GT6 [COMPLETED] Australasian GT Community Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Feb 13, 2014.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Well Anon isn't on the forum atm, so for now I'll be ready to race. Unless he decides in the mean time, to have a go.
  2. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Just a heads up that I'm having some net problems, but it seems to be sorted now.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    All yours TB, made plans.
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Done. getting the rig set up now.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    damn looks like we just got nipped at the post here, still good effort really enjoyable series much better then i thought it would be.
  6. velly

velly Rookie

PSN ID
    velster
    gutted i missed the last race.
    I hope we can do this again at some point.
    Firstly i would like to say i wasn't haveing a go at you personally N64. Just lag is a pain. I have been the guy lagging and have caused lots of problems and know it ruins races.

It has been fun racing with you all and I hope to carry on doing so.
    I think we will all be attacking GT Acadmey now lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Seems like it all went well and we worked around the problems which was great to see.
    Hope we have something like this again! And hopefully I can attend more races than this one lol.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I should have the graphs up tomorrow sometimes but it looks like ORS won and the top 3 were Toivo, Mustafur & Mint
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Can't wait for series 2!

Maybe next series if you guys decide to reduce team sizes, perhaps we could have a rotational basis, and maybe increase the races to 6, maybe even more!
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well done to ORS too!
  11. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    WD guys. If it wasn't for the freak they call Toivo you guys would of blitzed us. Hopefully season 2 is just as good. that race was by far one of the best I've been in. Really good racing.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  12. velly

velly Rookie

PSN ID
    velster
    Due to the timing because of the server issues in round two meant a few of us ended up missing this week. Forsure R2 will be longer and better. I think teams of 5 is cool, as long as you nominate before each race that will be fine.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    emmo46, warrior2167 and velly like this.
  14. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done to mustafur for putting this show all together.

I didn't quite get the time I was looking for in qualy, to be in 5th place just 2 tenths off pole showed how close the field was. Some door banging on the opening lap allowed me to move into 3rd. Then I had to maintain speed while trying to use least from the tyres, I was happy being in 3rd and lapping in the 26.3'S and 4's just trying to maintain the gap to toivo. After mustafur made an error in to t1 I had moved into 2nd, but it's not what I wanted yet because now he's all over my bumper and in my mirror and I now had to slighty change my lines.

Past halfway and I'm still trying to save my tyres as best I can and to decide at what point to use them up to the finish. About lap 16 I decide it's time to go but the very next corner I push too hard and go wide , leaving the door open for mustafur. And just like that there goes any chance and catching toivo. A couple of laps later I get by mustafur and my gap to toivo is at 4.5 seconds, I get it down to 3.5, but thats as close as I got and toiv stretched it out again to 4 sec at the finish.

Looking at the replay I saw that toivo was using handbrake throughout the race, I know he's a decent rally driver but I don't think this would translate well in circuit racing and therefore not be fair to everyone else in the room.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    At what points was he using it and for what purpose? Did it help to turn the car in for tighter corners?
  16. velly

velly Rookie

PSN ID
    velster
    To be fair, I am ok with the handbrake thing. If you can be skillfull enough to use it, then good on you. Everyone has the option to use it.
    I agree it isn't the sort of thing you see in circuit racing but you do see it in Touge Sprints (video added because of awesome colours lol)

Again, thanks to Musty for putting this all together. I am happy to talk about a second series of this (bigger and better) I have some ideas ;) plus now I think we have the "basic" rules ironed out.
    It's all about the racing, that is why we are here. Thanks again all :)
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I have no problem with him using it, because it would be highly Ironic if i wasn't, since im very active with my handbrake usage,
  18. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    In most of the corners, After the initial braking into the corner when the car is at the maximum load then he would engage the handbrake ever so slightly up to a few times in a corner to help turn the car better, get the car back online and to save tyres by minimising the load on the fronts. As mustafur said he was also doing the same but engaging the handbrake a fraction bit harder than toivo.

It's not the traditional way of using the handbrake where you completely lock the rear wheels for a brief moment, but it's using it as a braking aid to give more bias to the rear.

It's a game and there are couple of techniques you can use to make you go faster that you can't do in real life. I guess the question we have to ask is, since it's a game we do whatever the game allows to go as fast as possible, or do we try to keep it as realistic as possible since I'm pretty sure if go to a renault dealership and then ask them to change the handbrake lever to a button on the steering wheel (unless you made one of these handbrake mods in the pic below) and then take it to a race track where i'm sure engaging the hand brake would only slow me down.

[​IMG]
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  19. velly

velly Rookie

PSN ID
    velster
    lol...that photo is epic!
    I can see where you are coming from Warrior. I am sure we all want to keep it as real as possible. I only wish we could force the cockpit view! hehe
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thoughts on reviving this?
    Despite my horrific lag I really enjoyed it, and we wouldn't have to deal with it anymore lol