AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I'm not sure what your PC skills are like, but have a look at at the event viewer at the time it crashes and check the time stamps. If you go to start and quick search 'event' then click on 'windows logs' click on 'application' and/or 'system' you should see an Error and it will give details on what's causing it. It could be the game itself that needs repairing or it could be a certain driver? that will give you more details on what it is..

I hope it helps...
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  2. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Agreed Dave, your system spec is ample to run AC, yeah not a great re-intro back to PC, frustrating as hell I would guess.
    It has me baffled as to why it wont execute for you, sounds like the exe is failing to actually initialize the game, bizarre stuff.
    Will keep my ear to the ground mate, if I see or hear anything that may assist will let you know pronto.

Cheers
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    have you tried a steam integrity check? i had a few problems awhile ago and turned out i was missing just 1 file also that all direct x and vc are up to date.

also are you opening AC straight from the desktop or through steam itself?

you are better off with pc then sony trust me once we work out what is causing the crash and fix it you'll never have another problem again

Edit:I just ran through your prev post if everything is working till you go to press start then it is a file to do with that selection,car,track so on.also in settings drop try dropping all visuals too low as possible.
    i dont know anything about your gfx card but if its dx10 card you have to change a line of code in the AC.ini. ill find it all out and write it up for you and send it too you
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    here is dx10 code
    As reported in the "minimum requirements" FAQ, Assetto Corsa doesn't support DirectX 10.0 cards and will never do, due to technical factors. If you want to play with an old dx10.0 card, you need to edit a file by yourself.
    • Go in "(steam installation folder)\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg"
    • Open "graphics.ini"
    • Change this line:
    ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=0 ; UNSUPPORTED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    becomes:
    ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=1 ; UNSUPPORTED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Save the file and launch the game.

Furthermore, remember to disable Post Processing Effects in the video options of the game, otherwise the workaround will not work!

Now the game should start but you may encounter artifacts and strange errors. Use at your own risk.

and in the same place is a assetto corssa.ini open that and put WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=0
    Let me know how you go :)

ok you have a dx11 card haha so this wont work but could help others someday
    still put warnings as errors to 0 though
  5. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Thanks for your help Tovey!
    This is the GPU I am running, which is DX11 compatible, so it shouldn't be a DX10 issue.
    http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-509.shtml

I have tried just about everything I have read on the AC forum thus far.
    Ran steam integrity checks
    Checked the ini file that Warnings as errors shows as 0
    Uninstalled both AC (via Steam - delete local content then manually deleted the AC folder under Documents) and all the C++ etc libraries, then ran Steam under admin mode and re-downloaded the game and re-installed, then re-installed all C++, DirectX, NET libraries under admin.
    Set rules in Firewall and AV for both acs.exe and assettocorsa.exe,
    Tried giving both exe files rights to run "as admin".
    Tried resetting the onboard audio device as the default (instead of using the audio via the GPU).

The game loads fine and it allows me to choose cars and tracks but as soon as I press the Start engine button (or the START button, not sure what the difference is between the two), it goes to the black screen that says Loading and then after a few seconds I get the acs.exe stopped working and it jumps back to the menu.

I have tried running it via Steam, straight from the desktop icon and directly from the exe files in the AC folder....all do the same thing.

Very frustrating.

I'll check the event viewer tonight and see if there are any acs or assettocorsa errors and beyond that I might just have to post this onto the AC forum and see what the mods suggest - but it seems I have tried all they have suggested for others having the same/similar issues already.

I do hope I can get this going as I am keen to try some non-Sony racing ;)
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I thought the same and I have tried selecting several different cars and tracks along with practice, time trial, etc - all do the same thing so it must be a common file being used between all of them.

EDIT:
    I will try dropping all the video settings to low tonight and see if that makes any difference.
    I did turn some of them down/off but I didn't turn all of them down.
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    yep you've done pretty much the lot of it :eek: yeah you'll have to just give them your crash logs and hopefully they can work it out.Sony really has you by the balls lol wont let you leave them for AC lol :p
    DoogleDave likes this.
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    It sure seems that way at the moment :mad:
  9. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Bummer... This is why I hate PC gaming sometimes.. when something goes wrong like this it gets to a point where you just want to smash stuff out of frustration!

I had an issue with BF4 ages ago (when it first come out) and every time after 1 map of playing it would crash loading the next map... It was doing my head in!!! I was looking at everything... And the event logger was just saying it was a general APP Crash and nothing else too it.... UNTILL I found it, it was all good. It ended up being the Nvidia 3D driver for the for the card... Soon as i uninstalled it, BAM never happened again!! Do you have anything fancy installed for the graphics card? If so uninstall it. Only use the Driver and the control panel. Also have you checked for the latest update for the GCard? (sorry I haven't read back in the posts)
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Wait, wait, wait!! I've had this!!! My SSD failed earlier this year and after I replaced it I had this issue. I also swapped monitors around, so I was running a new SSD and a different monitor. I had everything running at default settings, but that was the error I got. I went into video settings and selected very low resolutions ?whatever the lowest option was? and wound anything else back that seemed like it would load the video card. It then worked, but was Sega Outrun style graphics. I just worked up from there, until I could load something worth looking at. Thing is I can run at the default hi-res settings now - but that was after an update from memory. I think I also swapped back in my DVI cable instead of HDMI??
  11. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Hmmm, thanks Anon.
    I will certainly try turning all graphics options to low tonight and might even try using a DVI connection instead of HDMI just in case.

I haven't changed monitors (actually using a 32" LCD TV) but I have recently installed a new SSD (though this has been running for weeks before installing Assetto Corsa).

The only thing that is niggling in the back of my mind is that the PC used to run a Nvidia GT220 that I swapped out and put the ATI HD5570 in just prior to installing AC.
    Once the new GPU was installed I updated to the newest ATI Catalyst drivers and then uninstalled the Nvidia stuff (rebooted and then downloaded/installed AC) - so perhaps there is still a rogue nvidia file hiding in the background somewhere causing mischief.

As a last resort I'll wipe the SSD and re-install Win7, though I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.
  12. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I have a very funny feeling that might be your issue.
    Depending on what your event viewer says, I would dare say there is something in the registry still that's causing the app to crash.
    look for a program called 'driver sweeper' run it and it removes EVERYTHING, but i would also recommend removing for both 'AMD' & 'ATI' and doing a complete fresh install... Its almost sounds like when its trying to rending the 3D image or DX it doesn't know weather to get it from the AMD or ATI...
  13. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    WOOHOO.....we have success!!!
    Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

It must have been the Nvidia drivers.
    I downloaded the DDU program and deleted both the nvidia and ATI drivers, then reinstalled the ATI back on and away we go.

Might need to upgrade the GPU soon. Graphics are OK but if I have the PP turned on the fps suffers but I half expected that as the HD5570 isn't a gaming card by any stretch of the imagination - but at least its working now!

Just setup the DFGT wheel and took the BMW GT2 around the Nurburgring - WOW this will take some getting used to!
    Now to do a bit of practice to get used to the game and then I'll download Teamspeak and setup my link to the server etc...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    KoAStR, AJ.Scott and Tovey_4saken like this.
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    haha yayyyyy :D glad you got it working!!! you should pick it up a bit quicker then gt6 because you get more of a sense of balance and tyre feel.Cobra s/c on the other hand :eek: that car is pure evil and i hope to never see it again lol it haunted my dreams last night :confused:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    It feels SO different to GT. You can really feel the tyres flex.

Is it normal for the car to feel bogged down going through turns?
    I was driving the Lotus Elise and in 2nd gear at 50km/h the car felt like it bogged down going round the turns before it took off again.

The wheel still doesnt feel right as I only turn it just slightly to make big turns onscreen.
    Anyway, its working now so I'll play around with it and see how I go.

Definitely gonna need another GPU soon. With the settings I'm running I'm just scraping 30 fps which I imagine will drop heavily once other cars are on track.
  16. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    some cars have traction control on so you have to turn them off with key commands think tc is Ctrl t
    and abs is Ctrl a so on so forth i just mash keys randomly to see what pops up because not much is written down yet and for wheel settings there is a thread on the ac site that has settings and all that jazz :D to fine tune it all i like to set my roatation personally for every car i go in because the g27 doenst have a working soft lock atm so if car is 300deg rotation i can still turn 900 so i change it in profiler and in ac to what it is eg bmw gt2 550Deg then save profile in ac as bmw gt2 lol
    DoogleDave likes this.
  17. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Awesome DoogleDave, and thanks to Anon, Rotor and Tovey for your help and suggestions in getting DoogleDaves AC running on his PC, just love the helpful nature of everyone here @ Rooz :).

Take your time with it DoogleDave, theres a big difference between PS3 and PC FFB, but once you get a taste for AC physics you wont wanna drive anything else, Im just glad your up and running mate, look forward to seeing you on track soon :)

Cheers
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    It's update day for AC, seems we are getting the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG and a new track, but know idea of the circuit. Update will be available when we Aussies wake up :)

Here's a link.

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken and DoogleDave like this.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    calder park test.blend.png if its calder i'll dang well cry just spent 4 hours getting the freaking size correct and hand stitching the pit because blender hates array modifiers today.having break then attaching thunder dome

hmm few think it could be spa! even though kunos said not till v1.0 my bets on that hill climb track trento or something haha never really played netkar
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Oh no Tovey, I just had a look on the official AC website and it is Calder Park!!! Link here!!
    AJ.Scott and Tovey_4saken like this.