Division 1 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Not a bad race this week, Qualifying 4th . I actually thought the boys up front would be doing 1.39s so didn’t expect to keep up.

Had another good launch, kept Faine at bay turn 1, Fastboy assisted me to stay in front of Faine up the hill. Braked late into t2 locking up front right and going wide. Gave Fastboy and Faine the position... t3 fastboy was hit behind from faine and spun so got past him and continued to hunt faine. Annoyed to get mixed up here as I could see the Warrior Mint and Rotor having all the fun up front and I wanted to be a part of it!

Anyway, next few laps had to find the right time to make a clean pass on Fn, which I thought I had done t1 lap 4. Faine had other ideas, going wide and around the astro and taking the position back after coming back on the track. Within the next lap I got the move done into t3 and went to create a gap.

The rest of the race I thought I would just manage the gap in 4th , keep it consistent and not lose any time to Rotor who had suffered with an under performing pit crew. Couldn’t believe my eyes seeing warrior perform his drive through. Maybe he is mortal. Then I saw Mint spin, actually thought he had run out of fuel.

So very please to pick up an unlikely podium. Goodbye RBR, time to get whooped at Green Hell!:roflmao:
    Well done Rotor with the Win. Good Round NLR
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    k guys,

Protest has been looked at and penalty will be applied pending an appeal....hopefully sorted tomorrow. (faine struggles to get onto the forum guys so if i dont hear from him by tomorrow we will apply penalty for the last round, with the possibility of appeal still there till next monday. After that the penalty will apply)

Stu
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Lads the go for tonights race, in particular qual is this:
    If it's stable do a 1 lap qual run using the qual option. If it's dodgy psn for the room maybe set up the grid based on champ positions.
  4. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    tbh I think starting qually earlier is the best option, if we start 5 min early we should start the race no more than 5 min later than normal.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I cannot believe this. I'm so gutted.

I was looking forward to the Nürburgring race, as I knew my pace was strong at this track, one which I love so much.

I did managed a fluke 14.8 in solo practice, but I never came close to replicating it, still I was really confident. A 21 in qualifying was disappointing, but I was upbeat with 5th on the grid. A good start was just what I needed, as the top 5 with myself at the tail pulled away fast. I was hoping to get past Rotor quickly, but a move wasn't going to happen with warrior just ahead.

After climbing up the Schumacher S, I thought my best chance was to get a good run out of the Ford chicane and move past at the hairpin, but before reaching the Veedol, BOOM! Disconnected.

I can't describe how disappointed I am right now. This was by far my best chance at a solid result, but it didn't happen. I did not rejoin in case it resulted in anyone losing sound. I hope you all had a good race, and congratulations to the winner!

Cheers, Jono.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yep, so it turns out my sister was downloading 5sos (5 sectors of :):):):)) and 1D (No direction) while I was racing. :cry:
  7. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    [​IMG]
    10th n64 DSc L1
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Another season run and won. Thanks to Cyber for hosting, big effort given the addition to the fam this season. Warrior, solid as always, and this season Dan, Mint, Rotor and Bond were all pushing him to the limit. Have a few weeks off lads, and I expect you all to be back here for next season!!
  9. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Yep i will be back, not sure if it will still be Div 1 after that performance, anyway off to put my MX5 on Gumtree
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who got pole?
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I may look at the table with disappointment and lament the absence of luck this season, but I must say that was one of the most fun Seasons I've had at ROOZ, far more enjoyable than the evil Macca. 9th overall certainly was not what I was looking for, however just racing in Div 1 with the fastest guys in the world is a privilege in itself. Well done Warrior on 8 in a row and well done TLR! It'll be GRT's turn for victory next season! :p
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Cheers everyone, certainly a very close and great season. Thanks to Cyber for hosting and the mods.

Well done Dan last night. Also really enjoyable race with Mint and Rotor. Also, badluck jono. You would have definitely been in the mix.

An awesome race to finish the season. Starting from 2nd, I was beaten to the the 1st corner by Mint and then shortly after passed by Rotor on the outside of flugplatz. I quickly got back into 3rd, but I'd lost a bit of time from holland and Mint. Thanks to Rotor's help we both caught back up once again to Mint. Then I started to bump draft Mint and we were catching up and caught Dan right before the pit entry.

Dan went in, so I knew he would be super quick on new tyres. I continued to bump draft with Mint until the stop and tried to come in ahead as I knew I would lose time if I was behind. That didn't work out so I lost a couple of seconds. It's just so hard to make up time here, I got within 3.1 of Dan, but made a couple of small errors and eventually finished 4.7 back.
  15. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Congrats Warrior to yet another Championship! We made you work for it this season, and I have no doubt we will make it even harder for you next season! :)

Congrats to top 3 for the podiums at Nordschleife!

For me this track I was finding it a hit and miss.. I couldn't find consistency on staying on the track.. I found myself pushing a little too hard in some area's or just getting turn in points all wrong and I knew it was going to be my down fall and it was...

Qualifying I knew I had some work to do, was a little of my practice pace and started P4 here I knew if I stayed with the top 3 it will come down to pretty much the last corner.. Got off to a good start over taking Warrior sitting right behind MINT, before I knew it, I blinked and Warrior was back in front! lol you bugger!!! :p After our little scrap Dan and MINT had pulled about a 1.5 second gap on Warrior and I... I knew I just had to stay behind and we could catch up! And that we did! After sitting on Warrior's bumper for the rest of the lap it was the Döttinger Höhe straight, I knew there was no point in trying to overtake as Warrior would just jump straight back in my slip stream and overtake again, so I used it to push Warrior along so we could close down MINT! Onto the next lap, I thought ok, its going to be like this, if I let them go that's it.. I made a small mistake going into Hohenrain making the car unsettled and I dropped about 1.2 seconds down... I didn't loose much time until Bergwerk... Trying to push to catch back up I touched the grass on the exit and turned me around... My race for 2nd/3rd in the Championship was over on L2... I got back on the wagon just hoping Mint/Warrior/Dan we trip over each other and I would sneak through... it wasn't to be the case! Crossing the line in 4th, finishing the championship in 4th after such a strong start to the season got me alittle disappointed...

It was a good season! Thanks guys for some top wheel to wheel racing, it is always good to battle Dave, Matt, Dan and others! Hard, fair racing!

Again congrats warrior, and runner up dan and mint in 3rd!

I will see you guys online I'm sure and looking forward to next season with you lads! :)
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Officially : Congrats warrior on yet another championship.
    Well done also to Holland and mint for the final podium spots.

Great to see so many on the grid each week, hopefully we see you all back for season 4 starting in a few weeks.
    warrior2167 and Mister_Bond_747 like this.
  17. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    I'm best not talk about my green hell / sound glitch thick shake :( not even in the ball park of 9:11, that is just madness mint and Holland!

Congrats Warrior, another notch on the belt! :notworthy:
    Well done Holland, who knows what would have happened if you hadn't of had unannounced guests race 6??
    Well done Mint and Rotor for keeping Warrior honest all season. S4 Champion ??? TBC :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    And the rest of the boys in div 1, thanks for some great wheel to wheel action in S3. :thumbsup:
    Finally, thanks to all the mods for keeping Rooz the number 1 choice for clean, well organised racing. A very enjoyable rookie season!

Hope to see you all S4 in a very tail happy Camaro :D:D:D Go Sports Hard / Street circuits !!!
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Has anyone got the race lap times from Red Bull ring?
  19. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Refer to post Division 1 Season 3 Mister Bond listed them :)
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, missed it on first pass.