Division 1 Season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 2, 2015.

1. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    If you decided to wait only 5 minutes after my earliest prediction, why didn't someone write that in this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered rushing home. It's just simple common sense. My appologies for my outbursts, but you know, I was pissed, what can I say.
  2. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I'm still working on internet problems
    I say wait till next season before putting me in a team cheers
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I think that gives @warrior2167 his 11th title in succession, since that points gap cannot be overtaken even with a drop round. Well done mate.
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Cheers guys, It was another classic battle that went down to the final lap between myself and Mint on Sunday.

2nd place was a nice place to start the race from, less than a tenth behind TRL_Beau. My strategy for the race was to not stop and conserve the tyres for the first 15 laps.

In the opening laps, I could see the TRL_Beau's lag was much worse in the race compared to when I was following in qualifying, so I made sure I didn't get too close. Also some positional swaps for 3rd place gave me some breathing room, so I could ease into the race, ever helping me conserve those tyres.

By lap 5, TRL_Beau's modem couldn't take any more and tapped out, so I was now in the lead and now being caught by Mint, Beau and Mustafur. I had to lift my pace and was now targeting a 27.3 laptime.

On lap 10, Mint has a great exit off the final corner and has position on me into 1, I don't fight to hard and slot into 2nd with a comfortable gap back to Beau. Another 5 laps tick by and I'm trailing Mint by 1.5 second, but it was now time to go.

At first I start to overdrive the car and I'm not making any time, but I settle down and the gap begins to close. I catch up to Mint by lap 22, but even though I saved effectively about 1.5 laps on tyres the difference still isn't great enough to get an easy pass.

The laps remaining keep ticking down, Mint is still getting fantastic exits and I just get close enough into the braking zones. Finally though I see my chance on lap 27 when Mint outbrakes himself into the corkscrew, only barely keeping it on the track, this allows me to draw up to the b-pillar side positioning me on the inside for Rainey curve. I'm not able to hold the speed on the inside line, so Mint has the position for the next right and I have to slot back into 2nd.

Still no way past on laps 28 and 29, so It comes down to the last lap. Mint gets a little sideways accelerating off the final corner which give me a run into to turn 1. I go for it, but carry too much speed on the narrower line and miss the apex, there's some small right rear to left front contact so I don't try to complete the pass and wait for Mint to get back ahead.

I though I missed my chance there, but I get a great exit out of the turn 4 left and I'm getting into position to have another crack into the turn 5 right. I just didn't close have to have a clean pass so I braked at my normal marker and then I see Mint has gone way past that and opened up a massive hole allowing me to take the inside into the lead and then hold it for the rest of the lap to conclude another classic race.
    MINT_GTR, KeedenMcdonald and Mustafur like this.
  6. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    I didn't have much of a story for my race sunday as i only did 5 laps
    But anyway my plan was push for the start save tyres at the end as i had more pace with newer tyres but i didn't push too hard i tryed keeping my tyres safe so i end up changing my wheel settings to 1080 degrees on saving tyres i notice i was losing warrior and i wasn't pushing then thought he going to plan something for me at the end but i never made it to the end :(
    Getting pole was lucky i must guess i was pushing too hard and kept making mistakes but happy with the lap
    Anyway because i gotta buy my internet modem i gotta wait a few weeks as i gotta buy tyres for my car and don't have the money at this point, i'll hopefully buy 1 in 5 weeks
    warrior2167 and Footlong_warrior like this.
  7. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Hey, what's the ruling on the chicane section of Monaco? Anything goes, at least 2 wheels touching some part of the rumble strip, or all 4 wheels to the left or touching the rumble strip at minimum?
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Will get back to you on that mate.
    MetalGear9493 likes this.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    From what i am know the rule has been two wheels on the ripple strip.
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    2 wheels on the rumble strip is the rule, and i can't see anyone managing to breach this.... from what i'm seeing at least. To me if you do go all 4 wheels off to the right of the rumble strip, then you have probably out broke yourself and are heading for the wall in the middle. Can't really see how in any shape or form the 4 wheels over the rumble strip line is going to be faster.
    That could just be me though... But rule states you cannot go 4 wheels over rumble strip, so can only imagine that's still applied.
  11. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Personally for me, I'm driving so my right side tyres aren't going over the back of the kerb.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm so out of control with this car I never take the same line twice through there
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Most likely wont make Monaco. A death in the family will have me traveling interstate most likely tomorrow.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry to hear that TB, my condolences to you and your family.
  15. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Hey guy's, ill be getting @N64TheStig007 to host tomorrow. After a incident in the area last week, even though my speeds seem to be normal, my net has been under par when it comes to racing. A few DSC's at Laguna and me being crazy laggy in a practice lobby mean's that its probably for the best i don't host. Good luck tomorrow everyone, lets hope for one final epic race!
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

@emmo46 i'm by no means complaining but aren't the laps for tonight miles off? Enduro's are typically 90min? Even at 1:40 pace that would suggest 54 laps. 42 will be done in well under an hour 10.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah this is a much shorter enduro then we have had before.
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Yeah i've done a full race run today and its basically an hour 10 bang on, but far too late to change it now. But you can even do the race with no fuel top up :(
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had nothing to do with track or race lengths choices.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That's another season done and dusted. Well done Dan on the win and warrior on your championship.

Pole: Dan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]