Division 1 Season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 2, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Beau :thumbsup:
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Good stuff last night, cleanest sprint round for me yet, but wasn't without its troubles for others of course :(

Qualifying was expecting to struggle a little, but a 16:2 was just enough to squeeze onto the 3rd row. If i was to move forward in this race, i needed to nail those lights.... as the lights came on, the revs rose...... the pressure going up even faster.... and..... i jump started.... :mad:
    Didn't hurt too bad and i was able to lose just a single position into T1 and from there, it was let them fall! Matt with his unfortunate grip loss was less going backward and was easy pickings, and soon some kind of crash occurred and i was able to move into 4th. A bit of scrapping with Dan and Jono, but ultimately 4th. :laugh:
    Race 2 and the red lights were a lot more friendly to me and i could hold position. A lot of ghosting happened from everyone and a few corners later i was in 5th, but for the 2nd season in succession, Fastboy had other plans, however this time it was my opportunistic move putting me into the barrier :confused:
    Eventually able to recover and lose just 2 spots, i could fight and hunt down the 4th position once more behind Razor, but in my attempts to catch i lost my braking marker and went to the grass, allowing Warrior past me...... of all the people that was not who i wanted to make life easy on :p I could eventually catch and pass Razor and steal the 4th spot away for the 100th time and finish 4th overall in the round. Wd Warrior, Jono and Dan on the podium. :thumbsup:
    Next up is the Nordschelife, not saying im looking forward to it, but.... :whistling:
    warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I have to say I was pretty lucky to walk away with the round win. I just didn't have the right balance on corner entry and I was having so much entry oversteer. I could get away with it on new tyres but I had no pace when they were worn. Congrats Jono on the Div B win and overall 2nd result, fantastic stuff. Commiserations to Dan, you had incredible speed and that lap traffic situation cost you big time.

I don't know why we had to race with penalties on , so can we got back to them off next week?.

With the Nordschleife next, I know I'll really need to work harder on my technique to achieve a podium result and I'm hoping we can also get the numbers back up to at least 12 next time, see you guys there.
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Jono told me pre-race that he had a request from Ad2mny to have them on due to the chicane in Sector 1, trust me i argued the point to Jono but Ad's a mod so went with his call. Next week they shall be off. Penalties caused more issues than good
    warrior2167 likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I agree. We're all competent enough to race without penalties IMO.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What a difference a week makes!

My pace was surprisingly up there on alien pace, so I was rather confident of a strong result. I wasn't fatigued despite already doing a flat out stint at 6am for the GTP 4 Hours of Monza with @seth123, which we still don't know what the results are of.

Qualifying was very solid, I exceeded my goal of 5th with 3rd on the grid until Nicko snatched it away at the last moment.

The start of race 1 was fantastic, but I broke too late into turn 1 and Nicko slipped back up the inside. It was clear it was a 4 horse race with Dan leading Warrior. Nicko got out of shape and I slipped past into 3rd place. Then, for some reason Dan was going very slowly before the final turn. Fastboy was stuck in the middle of the road and I hit him, forcing me onto the grass. Pitched to the outside, I narrowly avoided Dan but the outside grass put me into an epic slide, which I somehow held. In an unprecedented position, knowing I couldn't match Warrior on pace, I just focused on holding the rampaging Dan off.

I was out on my feet trying to hold position for what seemed like an eternity. Dan made a move up the inside into turn 1, but I somehow held it around the outside! Dan made a big effort on the final lap, he had the speed as we crossed the line, but I just held on for 2nd. It definitely was one of my favourite fights, holding off the fastest driver in Aus. I was so disappointed I didn't save the replay, even after I downloaded Beau's it still didn't work unfortunately.

Pumped after that race, I hoped to finish ahead of Warrior and perhaps snatch a hugely unlikely win. The start was good once again but I was unable to make up ground. Nicko and Pringles got all out of shape before the hill climb, and I was able to squeeze inbetween both of them before the tunnel, up into 6th place. Beau had a poor exit out of the final corner so I moved up to 5th, 4 positions on one lap! 200m up the road, fastboy broke far too late and I was up to 4th.

I was following Dan as we made inroads on tb and Razor. Dan was able to pass TB into the penultimate corner after TB ghosted, hence why we run without penalties. TB went wide and all of a sudden I was in 3rd, with Warrior still back in 7th! Things couldn't be going any better! After warrior made a double overtake on Pringles and TB, I knew I had to start pushing while Dan was behind Razor. 2 laps later, I had caught up to the back of the leading pair, and as they were squabbling, I made my move. With all 3 cars side by side in the air, my inside line gave me an unlikely lead. Razor's shortcut penalty meant Dan was able to pass with ease, and now it was a deja vu of Race 1.

With my first win in sight, my defending became fierce. Dan was drving as if he had a different physics engine in GT6, the pace difference was astounding. I held him off for 4 laps, until a better exit up the hill and my failure to shut the door gave him 1st. I was gutted. With no chance of victory now, I focused on keeping Warrior behind but I suspected he wouldn't be pushing hard as the round win was guaranteed. I crossed the line in a still amazing 2nd, but it wasn't until I did the maths and realised even if I won, Warrior would have won the round that my disappointment subsided.

This was my best result in 2 years in Div 1, equalling my 2nd place in Season 12 at Monaco. After 3 shocking seasons, to get a podium on merit and to be 3rd in the overall standings, I couldn't be happier! Well done to warrior on the win, 11 straight looks well and truly on the cards now, and to Dan, thanks for giving me severe heart palpataions and sky rocketing blood pressure, those were 2 supreme battles!

Next round is the Nordschleife, a round which for a variety of reasons, I want to come close to repeating this result. I cannot wait!

Cheers, Jono.
  7. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    @stucar17 Is it okay if i race this sunday?
    I think i could make the race this sunday but not to change anything dont worry about giving me points or anything like that just wanna do it for the fun this be my only race for the season as i still have crap internet
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Its ok by me, so long as your connection isnt creating issues for the other regular drivers.

Anyone have any issues with this.......
  9. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Kind of..... i've raced with other bobo many times just for laughs and has sent my car to jupiter at Turn 1 many times. I'm not saying he can't race, but is it possible TRL_Beau could join me in a room before the race so we can see how your connection goes?
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I've sent Stu to Saturn before!
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    LOL, Still trying to find my way back......i still have half of my car on the wall at Motegi by the way !!

@TRL_beau , i think you will need to see what you connection is like before qual and if there are any issue you will need to sit out as i said above.
    KeedenMcdonald and JonoStan96 like this.
  12. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Im useing a different connection for 1 night i should fast internet speed for race
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, confirm the connection then and if its solid then no probs
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Please tell me you've finally chucked out that awful Bigpond modem...
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Remember you must update to version 1.20 before the race.
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Won't make tonights race guys. Under the weather atm. dissapointed cause I'm a fan of the green hell.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Where are we all Division 1? At this rate 7 drivers isn't a great grid.... :cry:
  19. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Oh, did weave a small grid because I didn't notice. :) Please tell me you saved that reply Beau, I think that race needs a video edit.
    AUSnicko9 and Beau_Albert like this.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    [​IMG]
    This is how i'm feeling right now.... hoping a few understand the picture. Absolutley gutted and have no one but myself to blame. Utterly, gutted.