Division 1 Season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 2, 2015.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    And I was only pulling Beau's leg, bloody hell...
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  2. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    wanna create a prac room now?
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I'm done for the night mate, I'm going to watch the GTP Spa 6 hours.
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

I'm going to save myself the embarrassment and withdraw from tonights race. Have to keep working on a major project and i'd simply be a moving chicane for the front runners if I were to show as haven't been able to put in the amount of practice I would have liked.
    seth123 and Beau_Albert like this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Jez cagm why you giving up so early in the season..
  6. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Don't worry my spot has your name on it for next season :)
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    FL/Pole: Dan Holland.
    No DSC's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What a disaster that was. Well done to warrior once again. Let's hope for a return to normalities next week.
    AUSnicko9, emmo46 and warrior2167 like this.
  8. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Wd warrior for claiming the win, after a brain fade at the death of qually, I felt pretty stupid and then had the no HUD malfunction, in my effort to explain myself quicker I pluggued in the keyboard, meaning I had to disconnect my head set, and ofcourse I failed to reconnect the headset stupidly when the race started for the second time, I tried a few times to find it mid race causing some really bad failure's and off track excursions. Really sorry for the drama I caused, seemed to really spiral downhill for myself after the qually incident, my appologies to all.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    What a night of highs and lows! :coffee:
    Qualifying was ok for me in terms of lap-time, but it put me all the way back in 7th. However as the lights went away i timed it to perfection for my best ever start in a ROOZ race! Only for the race to be restarted :cry:
    Second time around it was quite the opposite start and i fell backwards off the line and after being involved in the lap 1 carnage including being divebombed :mad: i was able to sort myself into a rythem and hunt down Razor.
    Took me many laps to finally hook onto the back of Razor and once i got there, i wasn't exactly finding an easy way past! Eventually after many unsuccesful attempts, on Lap 10 i got around the outside at Turn 5 and took the spot away from Razor :D
    From there it was wait for my element of surprise! As everyone began to pit, i'm sure a few drivers were wondering how late i was planning on stopping! :cautious:
    The answer eventually dropped with the answer of Never!! :laugh:
    I worked the no stop out as being around 7 odd seconds quicker than taking the pit stop and the gamble worked a treat! For some reason a 10 time champion on newer tyres caught me and passed me fairly quickly :whistling: but my main focus was keeping Jono and Razor behind.
    As the laps wound down and some of the :alien:'s began letting mistakes creep in, the thought of a podium came up!!! However then reality hit hard that GTAcademy drivers Mint and Dan aren't exactly push overs and i was left settling for 5th :oops:
    Bold strategy that i'll admit, was the only reason i came home with this result. Pace was not on par with my usual self so i definatley dodged a bullet. Onto the next!
    Oh by the way, in case anyone was wondering, Sports Soft's after 36 laps are :poop:
    :roflmao:
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hi guys. Just a note, the first post has been updated with qually and race start times. :)
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  11. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Well done to warrior on claiming another victory. :thumbsup: Superb drive mate.
    I really enjoyed this race, spent most of it on my own however I did have an excellent battle with Mint for about 3 laps towards the conclusion of the race. :)
    Unlucky for Dan as he was clearly in his own league at this track.
    Cheers guys.
    JonoStan96, MINT_GTR and warrior2167 like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Im impressed you made it work for yourself!
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  15. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    We need to clear a couple of issues last night. Firstly, Qualifying ends at 10:00 and you have until 9:59 to start your final lap meaning you keep OFF the track when you've decided to park it.
    Secondly, Races should only be restarted if there is severe room instability. I wasn't going to call it last night, but then we had a couple more guys back out so my hand was forced.

Now that's cleared up, It was another great race in Div 1B, well done Jono for a great recovery.

The start of the second race went well, everyone seemed to have an even start and I just had to defend a liitle from Nicko into turn 1. With Rotor missing this season, I'm glad Mint was back and I knew it would be another close race this time. We were closely matching time in the opening few laps and I started to notice that he was sliding the rear into the double right turns 5&6.

The best place to pass would have been into turn 1, but Mint had fantastic drive out of the hairpin and I couldn't get close. The laps tick by pretty fast here and I'm slowly being able to stick closer and closer with Mint, but still there's no way past. Now on lap 13 and Mint goes to hot into the hairpin giving me a chance to get on the power a fraction earlier and complete the pass coming out of the tunnel.

Pitstops are coming soon and I can't build the gap that I want, Mint is still there at a second back. Until on lap 16, when I catch the sight of a massive smoke cloud in my mirror, I had no idea what happened but now Nicko was in 2nd place. My gap to him was 5 seconds which allowed my to stay out to lap 19.

I resume the race in 2nd place behind Beau, with Nicko also a little closer. Dan was also a huge threat with his speed advantage and I wasn't sure of the time gap so I just had to keep pushing. I soon realise Beau isn't going to stop which I thought was strange since I calculated that I would be 1.7 seconds a lap on average slower, but being out infront could still work out for him.

On lap 26 I catch and pass Beau, while also building the gap back to nicko but I still was weary of Dan. Nearing the finish I was counting the laps down one by one and in the end the threat never came. Well done to nicko and Mint for their podium finishes.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Warrior has already mentioned what I was going to say so I wont make any additions.

That race was extremely frustrating, especially after the unbelievable start I made innthe first race where I moved up from 5th to 2nd! I would have loved to see how I fared holding off Warrior, Nicko, Dan and Mustafur but the opportunity never came.

The restart was good, moving up to 3rd, but I made a strange error in the chicane hitting the wall and dropping to 5th. If I held my line I probably would have remained in 3rd but there would have been contact between myself, Nick and Mus, so I think I did the right thing. Razor got in too hot at the next corner, and as a result I was drifting in towards the tunnel. I moved to take the racing line, but I overreacted to the contact and spun myself into the barrier and into last, several seconds.

I had to push hard to regain my position, passing TB and Pringles by lap 10 and soon I was on the back of a 3 car train of Dan, Beau and Razor. Mustafur's spin out of Turn 6 was a gift. I couldn't gain as much as I would have wanted, so I rolled the dice and pitted a lap early. Despite nailing the stop and out lap, Razor somehow increased the gap as he exited. However my pace on new tyres was excellent, and I was able to pass him into turn 5. To my surprise, Beau did not pit. So I had to push all the way to catch him.

But it never materialised and I was forced to manage the gap to Razor who had excellent pace. 2 races in and I'm still unsatisfied with both results. Full credit to Beau on the alternate strategy and the podium who had the consistency to leave us in the dust.

I'm immensely looking forward to the next round in the wet, where hopefully I can be as fast as I was last time it was wet. A podium there is a high target I hope to accomplish.

Cheers, Jono
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Going to sit this one out, gotta focus on my exam prep.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    [​IMG]

What an absolute shocker. Well, for me anyways.

Well done to the podium and on Danielle for the Grand Chelem.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  19. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Good race for me, had very little pace so wasn't expecting to be fighting for a top 5, but unbelievably that's exactly what i was able to do simply by staying on the black stuff facing the correct direction! But, it wasn't quite 4th place......
    [​IMG]
    Alfa5252, warrior2167 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  20. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Brilliant race. After qualifying 5th I didn't think I'd have the sort of pace which I did, especially in the latter half of the race.

Managed a good start and just sneaked past Jono into turn 1. Alfa made a mistake next lap at turn 1 running wide, allowing me to slot into 3rd behind Warrior. With Alfa right on my tail we made some good ground on Warrior and some laps later I capitalised on Warrior's exit from turn 6. We went side-by-side into the hairpin, with me on the outside I broke slightly later and managed to get a good drive on the exit moving into 2nd. By this point it was lap 8 or so, with a massive 7 sec gap to Dan in 1st. Put my head down and tried to put in some fast and consistent lap times, slowly chipping the gap away to just 0.6 sec by lap 29. I pushed slightly too hard coming onto the straight to start the final lap, running ever so wide onto the grass, ending my chase and finished in P2.

Absolutely thrilling race, one of my favourites to date in ROOZ.

Congrats to Dan on his perfect race, Warrior on rounding out the podium and all who joined tonight. :)
    Alfa5252, warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.