ACC Season 2 driver debrief

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by Xtr3meNZer, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Why is that JJ?
  2. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Something to do with the speed of the audi and the merc being vulnerable
  3. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

jeezus god, how much car data do you actually have already?!?!?
    incey likes this.
  4. JJ_Penguin

Wish I had more. UDP telemetry would be handy
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

is your omnipotency slipping?
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  6. JJ_Penguin

That’s way to big a word for a Friday afternoon

And more questioning than slipping
  7. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    I’m looking forward to Hungaroring as well. Haven’t raced on this track since the original rFactor days back in maybe 2007-08 in F1 cars. Makes me feel old just thinking about it lol
    Good luck to all :thumbsup: I’ll start practicing this weekend to get my head around this track again.
    JJ_Penguin and jamie_t like this.
  8. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    I’m hearing you Nigez, it’s really cool so much so that I have hardly turned a lap for project cars 2 new season.
    I just find it difficult to go back too, ACC is so much more advanced and I love the sounds, speed and game play.
    You can nearly smell the fumes it’s that good.
    Unless that’s my socks lol
    Russell, Vik Chan, JJ_Penguin and 5 others like this.
  9. JJ_Penguin

GT4s are good fun. I’m looking forward to tomorrow night
    garyw61, Vik Chan and Adam Parsons like this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Curious - when you are running the gt4 race, are both servers set for this? or one for the gt3 season track etc?
  11. JJ_Penguin

The only thing I’m changing is the race and quali length.

Might have to set both to GT4 races length due to interest in GT4s
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  12. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    No problems! So tomorrow it will be back to the GT3 format?

Just so I know not to jump on tonight for practice lol
  13. JJ_Penguin

yeh itll change back tomorrow.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  14. autech91

autech91 Professional

A race to forget.

Turned up on the night after my customary no practice for an hours worth of lapping before the race. Biffed @JJ_Penguin tune on her (thanks mate, goes well) and sent it.
    Managed 3rd in quali on my 2nd lap, had some good runs after that which might have seen me closer to 2nd or pole but wasn't able to string em together, well done to Vik and JJ on their quali as it was a very good bench mark.
    Race start we had to run a full formation lap which I'd never done before, the tyres were ice cold so I decided to be cautious at the beginning while they got up to temp, managed to slip into 2nd after turn 1 and watched JJ put the hammer down.
    Had to run a bit defensive while I got my tyres up to temp and JJ pulled a good 2 seconds on me, unfortunately lap 3 just as I was starting to push I got smacked up the bum really hard into the wall on the 2nd to last right hander after the short straight. I checked my replay and I was braking at my usual point I just think the Lexus driver was caught out by the different approach to that corner. Either way my race was done :(
    Had to spin it around and rejoined dead last with 15seconds damage, pitted right away and got out on track. Was managing a good pace of mid 44s so closed in on the tail enders. Had some good dices trying to get by a few BMWs and Lexus', found it quite hard to overtake as this track is a real ball-ache to get a run on someone, short of a desperate dive on the brakes I just had to be patient and force mistakes. Some great driving my some of the guys I ran against so kudos to them.
    Finished up in a good run with Angryoldman, he was bloody hard to pass as that Lexus is awesome on the brakes and corner entry with enough engine to keep ya honest on the straights, good call from that team on the car swap I'd say. Manged to force and error from him but was on my last warning for track limits so settled down a bit and just managed my gap to him for the remaining laps.

All in all not a bad result but praying that next round I can get through the first few laps without an incident as I think I had the pace for a good podium. Thats racing!
  15. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Really enjoyed last night. Congrats to the podium, you guys had just that little extra pace that I couldn't catch so well done great job. JJ.......just too quick mate, awesome job.
    Interesting race for me. Qualified 11th, the Force wasn't strong for me. Race started well for me making my way to 4th in about 4-5 laps then settled in to try and maintain pace and consistency but some of you guys had great pace so it was hard to maintain any gap I had.
    The coming up to my second pit stop and had a big spin coming out of T13 and ultimately lost 2 positions (so spewing), pitted then cruising in 7th then lo and behold @Chubbe08 had a spin at T1 on the last lap which gave me 6th.
    Awesome racing by all last night, there didn't seem to be any untoward incidents and plenty of respect was clearly shown.
    Bring on next round!
  16. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    A race to forget for me. Qualified 4th. Felt like a left the potential for pole out there. I was well under on my on a few times, but couldn't put it together.
    Race start was excellent from me capitalising on Viks slow start. I managed to get into P2 coming out of turn one. I had the inside line and track position on autotec dragging him into turn 2. That's when a Vik who looked like a passenger by then came flying across the grass then into me causing me damaged and to loss about 13 positions. I carried on only to be taken out a few laps later again lossing more positions, with more damage. I carried on again after pitting to fix the damage and took on a heap of fuel. Came out if the pits with my angry face on and managed to lap consistently in the low 44s. On a bit of charge trying to redeem what I could. I was approaching some cars and just panicked and crashed. I lost all my trust in the cars around me, I didn't want to go anywhere near them haha. Honestly I have been taken out a few time already and it is usually the same case. People refusing to let the position go to the point where they are out of control. Or people dive bombing out braking them selves at my expense. My belief is treat people how you wish to be treated. I think we are all on a similar level. No one is special or knows any better then the next person, but you create you're own standards you walk/drive by.
    Well done to the podiums and race winners.
    jamie_t, Vik Chan, Xtr3meNZer and 2 others like this.
  17. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I should also mentioned that I know it was not intentional and I believe both car gave the position back. I just having my vent :speechless:
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  18. SOMEONE1_AWESOME

SOMEONE1_AWESOME New Recruit Gold Member

19. autech91

autech91 Professional

No worries. I think this highlights why the incident happened though, you can't ever "brake at your normal spot" while following another driver or car. One must always brake a bit earlier and pay attention to the brake lights ahead rather than focusing on the braking markers.
    This is one of the reasons I'm against practicing too much for races, driving too many laps on your own focusing on laptimes can effect how you drive when you end up on track with others, as braking in the same spot and taking exactly the same lines is so natural it can be detrimental to good racing. Especially when you add in the factors of different cars, drivers, slipstream, aero wash etc.
    This is not a dig at your btw, I'd be lying if I said I'd never done the same myself, sometimes you're in too hot and the poos hits rotating cooling device.
    incey likes this.
  20. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Congrats @JJ_Penguin, @nigegunz and @TYMORGO on podiums.
    A race to try and forget for me as well. My sincere apologies @BigChopperDog for the contact that was made. These race starts on ACC are tough and is quite traumatic for me now i may need some counseling lol
    I had a plan to try and stick onto @JJ_Penguin’s left door around the first corner but he didn’t hug the apex like i was anticipating but instead i saw him straighten up slightly (not sure if it was from oversteer or someone getting on the inside) which made me have to also react and straighten to avoid contact which then compromised my corner exit, coming to the next corner it was 3 wide and i was squeezed on the inside unable to see my usual brake markers and that was all she wrote. Hit the grass then slid straight into Chopper then hit by another car and spun around with damage and in last place :(
    Went straight to the pits frustrated and to make matters worse i over shot my pit box lol after the 45 seconds wait i just tried too clear my mind and put my head down and recover as many positions as i could in the clean air i was gifted with lol
    Did my second pit soon as i caught up to some traffic which was at about 16mins into the race and got into a bit of traffic but thankfully only for a couple laps. Got myself back into 5th placed thanks to @Chubbe08 going overly defensive on the last lap and grabbing too much apex on the first corner last lap o_O lol unlucky mate!
    All in all was a very disappointing race again. Hopefully the next rounds race starts are more kind to me lol
    Aza2672 and jamie_t like this.