[COMPLETED] ASSETTO CORSA: Season 1.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete

Pete Rookie

Thanks for the race guys. It all seemed all run pretty smooth from my perspective. I haven't been in an online race of that size that was raced so cleanly. 'Cept for one racing incident I got tangled up in. Racing Fargonz late in the race and it think it was Slash came out of the pits, I think he saw farononz but not me, re-took the line while I was already committed to the corner, a bit of paint was exchanged so sorry about that Slash.

So I am keen for the next race now.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers guys went pretty well considering it was a bit of a trial by fire :roflmao::cool:

Thanks to @Anon666 for setting up the server. Was stoked to get my allocated skin. Thanks to all the new guys jumping in the deep end and giving us a nice full, clean grid to kick things off. Hope we can keep this up :D

Unfortunately that replay file @Pringles_947 sent seems to be only the last half lap for P1 and a bit more for the rest of the grid... :cry: Anyway we have that partial field 5 lap stint post race and know how to grab a race replay properly for next time now. :)

Was interesting seeing how the grip levels were going to develop. Especially for quali. I tried a last minute set adjustment and raised my front tyre pressures trying to combat the heat.. It was crap. :poop: With about 4mins to go I skunted that off and dropped them back down. Got out in clean air, the track having rubbered in quite well with 17 odd grids slots filled and nailed a PB at 1:28.395 to take pole in the last minute. Must have rubbered up close to 100%.

Got off the line with a good launch and no dramas that I could see into T1 (well done all :thumbsup:). With R0t0R, Steve, and Cyber_STIG all jostling for position I was able to pull a bit of a gap and drive my own race. Kept an eye on lap times as R0t0R appeared in my mirrors having claimed 2nd (I have the driver splits disabled, too distracting :ninja:). Trying to manage tyres (heat :confused:) I would put a hard lap in when I saw more than a 10th or two difference between my lap and R0t0Rs.

Pitted dead set mid race, end of lap 13. Overrun the pit box, had to reverse. :rolleyes: Stuck in reverse while the fuel was filling I floored it and went backwards :oops: before frantically selecting 1st :whistling: and pulling out about 6th. Didn't bother taking tyres as was still able to put in close to early race lap times (mid-high 29's) when required.

Gratz to R0t0R and Anon rounding out the podium.:thumbsup: Thanks the the polite lap traffic in the dying laps ;)

Looking forward to next week. :D
    grkinn, Peter Wise and Pete like this.
  3. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Pity mate. Hope the bug comes back and you consider rejoining the season :)
  4. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Sounds like you guys had a blast. hope you have a short vid you can upload :)
  5. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

Hey guys, I chose to qually and the race as I had 0 practice with this game. I only noticed around 4 laps in that it actually placed my car on the grid (I was spectating other cars). Luckily I had an inside grid box so I was off the racing line. Sorry to anyone who may of been put off by this. I quit as soon as I noticed.

Is there a way to spectate from the server without having your car on the grid?
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    May be worth doing one of those file integrity checks. Also I had the PC freeze during prac and when I came back there was a little ninja update waiting for me. Will try and do a practice night Wednesday at Silverstone, hopefully get the new guys on as well - and teach Luke how to use the app's!!???!
    DoogleDave likes this.
  7. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    AJ, noooo!! It's like John leaving the Beatles. Mate, go and spend a long time in a bed with a strange foreign lady, smoke vast amounts of, ahh, stuff, write some weird songs, and you'll be fine.

Look forward to seeing you back on track man, you'll be missed.
    KoAStR and Peter Wise like this.
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yep, all you need to do is escape back to the pits. Once in the pit menu you can view all the cars and ride on board with whomsoever you please.
    Oblisc likes this.
  9. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

I believe you have to move your car first though. You cant get your car back into the pits sitting on the grid
  10. Fargonz

Fargonz Rookie

That was unfortunate mate, you we a lot faster than me. I pitted early to avoid the chaos, but was really struggling with tires by the end of the race
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    just don't go on track, when the count down starts just wait and you will stay in the pits ? I think lol
  12. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

That is what I did and it put my car on track (I didnt know this at the time).
  13. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Well!

For a first night of running this it went pretty well considering! :)

Thanks @Anon666 for putting it together, I did talk about it with AJ but just didn’t do anything.. haha :| oopsey! However all good!

To the Quali! Well.. Off to the toilet I went at the end of Practice and came back to only 7 mins remaining in Quali! What the! Arrrghhhh!!! I got out on track and saw Stig putting down a 29.1 already, I thought decent time tracks still gripping in, I only had enough fuel in the tank for 4 laps however when I got out I got stuck behind Doogle... I gave myself room for the 3rd lap flying lap only for him to make a mistake in the last sector… ARGGGGHHHHHH lap ruined :( … Only managed a 29.3 putting me behind Kostar and Stigsy.. I was a little bummed as I knew I could have been on the front row as I did do a 28.283 in practice with 100% grip and was well on for a 28.6 on my 4th lap however the session ended while I was in the last sector..

To the race, I got off to a poor start, with Steve Cross getting a flying off the start getting in-front and tucked in behind Stig.. This is not what I wanted to happen if I had any chance for fighting for the win with Kostar… After things settled down for a few laps I pulled in Stig and Steve in and sitting in behind them, there where was nowhere to make a move if I was to do a dive bomb or something it would put both of us out, I was starting to get desperate as Kostar started pulling away and had about a 3 second gap on us. All I had to do was wait… The next lap Stig made a mistake into turn 1 running wide, Steve jumped on it and so did I… Now Kostar had a 4 second gap… I knew I had my work cut out for me! Two laps later I got a good exit out of the final chicane and I broke later than Steve into the first corner getting up the inside. I got it done cleanly only to notice now Kostar was 5.6 seconds in front! Arrrghhhh! I put my head down and started chipping away at his lead into the pit stops I was about 4.4 seconds down, I did a Kostar… haha Missed my pit box and had to reverse, I thought I missed it and had to do another lap, I had no fuel! However lucky enough I got a full tank of fuel and out I went!

After the pit stops I started to chop the lead down even more, and got down to 2.8 seconds, I made a few mistakes and I was over driving the car.. The tyres where overheating into the 100s and don’t think I could of done much more to pull back the lead and had to settle for 2nd place.

Well done Kostar on the win!
    And thanks everyone for showing up! Now you have a rough idea how it works get on and practice for next week :)
    Anon666, grkinn and KoAStR like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If you guys are running a championship with points...do you want me to make tables? If so I will need to know the point system you are going to use and the full results.
    Anon666 and KoAStR like this.
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Wow I really should get into AC more. Its totally different from GT6 though. The under-steer basically feels like I remember in my fwd car. So much more realistic and tyres coming on and going off over time, awesome!

Thanks for allowing me to turn some laps, even if I was just a moving chicane. Was way off pace with a mid 31 as my best lap.

Hopefully I'll get a little more competitive once I've spent some time getting my head around everything. Im found it all a little overwhelming with trying to adjust my HUD stuff on the fly.
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  16. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    @MINT_GTR, @warrior2167, @GTP_DHolland

DW, luke it comes with time and playing around with it... Im still getting my head around it all, however the setup and driving is the key and tyre temps really :)
    skywalker likes this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    'onya skywalker. Yea get your HUD set how you like it before the race next time! It will keep your config ;)
    Here's a couple of quick sneaky screens. Enjoy :thumbsup:
    Flames... they make you go fast.
    [​IMG]
    R0t0R chasing me down the front straight.
    [​IMG]
    Doogles nice skin work... loading up the left side as the right grabs some curb
    [​IMG]
    DoogleDave and Peter Wise like this.
  18. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Good one Koastr.
    So the skins did work. When I joined the server my car showed up as pure red, so I was under the impression the skin didn't load - seems like it showed up for everyone else except me :-(

I'll have to run an integrity check on the files via Steam like Anon suggested and see if that helps.
  19. grkinn

grkinn New Recruit

Thanks to all for a great race. I initially thought I'd to have to abandon the event when in practice my server ping was fluctuating like crazy and all the cars around me were jumping about all over the place. I'm not exactly sure of the cause, we had just had a thunderstorm hit here in Perth just prior to the race. I also restarted my modem and shutdown my other pc on my home network and thankfully my ping seemed to stabilize at about 60ms. I think it all was fine from there in and did not notice any issues during the race. I could hear you guys on teamspeak, however I don't have a headset with microphone.

I did enjoy the race, despite being way off the pace. The best lap I could manage was a low 1:32. So a fair bit of improvement needed on my part. I had not tried that car before and not done many laps of Magoine. I had no idea on how to setup my car as well, the changes I made did not seem to make much difference! I started 16th on the grid and manged to pass a couple of cars, I spent most of the race circulating on my own. I made up a heap of places due to the pit stops. My pit stop all went fine and I returned to the track in 8th place! I was soon after lapped by a few of the front runners. So with a few guys pulling out of the race and others with bad pit stops, I ended up in 9th at the end of the race. I was really happy with that. After all it was my very first league race :)
    KoAStR and Peter Wise like this.
  20. Slasher

Slasher New Recruit Gold Member

Pete - sorry about that - it was a rookie error I saw the first car but when I saw you I tried to evade but made it worst
    Thanks for the race guys, i really enjoyed it & looking forward to next week.
    Peter Wise likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.