Division 1 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Oh come on, Believe!!
    Fine i'll support another driver....
    #CagmForThreePoints
    Zachery and stucar17 like this.
  2. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    More like beau for second as he can't be out scored
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    stu cannot actually come 2nd... the gap is too great
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Konnor McCluskey @Woffu are you back this week ??
    Guys, just a very quick reply to my above post....been an interesting few days, with quite a few replies and PMs with a range of views expressed. I am sure you are all sick of hearing from me, but in light of a few discussions i have had after posting i wanted to make a couple of very quick comments.

1. As stated originally, my post WAS NOT directed at anyone in particular. I have had 3 members think it was directed at them, and can i again say that it was a 'general' comment to all drivers.
    2. My post WAS NOT intended to offend or upset anyone. If it did, i apologise.
    3. While i stand by my comments, in hindsight, i could have perhaps have worded a little differently to make my point, which was, that the time of the stewards group is voluntary, and they were (over the opening 5 rounds) seeming to be dealing with quite a few protests that perhaps didn't need to be made.
    4. I will say again, that everyone has the right to protest an incident that they feel has affected the race result.
    5. As a mod, i personally don't want to see anyone leave our community. If you have a concern, question or want to discuss something PLEASE send me, or someone on the mod team, a PM so we can discuss in a rational way to come to a solution.

The stewards group for this season has been an interesting exercise, and it has reinforced to me that regardless of the decision made from them, or ultimately, from the appeals group, there is generally 1 person not happy !
    All i can ask is that drivers respect their decision (even if you dont agree with it). The difficulty of judging some of the incidents has been evidenced by the difference of opinion even in the stewards group ! It's Not an easy job.

We are a large group of people now, different ages, abilities and personalities.
    I think sometimes that gets a little lost with the red mist of race nights.

Again, we want ALL members to have a great experience here, if you feel the need to discuss something please don't hesitate to PM me so we can sort things out for the betterment of everyone. We may not agree, but at least we can have the conversation.

Stu
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  5. Woffu

Woffu New Recruit

PSN ID
    sneekynuts11
    Yep I'll be back this week. I did plan to race last weekend but didn't get home in time so I missed it by about half hour. Hopefully be on tonight to get some laps in
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    When the car crosses the line the stopwatch is pressed and shows 49s on the screen :)
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    im bloody sure im not one of 'those people' !
    RHINO11 likes this.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Well I was planning on showing up with 0 laps under my belt. But then the game decided to corrupt itself and make me delete and re download the 7.3 GB of pointless patches...... With it saying 6 hours remaining I won't be making it tonight. Hopefully I can make it to the final race of the season.
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Awesome race tonight especially trying to chase down stu. Also can someone add the race times up just relieased mine aren't complete.
    v8power383 likes this.
  10. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Not much to say about my race last night, pretty lonely race at the back. A positive is that I stayed on the lead lap and seemed to be faster in the dark than I was in the day time. I had a moment on lap 1 with Jason D into the second last corner, he was deeper under brakes than I and he went wide to avoid me, I gave him plenty of space on the outside but we must have touched and our cars stuck together sending us both into the sand.

He was quick enough to catch the pack but I just dropped further behind. I got to within 3 seconds of Coojack at the end after he made a few errors but not close enough to make any attempt at a pass. Still enjoyed cutting a few laps anyway!
  11. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Oh yeah it was classic magnet we had the room but as soon as the cars rubbed that was it
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    No protests, no blue flags, no bad driving, Isn't that how it should be? What else is there to talk about? Oh yeah maybe congrats to the winner @CTRacing and the podium.. Well done lads
    CTRacing, SuiCid3 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  13. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah my car literally changed direction and headed off to the sand. I was up on the kerb so I knew we had loads of space to go through together. Still I felt a bit bad for you so I put up no fight when you passed me coming into T1 straight after that.
  14. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Had a awesome race last night probly the toughest race I've ever had. start to finish was locked in a battle with AO and rhino some bloody good driving there lads. Hard luck with the 10sec penalty AO, 2nd was all yours. you really put the pressure on in those last few laps. was intense
    Well done to quikas was too quick and consistent.
    If I had practiced, reckon I just may have been able to keep up with ya.. probly not thou.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good job the other night lads.....

I had a really good 'race' with mike at the start, SPL i think was in the mix as well early on.......

Qualied right in the mid pack, and spewing that i screwed up the exit of 4 after a couple of cars went off in front of me, so i didnt gain any advantage there....

STayed with mick for a few laps and there was a train of 4 or 5 for abut 5 or 6 laps till @mikeruntbike had an off and let me through.

I just tried to keep it on track till the night stint with the gap bouncing to about 4 secs till the pit stop....after that i came out 5th i think, and had a pack of cars behind....with Jas clearing himself to hunt me down for the last 15 laps......

I had to nail a near perfect lap for me to hold the gap, but that rarely happened, so he closed at about .3 per lap....with 2 to go he was on my tail and had a crack at Turn 9, but slight contact saw him redress, and again at Turn 1 a big lunge nearly turned pear shaped, but we got through with me holding on for a slow finishing 5th !

Shout out to the podium, @CTRacing just too quick mate......

Have to mention @RHINO11 , really solid drive for a young fella, can you please translate that into the prac rooms, with your mic off so we dont all want to kill you ;);):laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

On to the final round at Nurb Gp which will give a good race for third place on the podium...
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    CTRacing likes this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Hatfield @jasondull1986
    NOTE: Shows Jason in 5th and stu in 6th.....spots have been reversed ..... Stu finished 5th
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  17. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Damn @quikasrx7 nice lap.
  18. CTRacing

CTRacing Rookie

PSN ID
    quikasrx7
    Thanks mate just got in the groove
    Anthonyb likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok Guys, The final driver briefing for the season :D

Can i first say to all PCARS guys, THANK YOU for your support this season. The size of the grids most weeks has been extremely pleasing, and the comments from most after the race show that racing with big grids is certainly well worth the effort. I also want to thank everyone for what has largely been a trouble free season, short of a few small issues that were sorted quickly from the new stewards group.

I really hope that we see you all back for season 7, regardless of the car, for some more great racing.

R7 : 26th March
    22 LAPS
    - 12pm - 7/6/17
    Tires - real
    Fuel - slow
    Damage - Visual only or off...up to room host !
    Compulsory Stop : Yes
    Weather slots
    1. Heavy Cloud
    2. Overcast
    3. Light Cloud
    4. Clear

[​IMG]

This track normally gives us some cracking racing.....

TRACK LIMITS
    : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. There are track cut penalties here everywhere ! The one that is always questionable here is the exit of 4, where its easy to run wide for advantage. We will be monitoring this through the race. Other corners to be wary of are exit of 2 and the Exit of 7. There are also substantial run off areas before you get pinged. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance in the dark at the chicanes. We have seen a few examples this season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to pass here, Namely at Turn 1, Turn 8 and turn 14. When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Stay in your lane till the grid shakes out by turns 3 and 4. Last time we raced here there were issues at turn 1, lap 1 with guys being too aggressive.........please get through there cleanly ! Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will have to make sure their pit strat is sorted from last week's round, and make the decision of wanting to take tires or not . We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the sierra one (even default).

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of turn 15 (final chicane) for a clean entry into pit lane.
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line is long, so you should have no issues on the run into turn 1. . Please stay as far right as possible into T1 if there is traffic approaching, once through the first corner then all should be good to resume racing.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield