GT6 [Completed] Japanese GT Championship 2000

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Sep 29, 2016.

1. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Well firstly about the turn 1 incident (euphemism for debacle), razor pod may not have meant it but it certainly showed how inattention or misjudgement at the start can cause chaos.......I am no expert on the rules so do we have a "red flag restart" rule for something like what happened? So apart from that, I think it was a great race by all accounts. I can't wait to get back to my wheel as I know this gtr will be so fun (was a muted type of fun on hand controller - mainly the difficulty correcting any oversteer oh and sweaty palms without aircon) and it will be able to stick it to the lambo and supra too. I finished second last but I didn't mind after no testing and defaulting to Stigs base tune. I reasoned 1.8 - 1.9 secs lap difference is all hand controller... I spent most of the race battling bob in the NSX and Emmo in the Viper. Based on my observations the NSX may need some assistance. I am sure the power might be equal in current BOP but it may need more help somewhere in its specs as bob was clearly struggling under acceleration out of corners and I know he wasn't trying to drift...likewise it seemed Emmo's Viper lacked a little front end grip on turn in...the gtr of course needs the most assistance as I would like an unfair advantage please.....lol I think stings TC did a good job and I appreciate the effort to try and achieve parity (hope that comment also gets a few more BHP for the gtr for the next round....what...just sayin)......
    StigsTC and Jaycie like this.
  2. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Going by the number of disconnections last night, that could be a big problem for a 2 hour race. Also slightly baffled as to why Bob switched from the Viper given how well he went in that car during testing compared to the NSX.
    StigsTC likes this.
  3. cola1001

cola1001 Rookie

Congrats to who ever won. Whent in to first corner put foot on brakes then wack, not sure what happened. What i could see emmo, knuckels had better pace than us and on my screen looked like a tiny bit of lag. Sorry massive hangover last night and was 1.5 sec of my practice pace (all over the track ) . And had to leave at 10 to go out. So couldn't finish, start times should be in forced a bit more. (Hard to do I know ) Think races should be shorter too. Maybe two half hour racers to get more interest
  4. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

My apologies the turmoil on the 1st corner def my fault..from the rear of the grid.
    My wheel started to reset at the start
    My apolagies sorry to all.
    Hatfield likes this.
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 1 Results
    [​IMG]
    Note: @Nigel Burley is classified 9th, having completed the 33rd and penultimate lap before @BMWF30328. Therefore BMW is classified 10th and @B-Spec Bob 11th.
    12. @cola1001
    13. @Nathan Storrier
    14. @Razorpod50
    15. @lets_party-1611

Being the first round, it wasn't surprising to see teething issues with the room setup. Hopefully, network stability will improve with a room split. As for race lengths, I'm happy with them as they are, as long as the races start on time. I'm fine with the endurance round cut down to 90 minutes if the majority thinks 2 hours is too long.
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    For sure, if anyone else would prefer 1 hr 30mins instead of 2 hrs, this may be changed.
    Of course, we could also, if the majority is happy to, leave it at 2hrs and only reduce if we start late.
  7. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Viper is alright and would've done better last night but I think the NSX has more potential. I hardly ever have a reason to tune these cars so figure I'd learn something from it. Spent most of the past week making my BoP so turned up with a work in progress and not much else.
    bmx_mtb_boy and Hatfield like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    should be a good round at suzuka from you then!
    bmx_mtb_boy likes this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No problems Knucks:thumbsup:, I was creeping right trying to get a good line into the corner and didn't realise how close we were.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Hatfield likes this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    27kgs on the already overweight Diablo is gonna hurt at Suzuka...
    Zachery likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    good!
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :D
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Will you have a 26 Kilo penalty as well for having 26 points in Div 2
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I suspect we will be splitting the rooms at some point in the series, so yes, the split division points will be the amount of ballast
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have already scored it as 2 separate divisions even though both divisions ran in the one room. I suspect we will always have two divisions, sometimes split into 2 rooms and sometimes in the one room. I will continue to score them separately though so weight penalties can be applied according to division points.
    Zachery and Hatfield like this.
  18. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

This series has me wishing we could tune the understeer out of the S12 car. Many of us clearly have different driving styles and the stock tunes usually suck when tyre wear is on.
  19. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Team Driver

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Me too especially given I'm more of a tuner/engineer 1st and a driver 2nd. Also, getting the hang of my new Logitech Momo wheel too. Around 2 seconds slower at Suzuka compared to a controller so far and the missing power supply is yet to arrive. May run it for the final round depending on how good I am with it by then.
    StigsTC likes this.
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I find the stock gtr fantastic to drive. Ive been waiting for season 12 since the end of 10. And im probably going to miss a few rounds which is bloody typical.
    Although a bit of a tweek would just make it better.
    The only downside is i dont think it would be as close if we tuned them.