Division 1 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Hey, just a quick write-up of how the final race went, after putting in a less than ideal qually lap of 9'14.8, I started in pole and the race went according to plan initially, managed to break MINT's slip stream early on, but a few mistakes started creeping in and he easily reeled me in later on during the opening lap. But I maintained my position as there was no passing opportunities, and again pulled out a 1+ second gap down the main straight, thus preventing the draft.

Lap 2 was a similar story, I was hovering just out of MINT's grasp for the majority of it, until he managed to cling on to my draft down the main straight, also bringing warrior right into the mix. Decided to pit then and get out on fresh tires, and this tactic worked out well as I had minimal traffic, and when the leaders all pitted, I found myself in the lead by 3 seconds. I knew the race was practically in the bag, I zoned out for a brief moment, dropped a rear tire in the grass and was extremely close to spinning out, MINT now reduced the gap down to 1.5 seconds.

From then on it was pretty much a time trial exhibition from both of us, we were swapping fastest sector honors throughout, meaning the gap never really fell below 1.5 secs. We both had excellent final laps, as MINT, hell bent on gunning me down, pulled away from warrior to complete a fantastic 1-2 and clinch the team championship for TLR!

I hope to experience more of the same excellent racing in season 4, it was a real pleasure mixing it with the fastest Aussies in the business, congrats to warrior who stayed true to his past domination of this competition, by clinching yet another championship, well deserved!
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    LESS THAN IDEAL?!? :eek::confused::alien::cry:
    stucar17 and Mister_Bond_747 like this.
  3. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Yep, from my practice laps, and considering I drove a 9'11 with 8's on the front final lap, was expecting a 9'13 at least, messed up the opening part lost a second in one corner.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  5. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    As the curtains draw close on another season, what a finale that was......

I produced a shocker in the one lap shoot out but was relieved to still slot into 3rd off the start. My first big hurdle was warrior and fortunately my launch off the lights got me past going out of the first corner. From then it was matter of trying to get into a rhythm really quickly and stay within arms length of Dan. That was proving really difficult as errors were piling up but fortunately dan was in the same boat and by the end of the 2nd lap, we were nose to tail as Dan pitted. The 3rd lap was really enjoyable as myself and Warrior teamed up and nascar bump drafted the whole way around nordschleife to try and minimise Dan's undercut.
    As I drove out of my final stop for the season the inevitable had happened though and Dan had a commanding lead, so my focus was to hold off warrior to consolidate a strong team finish. There wasn't much motivation needed to go victory though so when dan had a big moment, I went for it. I ringed the neck out of the little roadster and although i wasn't able to close the margin, I was stoked to produce a PB and come home in 2nd for what was TLR's strongest Div 1 finish for the season.

A big congrats to Dan on producing a hell of a last lap on worn tyres to secure victory. :D Congrats to the one and only Warrior on clenching another championship title, 8 in a row is legendary status. :thumbsup: A big thanks to cyber for running the host duties once again and all the mods for another successful season.

Not enough words can describe how enjoyable the past season has been for myself. Where ever I was in the field, fighting for the win or to even stay out of last place (thanks mus and Jono :laugh:) my highlights reel is full of epic wheel to wheel racing with some serious pace and pressure to match. A big thanks to all you boys in div 1, the fastest in australia, see you all next season for some muscle madness :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014