Division 1 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I will not be participating in tonights race, being 1.3 secs off the pace and being very tired im just not up to racing for an hour and half. Have a good race
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

What is this BS I've been 1.3s+ off every race so far but I soldier on, would have thought the leader would lead by example.....
    Just kidding mate just be sure to have submitted your 3 joker picks (not me), I expect a win next week as compensation :roflmao:
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I cant wait for next season, i want a car thats a bit tail happy and and has some serious turn in, this car has no turn in and i cant make it work
    Peter Wise likes this.
  4. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Sorry i didn't make it so tired after work and when i was at work i left PS3 for GT6 because forgot to turn it off and my wheel motor was very hot and needed to be turn off for awhile
    @Fastboysmith try learning without ABS nicer feel to it and don't worry this car not good for my pace i need high downforce and speed for me that's what im good at as use all know im a big F1 fan ang love playing F1 games .:) Don't worry if you lose your team needs ya.
    Im out of GT when project cars out on PS4. :)
    See use soon hopefully i get good internet soon as possible :)
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    pole D Holland
    [​IMG]
    fain 10th - 1:25.868
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx, any DSCs
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Faine quit, his FL was a 25.868.
    That was all, 10 starters, 9 finishers
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    WOW, .3 split the top 3. Great race lads.....
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Jono
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What a race! That was a hectic roller coaster ride!

I had an ok start from 7th, but again, I was too tentative, not wanting to take anyone out, so once again it was up to faine to lead the way for GRT. And he was doing a great job, running in 3rd at one stage! At the same time though, I was falling way back, making really silly errors and raging at myself pretty hard.

Then after the pitstops, the car came alive. After not even coming close to even a 26.8 in practice, suddenly I was gaining heavily on those in front, gaining on the leaders and cracking PB's in the low 26's. The lower fuel load gave me a whole lot more confidence and speed. And I was trying to utilise it to the maximum, but an epic battle with stig 13 delayed me a bit.

But after another visit to the pits, in free air, I somehow managed a 25.8, unthinkable before the race, so I was really pumped for the rest of the race. I jumped Cyber and stig 13 in the pits, and unfortunately faine called it quits. Then I caught Anon, and what can I say, that was a really fantastic duel mate. It reminded me of Season 11, where we had some good fights in the TVR. I think we made contact just twice. I'm now thankful I can race hard with other drivers with this modem, it has made racing so much more fun.

I knew the top 5 was out of reach, so I was spurred on by the reward of being the top non alien. I believe I got lucky towards the end though, I under-fuelled the car on my penultimate pit. I thought I'd be able to go for the FL, but Anon had other ideas. I had to pit early, for a longer final stint. And unlike warrior who is a master of looking after tyres, I am not, so I was :):):):) scared of an attack at the end. Even worse, I had over fuelled the car this time, and wasted about 3 seconds.

Fortunately, I had a really good out lap and cleared Anon. But I knew he'd be coming hard and fast at the end, so I tried to look after the front right as much as possible. However, he couldn't catch up in the time, and I crossed the line in an ecstatic 6th place. A great result for me after an atrocious start.

Wd Warrior, how you made that strategy work, I'll never know.

Cheers, Jono
  11. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Another race for me to forget! I must admit I did a very bare minimum prac here... which I think hurt in the end..

I was happyish with my qualifying, after my first flying lap was sitting in 2nd with a 1:26.3 .. Jumped into the pits to do another but I just couldn't find the time I was looking for, and everyone else where putting in better times... but any who started in 6th... I knew it was a long race so just had to stick it in there..

First lap, got off to a good start, got my way up into 5th until the last chicane, after being so close to the top 4 I got the timing of my apex way wrong and turned in too early then copped a 5 second penalty... Dropping to the back of the field in 9th I was pretty annoyed at myself! The very next lap I had Dan all over the back of me, going into the hairpin he broke alot later than me doing a little dive bomb pushing me very wide so I had to apex late as I didn't want to hit him... I got on the loud pedal and for some stupid god dam reason the car decided to oversteer and tank slap me into the kitty litter... Here I went from being annoyed to keeping my rage under control in last place.. lol

After managing my rage I ended up catch to back to 9th which was one of the stigs? on lap 9, I was going to do a 5 stopper and thought I would make it jump in the pits early to get the jump.. It worked! I was happy, now pulling in the 7th and 8th.. next stint was a longish one of 11 laps pitting on lap 20.. it and somehow I ended up in front again... I worked my way up into 5th place and was only 8 seconds off the lead! I was happy until i realized all the lads in front had just finished their last pit stop and I had one more to do! Thank fully by this time I had built up enough of a buffer to pit again and do it with comfort!

A decent recovery from where I was on the end of lap 2.. Best result I could of gotten as clearly a 4 stopper was faster (or in warriors case 3)

Seriously impressive finish! Congrats to warrior for the win! and the top 3, a very impressive race for you lads!

Now on to Red Bull Ring which I hope to get some points back :)
    Ad2mny, Oblisc and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Not much between 6th to 10th!
  15. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Those last 3 laps were super intense. Having to do 16 laps in the final stint, I wasn't sure I could have held you off Mint, and then add Dan and Mister Bond into the mix. Well done all for such a bloody awesome.

The 4 stop may have been a couple seconds faster, but I was able to stay in clean air on a 3 stopper. The whole race I just had to stay patient and drive to my number. The 1st stint was the most dangerous for my strategy, I couldn't fall to many places. I briefly fell back to 4th but got that back a lap later, I was happy to sit in the 3rd, and as Mint and Mister Bond neared their 1st stops I started to gain on then and be right on their tail as they stop.

After my 1st stop, I came out in 4th and thgen was sensationally passed by faine into turn two, another great little battle with him and was soon back to 4th and back to conservation mode. The gap to the leaders when they made their 2nd stops was about 6 seconds. On newer tyres they were gaining over a second a lap and had reduced my lead to about 14 seconds when I came in for a second time on lap 30, Still to close to call if I had enough of a gap.

3rd stint and 2nd half of the race I was all alone and could focus on saving the rubber as much as possible, nearing my 3rd stop my gap was down to 6 seconds, and then came the final 16 lap stint, had to be super conservative early, I was doing 27.5's and after Mint made his final stop he was only 5.5 behind. I couldn't do anything as I see him getting bigger every lap in my mirror, he eventually catches me and gets past, and with 5 laps to go there was no more conserving. I had to give it everything and was able to repass going in turn 1. 4 laps left and I see dan and mister bond also coming. Then come the last 3 laps, we all have no rubber left, I'm doing everything I can to stay infront of Mint. Thankfully I somehow am able to hold them all of and I breathe a buge sigh of relief as the chequered is waved.
  16. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done to all last night, what a marathon. With very little practice and having spent the day at the races with Alfa (who also had a shocker!), my energy levels were low and my rum levels were high!! Good thing there are no breathalyzers on hand for these races. Given my state I tried my best to stay out of the way and took a wide line at T1 where possible. I had some fun with N64 over the last half of the race, but I must have copped 5 penalties at that last chicane and drove like a Melbourne cabbie. Got close to giving my rig a bath at the end, and couldn't feel my legs over the last 5 laps such was my clenching. Thankfully the flagged dropped a few moments before my pelvic floor.

Off to the Red Bull Ring then. C'mon Smithy, I promise I won't practice for the next race so you and I can bash it out at the back of the field.
    warrior2167, MINT_GTR, Ad2mny and 7 others like this.
  17. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Unbelievable. What a round! I could see everybody on the track which was quite amusing :rolleyes:

Don't know how I managed to Qually 3rd and with Holland dropping out I was gifted a front row seat.

Got a wicked launch at lights out and got past warrior and mint and I'm like, what the.. Clear air!! Short lived as mint was having none of it. I knew from practice warrior was going for three stopper so he would be managing tires. I had planned a 5 stopper but after such a good start, I thought I'd hang on to mints draft for as long as possible and go for the 4.

Thanks to my new sponsor, TP-link Routers, i had an epic 40ish lap battle with Captain TLR. :D This was my most enjoyable round by far this season. Mint outwitted me after the third stop and burned me so that I was out of his draft. Even though I new I had a chance at a podium I made a couple of small errors, Holland gaining least .3 each lap!!

Watching up ahead with about 5 laps to go, mint and warrior, warrior and mint. Then throw in a side of Holland to really spice things up. Was entertaining to be sitting in 4th. I thought warrior was toast, but... Not to be. Unbelievable. Well done for making that 3 stopper work. The race was a thriller.
    Respect also to mint for some fine race craft and also to super :alien: Dan w/ his last to third effort..........

Bring on the Redbull Ring
  18. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    After 60 laps
    [​IMG]
    .300 of a second
    [​IMG]
  19. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Long overdue but here is my recap of what was another eventful race, this time at brands hatch.

Brands hatch was proving tough all week in practice, every time I got greedy, it sent me to the beach to play sandcastles. Qually was extremely tight up top, managed to start 4th only 0.2 off pole so I new the start was going to be important. Got a good launch off the line and found myself alongside warrior going into turn 2, unfortunately I left an invite for Mister Bond too and well, things got messy and I fell back to 5th. The race soon settled down and found myself once again in an awesome battle with Rotor right on my tail. I threw everything at him, sand, dirt and even smoke (thanks to a D1 worthy drift at turn 8) and nothing could shake him off. The first stops came up and I took the first chance I had to get in. Joining Warrior and Dan though, I lost valuable seconds that eventuated in losing a position to Rotor once stops were all said and done. Thankfully, I started to really find rhythm in the 2nd stint and it was my turn to harass Rotor for what was 4th now 2nd position thanks to some cruel DSC to Beau and Dan Holland. After some great close racing, Rotor finally left a door open big enough to pass and once the final stops were completed I came out with sights now on Warrior. I gave it absolutely everything but Warrior was equal to the task so I crossed over the line in a rewarding 2nd position. :)

Congrats to Warrior on a dominant win :D Well done to Rotor on 3rd also and cheers for the awesome battle. Now we move to one of my most disliked tracks in the game, Apricot Hill and of course, its an enduro round....ugh
  20. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    "Apricot hill" and "endurance" two words I dont want to hear in the same sentence and then add in the manflu to limit practice and what did it produce, one of the most exciting races ever, thanks everyone :thumbsup:

It all started with another tough qually session, I wasnt too phased where I started but to start 3rd was very pleasing. The start was action packed as I found myself glued to the front two. I was able to pass both in quick succession and gain some fresh air to try and push for a lead. That was short lived though as Mister Bond was being a slipstream hog ;) and we started what ended up being the most epic battle for 40 odd laps, a marathon in itself.

After the 1st stops had passed, alternate strategy had been added to the mix with Warrior on 3 stops. As I was immersed in the battle with MB I was constantly taking note of where Warrior was at all times and I knew if I had any chance of pressuring him for the win I had to find fresh air. I made the call to do my 13 lapper at the end of my 3rd stint to go all out on the last 2. And that I did, I drove the best I had done all race and I was fortunate to drop Mister Bond in the process.

My final stop took place and I had 12 laps to go and 5.5 seconds to close down. With Warriors crazy task of a 16 lap final stint, I new that was going to be the easy part but to pass and stay in front, not so much. I finally bridged the gap and managed to put the pass on the first chance I had. I was naive in thinking Warriors tyres were going to go off so it was far from over. I allowed an easy pass to take place on the front straight with a few laps to go which I am kicking myself about now as Warrior then showed me how maximum defence is done and forcing me to try to go around the outside which I just couldn't do. With our battle going on, we allowed Dan and MB to close right up and the last lap that took place was the most intense sandwich I have ever been in. To cross over the line in 2nd and lose by the length of a MX-5, what a thriller.

Congratulations Warrior, you master strategist. I know what you were going through with what you did to me at Spa last season so well done on making the impossible, possible. :D Well done to Dan, from your blonde moment in qually to go from pole to last and still finish 3rd, great recovery and performance. And finally absolute respect to you Mister Bond, the race craft, pace and close racing between ourselves was so enjoyable :thumbsup:

Hmmm....red bull ring, probably my weakest track of this season, so if anyone wants to practice synchronized spinning with me, I am here all week :whistling:
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014