ACC ACC Singapore Wednesday night race

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Sep 1, 2019.

1. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    I didn't get to practice much for Misano this past week so I tried to stay out of everyone's way during race 1.

Had a fun race with Mesafto and @SteveDrivingSlowly in race 2; would've been better if I was able to stick with them! Hopefully I didn't cause too many dramas with blocking and my general driving all of the place.

I find it very difficult to get into a good rhythm around Misano, I feel like that if I don't take enough kerb I can't set a good lap time. I might have to explore some other car options before monday's enduro and see if I get a little faster and not so spin so often too. It's a shame that the lexus doesn't support livery changes at the moment...
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

You didn't cause me any trouble at all mate, looked tidy from where I was (mostly behind you!).

I also find I need to take a fair bit of curb to get good exit speed at misano, and the ferrari was bottoming out on some which was causing spins - I bumped the ride height up and that seemed to help a lot. Maybe that could work on the lexus?
    fRZn likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Just a heads up for tonights Wednesday night races, it will be 2x 30 minutes at Barcelona on the open Singapore server. Netcode seemed slightly improved last night since 1.0.8 update and with a bit more positivity towards ACC with the latest updates and DLC news its likely a few more may show up.

It will be SA80 and practice session server will be up at 7:30 aest again with qualy at 8:30 as usual.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race night server is up, weather settings as below so as conservative as possible seeing most sessions in the servers have been quite wet recently but I only had it around .2 for cloud and rain and tried randomness at 2 but this meant fairly soon to get a red flag thunderstorm. :eek:

"ambientTemp": 22,
    "trackTemp": 24,
    "cloudLevel": 0.0,
    "rain": 0.1,
    "weatherRandomness": 1,

This means tonights races are likely to be mostly dry but who knows as its a bit tricky to figure out how to set dynamic conditions get some actual clear sunny running and a small chance of rain.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

Nice one Marty. I made it home from work earlier than I thought so will be there for the races tonight woohoo!
    marty likes this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for the races guys, not a huge turnout tonight but some great racing there. :D

krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes, very enjoyable racing last night - I was fairly lonely but did have some short battles here and there and it worked out to be a very decent practice session. I really need to spend more time on this track, it is fun to drive but there are a few brake points where I find the ideal spot is hard to hit consistently. Following the pack for a few laps I picked up some good stuff, now need to work on consistency!
    krunch, tezpez85 and nanlatt like this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There is a long session practice server up, I found if it has just the long session track is always green. But I added a short 1 minute session ahead of it which will give it more rubber if its dry and seems to work.

If anyone wants to use this on their own and if the track conditions arent to your liking leave the server and try again it will be different the next time as long as nobody else is in. You can skip the 1 min session by typing command /next (if your admin, if not just ask and I can add you in) even in game if you want conditions to change then you can skip sessions a few times til you get the start conditions you want. ;)

One thing I always found a good benefit in is getting practice with others on track and following them you can always learn where your weak and strong plus can show you were its worth trying something different. The long session is a good way to jump in and hopefully get a few in and then if a few are in you can suggest to move to a race server to get more practice in traffic but this can be done in long session if only a few are in.

Race 1 it took me 15 of 18 laps to figure out how to stay close enough to Andy onto the front straight to get a draft and make a pass. Really didnt see anywhere else I could get it done but I was also going 100% just to stay close to that old Bentley he had moving at a good pace. :D
    tezpez85 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

@Andy and @marty pace was hot! :sneaky:

Managed to make the setup more driveable in R2, but a touch slower. Tweak tweak tweak. Something to do with the long dampers...
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The next Wednesday races will be at Brands Hatch, will do a run on the aussie servers as its been pretty much no extras joining the Singapore servers and of the few that have joined hardly any finished. The number of locals has also dropped off but may as well just see what the netcode is like on the Aussie servers for the next Wednesday and Monday races.
    krunch likes this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

A few of us got on tonight with some random dudes to test the honda - very spicy and fun as well as hilariously dangerous.

The server did do some very weird stuff though - we were getting constant blue flags from the start and positions were way off, showing people a lap up or down straight after the green lights. Crew chief was having a baby, letting me know that I was good to come out of the pits at random intervals...most odd. I had to restart the session a couple times due to aforementioned hilarious dangerousness at T’s 1 - 3 so maybe that cooked it??
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Which server was this? was it the password server with pit windows? or was it the one I put up and made a typo in restrictions meaning it had none and a max grid limit of 10? :oops:
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Not the passworded one, just hondas only and did seem like 10 on the grid
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ideally if we had some guys test the password server which has the pit window setup it would be a stability test but when I tested it still had the game hang on me so for the Wednesday races will just use the aussie server for a regular 2x 30 minute sprint format.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server will be up @ 7:30pm 2x 30 min races with Q2 R2 being at night. Honda only Brands Hatch :p
    nanlatt likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for the races, shame weather seemed stuck on light rain all sessions but it made it a bit interesting especially for race 2 when cold and dark.

17. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

That's some strange looking results...
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

That is weird - did people join with wrong car and then rejoin with the honda? If not...wtf is going on with the results file on server!

Had a completely awesome and fun night driving around my AWESOME homeland with its AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL weather. Look how high up the leaderboard I am - they had cucumber sandwiches in the team Driving Slowly pits when I pulled in at the end. We aren’t accustomed to celebrating (much prefer to fail hard with stoicism and dignity) but we had to break out the nice china, have a cup of tea and sing the national anthem. 4th place worth celebrating! What what!
    nanlatt likes this.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It seems whatever car people joined in first gets saved, maybe anyone that DNS a session shouldnt be put in the results from the session. Being a multi race weekend server setup it seems it registers people starting a session in the car they may only have joined the first session in.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

Good idea - this has been done! Works for any results already posted too.

It is easy to bring back DNS later if needed, or even just for a league race (but still filter them out for fun runs), where we might like to see such things
    marty likes this.