AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    me and about 6 trillion others have asked for aussie stuff that much that maybe they could at least make 1 aussie track lol anything but freaking bathurst im over that track we got alot of other great tracks out there.I might send them this track model with a grand to do it because thunder dome is giving me the :):):):)s lol
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Talk about your own back yard.....I live about 5 mins from Calder Park/Thunderdome.

With a northerly wind I can hear the cars on the weekends....:)
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    haha thats awesome i'm over in Maidstone try to get down calder as much as i can when the drifts are on good fun watching them :)
    be even better fun if i had the cash to do it myself haha so instead i have to try and create it for ac but after too many attempts to mention i can never get the scenes filled.Grand stands walls so on haha but i always mange to get the track layout spot on lol :p

maybe im better off doing a conversion since i have no paitnce with this wireless mouse to add every little detail :confused:
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    DoogleDave likes this.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Latest update for AC is out, check the change log below.

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

The new version includes the most wanted Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: even if the release of the first Mercedes-Benz model licensed for Assetto Corsa was previously scheduled to be included in Assetto Corsa 1.0, we have decided to reward all our fans for the terrific support they gave us during this year, including this content in the current release.

Nurburgring Sprint Layout
    The Sprint layout of Nurburgring GP circuit, ideal for quick races and events, is also available as free update. This version includes also some features under the hood that will allow our development team to test the overall compatibility with the aim to release a candidate beta version of Assetto Corsa within some weeks. More details will come soon
    Changelog
    • In-game apps must now be enabled in the game's launcher under Options > General
    • Added new car Mercedes SLS
    • Added new track Nurburgring Sprint
    • Tyre model modifications, more direct and "alive" FFB on all cars. We advice less FF "effects"
    • AI modifications for Mercedes SLS AMG & McLaren MP4 12C street
    • fixed drag race
    • all cars with H pattern manual gearbox, when used with paddles, can now enable autocut-off autoblip assist properly. The timings are slower than what you can achieve with an H shifter hardware.
    • Fixed multiplayer leaderboard logic
    • Fixed bugs in multiplayer GUI
    • Overlay leaderboard implemented (Press F9 to cycle between 4 different modes)
    • Fixed horn & lights in multiplayer
    • Graphics & CPU Performance improvements
    • Multiplayer Blacklist system improved
    • Intro video at first launch, possible to disable it from options
    • Replay Size reduced
    • Replay frame interpolation improved
    • Time Attack : fixed crash when trying to load open tracks & lap estimation formula improved
    • Setup Force Feedback setting page improved
    • ksEditor : notify when skinned mesh is imported with a wrong scale
    • ksEditor : fixed IN/OUT camera normalized start-end position not rendering on spline during camera editing
    • Fixed small random flashes during gameplay
    • Added dedicated leaderboard APP
    • Updated TAB key ingame leaderboard with a new look and functions
    • Skidmarks start shape fixed and rendering is now faster
    • Python apps can be enabled / disabled from the launcher
    • Fixed bug "return to pits and lap counting in some special cases"
    • Added Python camera control
    • Fixed tyres jittering at low speeds
    • Fixed missing wheels when AI car brake its engine and goes to pits
    • Physics related rules : now cars must respect their defined set of rules in order to run on the track
    • Track cameras now place the car in the middle of the screen
    • Post Process App selector : fixed loading of default ppEffects.ini
    • AI improvements
    • Improved Drag AI
    • Skidmarks are now disabled when setting World Detail to minimum
    • - Dynamic track randomness now less pronounced
    Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  5. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Hi guys,
    I was playing around on AC earlier and thought I'd try connecting to the ROOZ server to see how it all works but it looks to be locked.
    Reading up on AC there seems to be a booking system but I assume this is not available because the server has been locked??

Also, first impressions of the game is that it is quite different to GT (in a good way). The feel of the steering takes a bit of getting used to but certainly feels closer to reality - and as a result it is harder to push the cars hard like you can in GT.
    Really enjoying it so far...though my low-end GPU isnt. I'm looking to get a GTX750Ti soon which should make a huge difference over the HD5570 I'm currently running.

I also installed the KaosDashboard which looks pretty good and is nice and easy to read. Its a pity you can't hide the "pins" on the apps you pin onscreen (or can you??).
    I've also downloaded a few tracks to try them out which seem to be OK but I havent really played the game long enough to compare them to the proper AC tracks that have been laser-scanned.
  6. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Hey bud glad you're liking AC it is a fantastic game and an awesome challenge :) There is a password on the rooz server to lock the public out the password is ROOZAC1...I think haaha its in one of these forums :) snoopys nord is a must it's a fantastic track and also is what is assigned to the server,we will be all having a run wednesday 8:30 EST in the 312t if you want to jump in and see how your gpu goes and cut some laps and also if you have teamspeak set up you can here our lovely voices :laugh:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  7. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Yeah there's a password mate, ROOZAC1:)
    As far as booking goes I have it off so we can join anytime, the booking will be great for league events as you will have to book your place on the server within a designated time otherwise you cant join. Or at least I think that's how it works.

And the more you drive it, the more you'll want to drive it :) AC can get very addictive, especially when you find a car & track combo you click with.
    TBH Dave I would look at the GTX760Ti 2G if it's affordable for you that is, you will get better bang for your buck, as the 750ti is only 128bit ram the 760Ti is 256bit. if the extra $100 it's not possible then a 750 will do, that's based on PC case gear prices SEE HERE!

Ive looked at the Kaos dash but never gave it a second thought, sounds cool :cool: I'll take a peek :geek:, and no mate I don't think you can remove the pins.
    I find the Laser tracks nicer to run on, and more realistic in the way bumps feel through the wheel, it's not a major difference but the laser tracks do feel better to me :thumbsup::D
    Hope to rub panels with ya soon mate :)

Cheers
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Cheers for the replies guys.
    I did try entering the ROOZAC1 password but it didn't seem to let me in (or I am doing something wrong).
    Is there a specific button to press to enter once you have input the password?
    I typed it in and pressed enter on the keyboard but it did nothing, so assumed perhaps it was because I didn't have a booking on the server.

I can certainly see how the game can become addictive. I was driving the MP12 last night and it was a blast. Getting the tail to oversteer around a few of the turns was great fun and I agree that the official tracks do seem nicer to drive on.

As for the GPU I would love to get the 760 but without building a new PC (which I can't do just yet) I am limited to what will work with the factory Compaq I have.

Best bang for buck is the GTX 750 Ti SC which doesn't require a 6pin and will work with a 300W PSU (my two limiting factors - short of swapping out the PSU for a decent one), but by the time I do that and then get a better GPU I might as well build an entirely new PC.

For now the 750 should do the trick.
  9. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    I've had AC for months now, and absolutely love it! Anyone know if the Porsche GT3 mod is still available? I heard it got taken down??

For anyone who want's to know, my Steam is Randm90 and basically only play Assetto, so feel free to add!
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @DoogleDave, yeah mate you need to click on the JOIN button which is on the right hand side of the server GUI. We'll be on tomorrow night for the final Nords Challenge event, although I will be on tonight doing some laps, so if you want to have a try at joining the server I'll be on from about 6pm Perth time.

Cheers
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hiya Randm90, maybe you would like to join us for some AC races, nothing serious just having some fun :thumbsup:
    If it's the same Porsche mod I'm thinking of, (997 GT3 RSR) that was removed from RD, it's vanished from the net. But I have a copy, which I will put up via MegaCo, when I can get some decent upload bandwidth that is :mad:. Will post a link soon as it's up.

LINK: Porsche 997 GT3 rsr

Cheers
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    Randm90 likes this.
  12. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Thanks heaps man! Will do, I'll be sure to join the lobby every now and then :) That's the mod I was thinking of! Do you by any chance have the 458 GT3 mod too??
    'Thanks :)
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    AJ.Scott and Randm90 like this.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @Randm90
    Posted the Porsche link in the previous post mate :D
    Don't have the 458 GT3 sorry, I'll have a hunt for it, might get lucky :)
    We'll be doing some random events on Mondays and Wednesdays as of next week, if ya wanna join in mate feel free.

Cheers
    Randm90 likes this.
  15. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Alrighty, sweet thanks mate! I'll probably join in, I play most nights at 4:30PMish AEST and if i'm not on PS3, from 7:00PM AEST so I'll join in if the lobby is up :)
  16. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Server is 24/7 and as Koastr posted, all the server details are in the OP mate :thumbsup:
    Look forward to running some laps with ya soon :D

Cheers
    Randm90 likes this.
  17. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    MOD UPDATES
    Seems release v0.22 has seen some major changes, so many mods have needed to be updated also, below is just a few that Ive found that we have in mind for future events, and should be updated to take advantage of the improvements to the mod and Sim.

NOTE: Mouse over title for links

FCM_GP2-2014 season v0.9.5 updated from 0.9.4 = 252Mb D/L
    Changelog:
    Full rebuilt car ,
    Full animations from scratch ,
    New Shaders ,
    New Plank ,
    New Textures and Settings
    And another total 1st , Custom 38 Flycam Showroom , with my zero skills

Corvette C6R 2013 Beta4 Updated from Beta3 = 92.4Mb
    Changelog:
    - Full support for v0.22
    - Fully-functional setup screen
    - New tyres
    - Various suspension and car fixes (ride height, bumpstops, etc)
    - Fixed issue with drag coefficient not being affected by wings setup
    - Minimal ride height set to 60mm (GT2/GT3 reglament)
    - Improved race AI (I guess..)

Shelby Cobra 427 SC v0.55 Updated from v0.50 = 173.6Mb Full file. if you have v0.5 you can just use the update file to get to v0.55.

Still to check some of the other mods for updates.
    Cheers.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks AJ. OP updated and I will DL these soon.

I haven't put the Corvette in the OP as it's not something you've talked about running on the server yet. Let me know if you intend to put it up sometime and I will add it.
  19. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I figured out why it wouldnt work.
    I didn't have the Cobra installed so the Join button didnt show up for me.
    I just installed the Cobra now and checked the server and it now shows the join button! :thumbsup:
    Tovey_4saken and AJ.Scott like this.
  20. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    calder beta up in other thread guys:)
    AJ.Scott likes this.