Division 1 Season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 2, 2015.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I have all of you on my list so we shall run with a friend's only setting. I'll endavour to have the room up by 19:45.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

And i will endeavour to get there before qually starts
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    YAY :D
    Going to be able to race tonight afterwards!! But as i could get a callup at any moment to get back into the car, it will still be Jono hosting :)
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Pole: MINT
    FL: Dan
    [​IMG]

Well done Warrior, peerless once again.

Please comment on the quality of the room, and if we should stick with myself or Beau as host. Room ran flawlessly from my view tonight.

Any problems, please contact a mod or room captains.

Cheers, Jono.
    MINT_GTR and warrior2167 like this.
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks Jono, I'll just add the results with the race time.
    [​IMG]
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    @N64TheStig007 if you really want to host you can, no need for a vote! Both our net seems fine :p
    Well done Warrior! Good to see a pro at the top of there game having to work for it! Mint certainly pushed you all the way! well done to you both! Dan congrats on the FL, maybe you could give out some pointers :p

Came in with no real expectations so to equal my PB Div1 result is very satisfying, however i know it was due to some very easy to make mistakes from my rivals Mustafur and Jono, so i'll take it as it may not come again!
    Hate midfield so this next race could be a disaster for me! Have to say great racing too from Pringles and Jono, both made life incredibly hard, and if thats how the season will be, then im pumped! Jono finding his form again is certainly great to see, and Pringles always willing to pounce if a single error is made! Bring it on :D
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done guys.
    @warrior2167 you are a machine...congrats, great to see Mint pushing you hard and @holl01 pleased to see you back on track on the podium.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi Jono...sorry i forgot to get this to you earlier....Quoted from the "rules and Regs" thread....

(ix) If you are being lapped do not attempt to race the passing car. Blue flag rules apply. Meaning you must concede track position to drivers on the lead lap within a reasonable time frame. If you are battling for position with another driver some concession can be made, but at your next available opportunity (such as before the braking zone on a straight), you should concede track position. A rule of thumb for a reasonable time frame is within four corners, unless you can pull away (out of slip stream range) during this time due to fresher tyres for example.

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

Stu
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Awesome, surprised I missed it lol
  10. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    After not being able to really be apart of Season 5 due to health reasons, I was stoked to be back for the start of Season 6 and in true ROOZ fashion, it didn't disappoint :)

I really wasn't expecting much due to my total practice being a handful of warm up laps before race start but what I quickly realised was this was one tricky track/car combo. I was absolutely stoked to place the car on pole as this track would prove to be a very difficult place to pass. The start went to plan and within a few laps it was clear that this was going to be an intense race between myself and Warrior. We were both pushing all the way to the round of pitstops where my plan before the race was to just match everyone else but obviously that failed as I was leading :whistling: Lap 15 had to be the pit in lap as I tried to cover Warrior who pitted the lap before but unfortunately the undercut was too strong and the lead was lost. With a gap of 2.5seconds to make up, I pushed as hard as I could with no gains made till after lap 20 where I started making some inroads. On lap 23, I witnessed an almighty save by Warrior going into the GP entrance sweeper and then it was on like donkey kong!! The next 6 laps was just awesome, filled with Minty love taps and not much more than a couple of tenths between us :thumbsup: Unfortunately I couldn't make a pass and had to settle for 2nd but really pleased to kick off the season with a great result and a new addition to my highlights reel.

Congrats Warrior on the win, always a pleasure to race wheel to wheel with you :thumbsup: Solid effort from Dan as well, with fastest lap and was always there to clean up if one of us went bush bashing :)

Looks like once again, a cracker season to follow in both div 1a and 1b. See you all at Midfield :thumbsup:
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Hey guys, great race, I know I may have lagged a little, will try to have the problem fully resolved shortly, I'm on it.

Like MINT, the only practice laps I did were about 3 warm up laps before qually, so to start in 4th wasn't too bad, start went well enough, few skirmishes, rubbing of paint, came out of it comfortably in 3rd after the first handful of laps, then it was just about trying to latch onto the front 2, whenever i would make some progress I would take a step back with a mistimed corner, probably a similar story for them too, the track is a pretty demanding one with many blindish exits, I never really bridged this nagging 2-3 second gap for the entirety of the race. I also lost a stack of time right when warrior pitted, I made a quick decision to pit also, but was carrying too much speed and aborted at the last minute and pitted (as I originally planned) the following lap, lost about 3 secs.
    SuiCid3, JonoStan96, MINT_GTR and 2 others like this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm quite happy with 5th which is my best result since the wet race in the Pozzi, it's great to be fighting for solid points again.

I was weary of not nailing a qualifying lap, it's so hard to pass here, and spinning into the gravel on my first lap was not a good start. But Mint's fastest at the time was only a 26.9, I thought I could challenge the front row. Eventually I got a 27.1 which wasn't good enough, but 5th place was still a very good position.

The start was good, nearly left the door open for CAGM but I held firm. I pulled off a great move on Dan into turn 4 (Surtees) for 4th which became 3rd has Mustafur slid out. But I fell back down as I had to avoid Mus, and Dan was able to capitalise. To my surprise, the top 3 weren't romping away, in fact I was well and truly keeping up while we left Beau and the others well behind. Unfortunately, mistakes of old came back to haunt me as I made a shocking error into Dingle Bell and was in the wall, dropping from 4th to 7th. But, I wasn't going to throw in the towel, I thought I could still fight back to at least 4th.

CAGM was the first target, and despite a comedy of mishaps on the recovery lap, I caught him after he went wide at Westfield Bend. He made his LFA extremely wide, but I forced my way past into Paddock Hill bend. Pringles was up next, and I was reeling him in lap by lap. I couldn't catch him by the pit stops, but on lap 15 I came in for my stop, and lost a bit of time while Beau and Dan were being serviced. Rejoining the track, I'd gained about 2 seconds on Pringles as tb was fighting with him. I sensed the opportunity at Druids to take both of them, but I out-broke myself and could only pass tb.

The next few laps were frustrating as I couldn't find a way past Pringles, who was putting up a great fight. I knew the only way to get past was to pressure him into a mistake, which was exactly what happened when he broke too late into Paddock Hill on lap 18. Beau had used this time to pull out a gap. Giving it everything, I set a PB of 1:26.9 as I was closing the gap rapidly. Sadly, my throttle pedal was spiking, and on lap 28 it jammed open under braking for Surtees, ending my chances.

Whilst I was frustrated at the race end as my speed on paper would have been good enough for 3rd discounting my excursions, 5th was exactly the kind of confidence boost I needed after a dismal season last time out. I'll gladly take 5th's from here on in once Bond, Alfa and Nicko return. Great stuff up front, I would have liked to have had a rare battle with Warrior, Mint and Dan but fate had other plans. Can't wait for Mid Field.

Cheers, Jono.
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Cheers guys. That was a tough race, well done Mint and Dan for pushing me all the way. Div 1b was also an intense race, well done Jono and Pringles for another great battle.

With track position so key here I was happy to start in 2nd for the race as I just couldn't put together the lap in the quali session. My start wasn't the best which allowed Mustafur to pull along side, but I was ultimately able to hold my position on the ouside at turn 1.

My focus then turned to Mint and what followed was some of the most intense racing I've had yet. Mint would build .5 gap and then I'd close it back up. I was pushing so hard on such a narrow track just trying to stay in touch. By lap 13, Mint was able to build the gap to over a second, so I knew that I would have to pit shortly to have a shot at the win.

I came in on lap 14 and came out behind Mustafur. Every tenth was critical and I thought I lost the advantage of the undercut, but as I was overtaking Mustafur into turn 1, I also was now ahead of Mint. While he was trying to find a way past Mustafur, my lead had extended to 2.5 seconds.

Now with the fresher tyres, Mint was chipping away at the gap, but I still thought I could hang on till the finish until lap 23 when I touch the grass in the braking zone into turn 4, somehow I managed to save it and I still don't know how. With that mistake, Mint was now all over my bumper and there was still 7 laps to go. The only thing I could do was focus on my exits and count down the remaining laps. Maybe more like willing the laps to go down. Mint was applying all sorts of pressure, all the way up to the end and when the finish finally came I was extatic that I was able to hang on for the victory of such a tough race.

I'm hoping the next race will be easier at midfield but I somehow doubt that.
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well that was a shocker...... Had found some pace in the hour or so before race start with my PB on a full tank dropping from a 28.2 to a 27.3. Unfortunately this pace wasn't accompanied by consistency....... I managed to place her 7th on the grid which I was happy with after setting a decent (by my standards) 27.6 was able to make a position up off the line and into turn 1. Sat in 6th or 7th for the 1st few laps then after my 1st off around lap 7 or so I just kept pushing it to hard in an attempt to make up some ground and spin after spin happened and by lap 13 I had already been lapped. The final 17 laps were much of the same although now just a lot more lonely with my closest competitor 40s up the road.

As I expected pre season I came dead last by a significant margin.
    MetalGear9493 and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well you obviously had pace. Just have to find the consistency to run at that pace. I guess this is what they call a baptism of fire?
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Hard work and practise will get you results.
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    What kind of pace should we be at for Tommorow? I'm floating around high 10's to low 11's 90% of the time and it isn't feeling all that quick.....
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Need to be in the low 09's mate ;)
  20. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    My best laps done after 1/4 tank depleted are high 09.6's. 4/6 bb, 4/4 feedback
    Beau_Albert likes this.