GT6 [Completed] Japanese GT Championship 2000

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, Sep 29, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  2. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Alrighty fellas, *plays intro to eminem's 'without me'* I'm back from the big holiday and ready to jump into the supra and have some fun to finish this season. You're all wayyy ahead on the tuning stuff but I've got all week to catch up on the stuff and should be ready for next weeks event. :thumbsup:
  3. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Hey guys sorry that I haven't been able to make it to the last two races. I'll make sure that I'll be hitting the track for the rounds to come :D
    bmx_mtb_boy, Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  4. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Great race. It feels nice to be back amongst the pack after changing my seat to a much more functional position. I tried to sit it in the f1 position all the way back in season 11. Started realising I couldn't brake properly like that so I hope the upward trend continues. @StigsTC is so damn fast it's going to be very hard to beat him in any race.. seriously look at those lap times! @ssman244 u should try stigs setups they're very fast. I've altered the skyline so it is stiffer which suits my driving. It's probably faster the way stigs has it buy I'd rather sacrafice a few tenths for the car to feel right for me. I wouldnt get close to those Stig times with either tune anyway!!
    ssman244, JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Having the car suit you is always the faster way to complete a race. A couple of tenths on a good lap looks great on paper, but isn't enough to overcome dropping a second with a big moment or 5+ seconds with a spin.
    Racing tuned race cars is what I do normally, all my stuff with MWM, the endurance series on GTP is race cars with tuning so I have heaps of experience. I know how I like to drive, and I know how to tune to give me what I need to drive that way. Still haven't worked out how to drive stock cars with no tuning yet lol.
    Forgot to ask about your strategy of carrying worn tyres for the extra few laps past half way, was interested to hear why you'd done that knowing the undercut is pretty powerful here.
    Jaycie likes this.
  6. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Yeah ok, wow thats a lot of tuning experience. It's been quite insightful seeing what you've done. I think Ive been stuck in a rigid methodology when tuning and your tunes have opened up some possibilities I would never have tried.
    The strategy to run longer was more to just do the opposite of what you did. The gap was growing even in the first stint and, trying not to have a defeatist attitude (more of a realistic assessment) I thought the only option was to run longer and have those last few laps of low fuel and newer rubber to hopefully bring down the gap. But realistically the pace difference meant it was a plan of desperation - check mate - unless you had 1 or 7 big spins haha:confused:
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Keiichi Tsuchiya showing how it's done in the NSX:
    Half-Byte, ssman244 and StigsTC like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that sound...
  9. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Is that the 06 model?
  10. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    BoP for TSUKUBA
    Car-------Power----Weight
    Skyline --- 515 --- 1150
    Supra ---- 500 --- 1150
    Viper ----- 505 --- 1180
    NSX ------ 495 --- 1150
    Diablo --- 537 --- 1200
  12. Half-Byte

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Me and @WOLFYDADDY007 wont be making it if what they are saying is true about the Blackouts. Apparently we won't have power for the weekend. :(
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Lol. Bloody adelaide.
    Half-Byte likes this.
  14. Half-Byte

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Too right
  15. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    @Hatfield, how does the reverse grid work in the sprint round if we use one room? Does the faster division get to start in front of the slower division, or is it a simple reverse grid of the first race?
  16. Half-Byte

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    Powers all good will be racing Tomorrow
    Hatfield likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    simple reverse of first race
  18. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

The weight for the Skyline 1150 weight ? Just checking
  19. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Yes, plus 41kg for your championship points.
  20. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

41 klg championship points. ??????
    Explain that for me please.
    Cheers