Division 1 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Whats the go with track limits tomorrow? Does it penalize you for going wide 1st corner, 2nd last corner? If not, how is this policed for qualifying @stucar17? Not loving red bull ring
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, TRACK LIMITS FOR REDBULL RING.....

As per the league rules the ripple strip is considered the edge of the track, running wide to gain an advantage could result in a penalty. If you CONSTANTLY run wide at turn 1 and the second to last corner, you will be penalized in the form of a drive through. I will be asking all drivers to respect the track limits and the rules of the league. A mistake or two can be expected, however consistent abuse would be seen as cheating ! If you pass a car after running outside the track limits you will be expected to give the place back, and fall in behind before the start of the next lap.

QUALIFYING: there is no way to police this, so it will be an honesty system to be used. With fullish grids i don't expect many gaps for drivers to try to take advantage, and TBH, would hope that people wouldn't feel the need to drive outside the rules.

I will also ask the captains to view the fastest laps to confirm track limits have been respected.

Please remind all drivers before the race in case they havent read this post. ;)

Cheers Stu
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'm unlikely to be there tonight lads. Just in from day trip to coast, no food so heading out for dinner. Need to keep her indoors happy. Will get on when I can, if not for race then S4 testing.
  4. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    replay freeze's my ps3 so I cant get lap times :( could someone please post FL's
    [​IMG]
    warrior2167 likes this.
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Mine was something like a 40.827
  6. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    Waz 1.40.160
    mister bond 1.40.302
    rotor 1.40.458
    mint 1.40.470
    faine 1.40.759
    fastboy 1.40.827
    n64 1.41.022
    stig13 1.41.129
    cyber 1.41.601

nice try fastboy just checked the replay lol
  7. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Bond was fastest with a 40.328 i think
  8. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    I wish, snatched by the Warrior :cry:
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well that was just absolutely schiße. I was happy to qualify 6th but it didn't last long. Not only did I have no HUD, the sound had gone as the screen went black, so I thought there was something awfully strange going on. Releasing the brake thinking the race was stuck, I should have looked at the the lights down the track to avoid a penalty. At least the false start meant I had time to pause and unpause to get back the HUD.

And really, that was it for another 26 laps. Driving with no sound absolutely sucks, so I suppose I did ok to nail a 41.0, considering I hadn't even got into the low 42's in practice.

I do like the track, but the stupid run offs kill it, especially in a car like this where you need to be using every inch of the road as possible.

I had some good battles with Cyber, but it really was a dull and depressing race. Worse still, I'm suffering from a gastro bug, and in the last 10 laps, I was desperate for the bathroom! I was very much like Anon last week, clenching like crazy! It seemed to make me faster, ironically enough.

Huge congrats Rotor on your first win, first of many, I'm sure!
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Who got pole?
  11. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Geez gents, you have to stop doing this to me, 2 rounds in a row where the last lap was super intense :eek:

With the likes of beau and dan not lining up on the grid for unknown reasons, I had to make the most of quali which I did by securing my first pole for the season. The first stint saw myself, Warrior and Rotor locked in tight battle together. Coming to the end of lap 7, I decided to pit early to try and avoid any overlap in the pits. But for some reason, even with a great outlap, I still found myself with a loss of 2.5 seconds :confused: The gamble of not running any extra fuel seem to have paid off though as I was able to pull in the gap to Warrior, pass and then skip away with a couple of seconds under my belt before the next stop.

Going around on my outlap in the final stint, I was getting myself set for war with warrior once he was to complete his stop. Unfortunately wasn't to be as he had to pit again due to a mishap on his 1st attempt and I found myself with a 7odd second lead back to Rotor. Now any normal person would tell you that's a winning lead, nope not me........with 3 laps to go, going into turn 2, the accelerator glitch struck again and I found myself on the slippery stuff at the exit and around she went :mad:The familiar sight of rotor passing me again from a mistake was very frustrating but I was still in striking distance so I refocused again. As we were both so hungry to taste victory for the first time this season, I new everything was going to be left out on track and what a final lap it was. So good, the winning move wasn't made until the final corner!! Oh no it wasn't me, it was that damn Rotor, in the end I was so stoked to see take his first victory in the league. Well deserved and congrats :thumbsup: About bloody time mate ;)

Although I was frustrated in letting another win slip through my fingers, for a track I really don't like I was happy to still take away a podium result :) Much like last season, I repeated what I did in round 6 so its good to see I am not learning from my mistakes :whistling: Moving onto the finale, I will be pushing to get that win and hopefully a strong finish to the season.

See you all at the green hell
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  12. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    That was me :D
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Sorry again guys that i d/c before race started i hope for better internet soon as possible i've had way too many d/c lately and it's horrible that i missed out. :( i'll hope to do S4 with great internet well done guys who did last nights race. :)
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    My gosh… What a race..

Qualifying was ok! I was fairly happy with qualifying, starting the race from P3 behind MINT and Warrior, and what a lap by MINT… Impressive lap on a full tank mate!

So the start of the race, I thought right it’s all going to happen just get a good start and cling to the back of Warrior and it’s on… I knew I had decent speed here, for some reason it works well with me and my driving style.. The first few laps on this race was extremely intense, swapping positions number of times, with me fighting MINT for Warrior’s slip stream at one point (I was thinking NO my slip stream, I could tell MINT was thinking the same thing as we were rubbing door handles… hahah) the first stint was extremely fun and super close with splitting hairs for us.. Then the mind games started, MINT pitted on L7 I knew what he was up to do, trying the undercut in fresh air.. I stayed out with Warrior and followed him into the pits the next lap about .9 tenths down here I don’t know what happened… somehow I got stiffed on the pit stop and ended up about 4.7 seconds down on Warrior coming out of the pits… I was a little annoyed at the inconsistency of GT6 and the pit stops… Here I just had to do damage control and try and close the gap, at the end of the second stint I got the gap down to Warrior to 2.5 seconds going in for the second set of pit stops.. I was thinking right, final stint it’s all or nothing! As I came around the corner I see Warriors car reset… I was thinking OHHHH NOOOOO, his gone in too hot and got a drive through for exceeding the speed limit into the pits! :p

The last stint, here I came out 7 seconds behind MINT…. I was pushing hard however only to match MINT on speed… I thought dammm it its slipped away from me… The rest of this stint was like this, until lap 24… I came around the corner of T3 and here is MINT turning around from a SPIN…. OMG… I was thinking OK, I have to win this one.. After poor Warriors mistake and now MINT’s they are handing me this win… Yet did I know MINT had built up enough speed from his spin to get into my slip stream… I couldn’t shake him… I started putting pressure on myself, I need this win, I want this win! However on Lap 25 I made a mistake coming on the last corner… MINT retook the lead, I thought to myself NO not going to happen! I stayed with MINT waiting like a hawk ready to swoop on any mistakes… It came to the last lap, I needed to push if I wanted this win all or nothing! Coming down the hill I got a better exit out of T7/T8, closing in on him I faked an inside move which made him cover it, however yet he didn’t know I wanted the outside to T9 so I could get a better run down to the last corner and the inside.. It worked! He covered it and he lost speed I had the run into the last corner on the inside!! OMG… I couldn’t believe it worked!!!! I swear when I took the spot I could hear MINT yelling from his cockpit in QLD swearing and shaking his head…

Again, thanks guys for the racing, Warrior and MINT you guys are awesome to have wheel to wheel racing with, very fair and fast! I feel for you boys but again this is ‘motor racing’ so I will take the win with pride :D

Worthy mention for Mister Bond again, you have improved tenfold this season and should be given the most improved, great drive for a 3rd :)

Now we move on the green track from hell which I am more than sure this one will be MINT's win :)
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  16. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Hey guys, congratulations to the winners. I had some unexpected guests. Cya's all next week!
  17. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    I think most of us just breathing a sigh of relief that you've got a bad connection mate.:sneaky: Don't sweat it. I know it sucks after doing so much practice.
    All I can say is, and many of the other guys here will agree, you need a non telstra modem. I've now had 2 good races without connection issues, incompatibility issues, like not being able to see half the guys on the track :rolleyes: and no lag spikes (hopefully). Thanks TP-Link :D
    Then all you have to do is bribe your brothers or something so that you can use the internet all to yourself for an hour sunday nights.

Godspeed
  18. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Congrats to you Rotor, no mistakes, you really deserved that. And also well done to Mint and Mister Bond.

I got to within half a 10th on mint's fantastic pole time, to start 2nd was still ok. During the race I didn't think anyone would be able to brake away here with the long straights and virtually no tyre wear, but I was almost wrong though and was almost caught out on the 1st lap, but I quickly got into a rhythm and was back on Mint's tail.

My strategy was to play it safe and to react to anyones strategy, so I came straight in a lap after Mint. My pit in was brilliant and add to that, the ai pitting into my box was very quick. So as a result I came out 2 seconds infront of Mint and 4 ahead of Rotor. Then for some reason I just had no speed in the 2nd stint, Mint quickly was back on my tail and then back in the lead. I just couldn't hold onto his car and he went off into the distance.

When mint came in again, I was 2 seconds back, so I really had to nail the in and out laps, I took a big risk on pit entry that backfired, my car stopped instantly and then proceeded to drive through the pits without stopping at my box. I was kicking myself, and that was my race done. From there I tried to get the bonus point for fastest lap and was able to do so. Going into the last 3 laps I knew Mint had a confortable gap untill I see the position changes on the screen and then change again and again. Congrats again Rotor.
  19. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    My internet modem is new it's not modem problem more like a cable connection.
    My brothers wouldn't do that for me too hard for them. :(
    Thanks though @Mister_Bond_747 for your advice :)
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.