GT6 [Completed] S2 BJH Memorial Race of Champions.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Apr 26, 2014.

1. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Great job razor, really good drive!
    razor4797 likes this.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats Razor. We'll done Dave & Scotty too.

Good race all. Thanks Tim for putting it all together.
    razor4797 likes this.
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Thank you to everyone for making it work on the night. The tribute to Bruce was great, with all respecting the moment. Thank you.

No rest for me though. The next one is already needing some attention behind the scenes. Lots of possible entry opportunities already.
  4. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Will have a look at everyone's improvement over their season times and apply a similar improvement to Bruce's time and let you all know where he would have finished.
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'ld suggest taking the average of everyones improvement and finding Bruce's expected fastest lap in race. Then calculate the average of everyones actual total time minus handicap as a percentage of their theoretical total time (FL*25). Then simply multiply that % with Bruce's theoretical total time then add the div 5 handicap to get Bruce's expected total time. I'll have a go at the calculations tomorrow I hope that makes sense.
    carn_the_pies likes this.
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    What a way to say a final goodbye to a great mate.. It was a real shame Mus disconnected, and we had to do-over the start.
    The poem and minute silence really moved me, and I'm sure it did for the rest of the field.
    The race itself went so much better than I ever expected. I honestly thought Bruce had it..
    I made a few mistakes, but luckily they weren't too costly. I feel for you Peach and CAGM, your spins were so unlucky and you both were in fighting positions..
    I couldn't not be happier with my result, and now becoming the new ROC Champion.
    This one is for you BJH! Race in Peace
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It was very hard to read that poem without bursting into tears, I could feel it but thankfully I composed myself. Very very moving, as was the lap of silence, I was honoured to pay tribute to the great man.

Awful race for me, I think it was pretty clear I was much faster before PD messed with the car! But it doesn't matter. Absolutely stirling job Jason, clearly Billy's pre race pingas at that party you were at today made you faster! :p Bruce would have been proud of your drive mate, he'd be looking down from above with a twinkle in his eye.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I hope I didn't destroy anyones race, I tried to keep out of the way, even driving into the sand sometimes to make way, I think I may have affected Razors race the most with two contacts but he still won, so well done. I don't know what was wrong last night but I was wrestling with mid corner oversteer on close throttle that was just like the rear was on ice. I was very happy to be driving in the BJH memorial event but if it was just a normal race I wouldn't have bothered starting.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

@t_b_williams I've done many calculations with the data. When using everyone in the calculations of averages Bruce gets an expected fastest lap of 1:12.072 and a expected total race time of 30:59.509. I then used only those who's fastest lap was less than 0.99 of their season fastest lap which left a sample size of 7. This gave Bruce an expected fastest lap of 1:11.742. I then assumed Bruce would have the most perfect race so used the lowest value of everyones Actual total time (minus handicap) divided by their theoretical total time (FL*25) which was MINT and Mustafur with 1.014 as a reference razors was 1.019. With these numbers Bruce's expected total time is 30:19.181 without factoring in the div 5 18s handicap and 30:37.181 when you do. So even when using the most favourable numbers Razor would still win by 2.727 seconds and bruce would place 4th behind Razor, DoogleDave and SmokinScotty.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    t_b_williams and razor4797 like this.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    CAGME do you work for NASA???
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  11. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I think he might be Hatfield's brother (named Unix) :D
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think I was about a second and half slower.
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Yeah you were emmo although I ignored your times in all calculations as you didn't cross the line within the 3 minutes + was getting out of peoples way for most of the race good to see you kept going till the very end. Also couldn't use CobMcCool's or DisTurboed's time due to them both not setting a time during the season race.
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done razor, excellent drive bud. Also great drive's Dave and Scotty.

Great tribute Jono as well.

Some awesome racing last night, the difficulty of the macca made it really enjoyable. When I found some clear track my pace was better than expected, being in the 10.7's and 10.8's. The handicap was spot on, well done tb. I was 7.5 seconds behind with 5 laps to go until I came across Peach's car exiting turn 1 and bang my car stopped instantly probably registering over 100g and that was my chance gone (All is forgiven Peach :) ). Had it been a different outcome I think there could have been a 5 car pack going for the win on the final lap between Dave, razor, CAGM, Scotty and myself.
    SuiCid3, JonoStan96 and razor4797 like this.
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Glad to hear the handicaps worked well. It's all a bit of guess work honestly.
    My race was horrid. Got past Razor and Cob at turn 1 and was keeping in touch with CAGM untill I threw it away (as did Cob in sympathy). From then on I just couldn't find a groove. four bid spins all up I think and heaps of tank slappers. Might have finished better if not for the mistakes but am just happy to have qualified and been able to honour our mate.
    razor4797, emmo46 and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The way the handicaps are set up I knew I was up against it from the start, giving 18 seconds start to peach who was faster than me at this track and starting with the other div 4 guys Doogle and turbo who are way faster than me I knew I was done from the start. It turned out way worse than I expected though, I planned on trying to stay with the other div 4 guys as well as I could and see how things developed, Unfortunately I found a new place to spin on lap 2 and it was all over. I spent the rest of the race trying to keep out of the way, I didn't want to just quit as I felt BJ would want me to press on. Two laps down in a handicap race is VERY embarrassing.:oops:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I unfortunately never raced with Bruce, but I gotta say what you guys have organised here is very special.

Even though BJH is no longer around, im personally quite moved by all this effort to honour a mate.

Its an amazing community here on Raceonoz, it sorta reminds me of church. Race church ;)
    S_CLOSE, JonoStan96, garyw61 and 2 others like this.
  18. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Amen
    VARDZ likes this.