Division 1 Season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 2, 2015.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Pole position: Nicko. CAGM DNF'd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big wraps to the top 4, who were in Division -1 tonight!
    Commiserations to Beau, I know you are feeling like absolute crap right now, but hold your head up high mate.
    warrior2167 and emmo46 like this.
  2. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Nope because my mum expects me to buy it but no way im buying it for everyone to use
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you have got to be kidding...when is your birthday? early xmas present? Just get it! then when you leave home...take it with you!
    also it would be yours...so set it up to block everyone come race nights!!!
    Footlong_warrior and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    How do you expect to race then with a POS failstra modem? I bought my Netgear one with my own cash and have never looked back.. Not just that, everyone will get a more enjoyable experience, most reliable modems pn the market IMO.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    HOT TIP: put a password on it
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Perhaps I should have spent more time practising instead of playing old PS2 games. That was one of the very few times I've had a race at the Nordschleife and not enjoyed it. The combination was quite dire for consistency and I really struggled tonight.

In qualifying I had a quite a few wheel issues with it not connecting properly, and for some odd reason I had much less force feedback than usual. I quit to the driving options menu to double check the settings but they were still on max...

Nevertheless, I managed to pull a fantastic lap out of nowhere to take 3rd on the grid, my best qualifying effort since Season 13 at Rome. However it was all downhill from there as I immediately gave way to Dan. The car nearly front flipped at the Flugplatz, and that set the tone for the rest of the race.

With a spin, warrior and Mint flew past, but Mint returned the favour at Bergwerk. I spun into the gravel trap about 2/3 of the way around the circuit, and Mint passed me again. On lap 2 Mint made a mistake out of the Flugplatz and I was up into 5th once again.

The race was frustrating as while I could match the front running pace, I kept making critical errors, one being going straight on at a corner as if the steering had broken. I even fell down to 6th behind Pringles at one stage as I was making so many damn errors.

Well done to Nicko on the great win, I must say while my race was tedious, the main entertainment for me was watching the leaderboard! I feel bad for you Beau, what you're going through now is surely much, much worse than what I experienced last week. Unbelievable performance mate.

I don't particularly enjoy Laguna Seca in GT, but I do with this car! Definitely looking forward to get back to some good results there, and finally before the big enduro at Monaco.

Cheers, Jono.
    warrior2167 and AUSnicko9 like this.
  7. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Im going to use her phone because she is getting 15GB of data a month so ill use her phone on sundays was my plan but i don't know how much she actually let me use it
  8. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Another fantastic race tonight guys! I'll attempt to put those thrilling 6 laps into a race recap. I agree with Warrior, we definitely need an edit for that one Beau. :)

Managed to grab pole position with a 6:50. From there I got a fairly good start and just focused on keeping the car on the track and didn't take any chances. Managed to build up a lead of around 1 sec to Beau in 2nd, with Dan right on his tail in 3rd. After the end of the first lap Dan was into 2nd and quickly caught up behind me. Dan made a slight error mid way through the 2nd lap and this pushed my gap up to around 3 secs. He quickly worked it down again by next lap, unfortunately running wide again. This left me with a 7 sec gap to the trio of Beau, Dan and Warrior which gave me a little breathing room.

Everyone then pitted lap 3 but I didn't, initially I thought you could go whole race distance on a set of tyres, guess I should've done a full race prac, oops. :oops: Soon after the gap was decreasing close to a second each sector so I realised I better pit. Lap 4 I did, exiting pitlane directly beside Beau. Tried to hold a grippy line round the outside which worked surprisingly well, albeit giving Beau a slight tap on the exit, giving me an unfair advantage. Yielded the position back and to start lap 5 there was Beau, me, Warrior and Dan all in with a shot at the win. For the remainder of lap 5 our positions were unchanged, I was just trying to apply as much pressure to Beau as possible.

Start of the 6th lap and I got a little out of shape coming onto the straight before Flugplatz, running wide, allowing Warrior to take a faster run around the outside of me, pushing me back to 3rd. Coming into Klostertal Beau ran off, he instantly got back on track and defended, however running wide and taking Warrior with him, allowing me with the fresher tyres to get a good run on the inside of the two of them jumping into 1st on the run up to the Karussell. I made a mistake here getting too wide, Warrior was right up behind me again and applying the pressure. He dropped a wheel on the sand coming out of the corner before the 5 min split giving me a 1 sec or so buffer... all I had to do was get the car to the finish line, which I did and took a very narrow win over Beau and Warrior.

Truly an amazing race, plenty of action on each and every lap. Beau, you should be proud of your efforts last night, brilliant driving, I'm sure you will be a strong force in the final 2 races. :thumbsup:

Cheers guys.
    warrior2167, skywalker and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Decided to stop being an unhappy bugger and look on the bright side, new PB finish in Div1!!! :thumbsup:
    Qualifying went well for me and narrowly missed pole by half a second, but an equal PB qualifying effort for me on a circuit i love!
    Good start and was able to slot in 2nd behind Nick and from there it was all pressure from dan behind! Dan in the slipstream down the Dottinger Hohe got past as he squeezed me against the grass which was great, clean racing! Before that tight left kink i had to back out, letting Dan by. Eventually Dan was able to escape and warrior began to close in, until all of a sudden Dan made an error before the long back straight section and warrior who had recently found a way past me got past Dan too, and i knew i had to go with Warrior.
    A scary move around the outside didn't pay off as i nearly ruined my race, but soon warrior fell off and helped me grab 3rd. On lap 3 dan had been reeled in and soon spun off and collected warrior behind, meaning i was able to get 2nd! I then pitted on the 3rd lap and was suprised to see Nick stay out. I slowly closed the gap and when nick pitted after the 4th lap, we came out of the pits side by side and nick slightly tagged my car, upsetting its balance and put me in a big tank slapper! Nick gave the spot back, great sportsmanship there mate, and from there it was all aboard the Bobo train!
    I did my best to escape the battling trio behind but my car kept minding awkward places to bounce, nearly putting me off the circuit a number of times :(
    As i lead onto the Dottinger for the penultimate time, the 3 cars behind were all in a single draft train and were following each other very closely to close on the 1 second buffer i had pulled over the lap!
    I held on until on the back straight the curved 5th gear right-hander caught me as i took too much Kerb, and the race was gone. Apologies to warrior as i lost control of my car and brang him wide for the next corner with me, i gave the spot to Warrior back courtesy of a big slide getting back up to speed. A moment for Warrior in the 3rd gear left hander 5mins into the lap set me back up for 2nd but the win had already gone as nick used the fresher tyres to full effect in the dying moments. :cry:
    I then ran a little wide onto the mini Karrusel and gave warrior a chance around the outside leading onto the straight for the final time, but unfortunately ran a little wide and gave Dan a chance at me for 2nd. For the 2nd time in the race me and Dan went down the straight head to head, and this time i gave Dan the bumpy inside and as i had predicted the car bounced and Dan was off, letting me take home 2nd, and a PB for Div1. Still disappointed i couldn't stay on the black stuff and put myself in a better spot to challenge nick, but well done to you, pole and leading nearly every lap, certainly showed the best man won today. :thumbsup:
    Down, but not out! #NeverBackDown
    -Bobo
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Congrats on the win nick, well deserved and well done Beau, you've been improving every season and I'm sure a win would be right around the corner.

Coming into the race I knew qualifying would be important and I did have a great lap going until I reached the stefan bellof S where I hit a bump at the wrong angle and speed sending my car hard into the barrier. I limped to back to the finish and started the race from 6th.

The start went well and I slotted into 6th behind Mint. The race was going to be a tough test and I had to stay patient while trying to make my way back to the pointy end. Still fighting with his wheel issues I asume, Jono was the first of the front runners to fall off the road. Soon after Mint outbraked himself into Bergwerk, just before the long run up the hill. This now put me in 4th trailing nicko by 3.5 seconds.

Towards the end of lap 1 I began to catch the Beau and Dan battle. Thanks to a bit of slipstream Dan was able to jump Beau into 2nd. Beau's definately driving well and it only took a small error and miss the correct line out of exmuhle allowing me to get the better exit, the very next corner I see Dan had a mistake and I'm now up to 2nd. However a couple of errors from me soon after let Dan and Beau back past.

The thrilling continued on lap 3, Dan had a massive lose right infront of me, trying to avoid as best I could Beau once again got past. Despite the craziness from the 3 of us, nick was ony 8 seconds ahead. Being right behind Beau at the stop wasn't ideal and I had lost some time there. Surprisingly nick didn't stop and with a 36 second lead, he may not have but I was quickly taking big chuncks of time from that lead and he eventually stopped on lap 4.

Start of lap 5 I see that Beau and Nick have a moment which allows me to close up, so there's now 3 of us nose to tail with Dan still chasing hard about 3 seconds back. With Dans speed he does catch up and there's now 4 of fighting for the win going into the final lap.

Shortly onto the 6th lap, nick runs wide onto the grass giving me the momentum to drive around the outside and into 2nd. With 15km to go there's no let up and all 4 of us are pushing as hard as we can. Driving on the edge for so long, some mistakes will pop up and Beau has a moment at the fast right kink before the carousel. I see my opening and go for the outside, but with dirt on his tyres Beau slides away from the ideal line and leaves the door open for nick to take both of us. With the better traction I was able to complete the move on Beau, then at the carousel, I couldn't believe it that nick had out braked himself and miss the banking but I just wasn't close enough to get under him.

Having 1 lap fresher tyres, I really had to push hard now to stay in touch, but it was too much and I ran wide letting Beau back past. With 1st now out of reach, 2nd was still on and I had a run on Beau on the outside going into the galgenkopf, but I'm immediately regretting that move and I try and back of it, and only just hang on to the track with Dan moving into 3rd. Driving down the dottinger hohe, I feel somewhat in disbelief that I'm in forth having been so close to the lead, A mistake from Dan at the end of the straight sees me jump on the podium of one of the best Sunday League race I've had.
  12. KeedenMcdonald

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Sorry for not turning up guys becasue i haven't done it for long time i forgot about it and i went to the movies to see ted 2 lol
    I'll be happy to race this weekend if i don't forget again and if i could get that good conection for the 1 night again :)
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Just a heads up guys that my internet has taken a huge hit after an incident in our area, and if it isn't fixed by Sunday, i wont be able to host with the speeds i'm currently at, and as it stands, our backup, Jono is in a similar position, if not worse where he is unable to access the net full stop. :cry:

Edit: Scratch that, my net has come back up to speed. Only took the providers 2 days... :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Over the last two races a number of incidents have led to protests being lodged, some of the incidences relate to cars spinning out and either coming back onto the track out of control or stopping mid track. In these instances it has been suggested that if you are in a situation where your error,(forced or otherwise) results in your car blocking the racing line or being in a position where it is unavoidable and a car is approaching, it would be prudent to press the pause button to ghost your car until the danger is passed.
    t_b_williams, Alfa5252 and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Hey, I won't be able to make the room in time, I will only be available at 8:30-8:45, If you guys wanna qualify first and wait till that time to start, i'll jump on the rear of the grid.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I might be able to turn up, but i have had zero practise this week, ill be practising hard for the monaco enduro though.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

We're waiting for Dan end of story!!
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Dans #1 fan right here it would seem :laugh:
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    only has the teams championship in mind... nothing more!!! lol
    Beau_Albert and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Sneaky bugger.... ;)