is my mate Fon Zi's actual Ta22.....
    [img=fon zi]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5011/5443698148_3ef8ffd2d2.jpg[/img]
  5. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Wow, I want more pics please :p Thats one nice looking Celica.
  6. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Have a look at http://www.the-lowdown.com

Download large res version of Fon22y's car..... HERE
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sic. I just bought that '70 Celica at the UCD and was thinking about running it too. All yours though Aussie, I got two choice already.

Thanks for the confirmations trusty. Will buy some fully customisable susp and get tuning :D
  8. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Update

Ok guys first post updated with a couple of changes. Notably:

- No Aero (Unrealistic downforce, not to mention ugly as :):):):))
    - Time to qualify beat is now 1:35. If you can get under this consistantly we will have a nice close race. ANYTHING can happen in this race after a few laps, some corners provide some unexpected tail action :D and can bite you in the ass when ur not paying attention. So don't worry if some people are getting 1:32.XXX's and some are getting 1:34.XXX. Keeping it straight is the key to this race :)
    - Car Usage list also updated - please check this before you post your choices.

Trust
  9. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    This sounds great guys and am definately interested if i can do some testing and make a selection before the list fills up.

Just a thought, but in the vein of keeping it real, is everyone for the race using a wheel with a 6 shift? Cause that would be even more awesome for close racing if the shifter was a requirement. I was doing it for the nascar special events this week and definately made it more fun, and was only typically about 1s slower with the shifter but more practice would be needed. Keeps you so busy and involved in the racing so there more possibility of deviating from that idela line (not that i keep to it too much myself lately...).

anyway, just a suggestion. If the honour system works and people have a G25/G27 or similar this could add something extra to the competition.
  10. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    this would be good if I had a shifter for my wheel but I dont have it yet I've got to wait for christmas as my misses is buying it for me for christmas
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I always use the H-pattern gated shifter unless the car visibly has paddles or I know it's a sequential gearbox. So I'm it for this and doing it this anyway, with clutch ;)

Good work on the no aero restriction.
  12. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Hey Dutch,

I personally don't have a wheel, but I would bloody love to drive these things with a 6 speed & steering wheel. Feel free to run whatever hardware you want. This race although competitive, is more about the cars, rippin up & kickin it oldskool.

Let me know what you want to drive ;)
  13. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Update

DATE POLL ADDED to first page. Please vote :)

I would like to run the race in the afternoon at 2pm (after lunch) on the 24th September. Please select this date if you are available.

Only select others if u can't make it for the 24th, cheers.

I made it the arvo so the guys who have had a big night Friday can still jump outta bed at 1pm and race ;)

P
  14. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I can't make the 24th and the 30th is a Friday....I can make the race on the 1st
  15. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Sorry yes I meant the 1st Oct.

Bloody thing wont let me edit it now. :mad: I have to say this new board is missing many useful features. Can't edit polls, you can't re-vote, you can't 'go to advanced' from quick post when replying, you can't edit font size, you can hardly see what the icons are above the editor. rant off.

Mods can you please change the second date of my poll to Saturday 1st October?

Cheers.
  16. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I voted for the 1st. Can't make the 24th sorry.

EDIT* Actually round 9 of the 501 is on the 1st....want me to move it to Sunday?

2nd EDIT* sorry man, just realised I didn't put up the time for round 9 on the 501 thread... only in my head.
    I'll make round 9 later...
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Donesky. ;)
  18. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Im not going to vote as i should be available both dates. If i do something on a saturday arvo its usually a last minute thing.. So either week should be fine.
  19. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

LOL shweet :)
  20. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    it's ok man, run the classics cup on the 1st...douzo!

I'll put up the 8th of Oct for round 9.

EDIT* Bathurst 1000 is on the 9th......0 drivers for the 501 round 9 lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.