Division 2 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I know hey! Chev is not human haha

I jumped in the vette the other night for the first time. Had 3 race with the lads. I think my best was a 23.5XX
    It wasn't run in at all either. Did a few runs on RX to get it up quick.

Laguna Seca and that car are a tough combo but I like it! I think it was the last race I had nearly the whole field of drivers
    behind me... I as thinking oooh :):):):)e...I was apologizing in advance lol
  2. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Back in season 2 in the Tamora, we had a nice 9 lap battle at Laguna that you luckily prevailed in. :lol: ;)
  3. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Whats the rules as far as race mods and upgrades? I found this but but doesnt mention it.

"

Poll closed

Car selection for season 6 Is the Corvette ZR1 Race Mod on race hards accross all 3 division
    I think it is probably too late to change the tyre selection to be fair on all racers, possibly next season it can be implemented.
    Season calender to follow this week."

Sorry im out of the loop abit come some direct me to the revalant info? I bought the car last night ( i take it i buy from new car lot?) but I wasnt sure what I was allowed to do to it so I didnt get any practice.
  4. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Do nothing but change the oil. You can paint whatever you like, but NOT change the wheel type.
    Then when you set up the race room, check the 'tuning prohibited' box. The car will get to 716hp when broken in
  5. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    And you can change the brake bias too.
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1063
    all in this post season 6 calender m8, as the guys said you can't do any mod bar RM, no engine mods or weight reduction. Just buy the car change oil race mod it and paint as you wish, you will have all the ability to tune suspension and other stuff that race modifying gives you but leave them at default to get in the tuning prohibited rooms. You can however change break bias settings.
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I like the idea of no tuning, puts it down to driver skill rather than tuning ability. I am not expecting to do big things but to be able to race in a governed series is going to be a great experience.

My driving sucks though :p
  8. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I'm still around just haven't had much to say lately didn't get forza 4 or an x-box 360 at chistmas thought it would be better to put the money towards a real car instead got given a VR Commy station wagon had to put $2,500 into it to get it on the road but could have bought one & then still had to put that much into it to get it road worthy.
    I've gone for yellow and #85 for the Vette ZR-1 series.
  9. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    aza good too se you back matem
    anyone send veno a message with the new start times boys?
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Thanks for the info guys, Ill get on later this afternoon or tonight for some laps.
  11. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

ok for sunday Practise will be open between 7:50-8pm est
    Qual to start at 8:30 EST, Race to start at 8:40pmEST.

Dont for get to add me if u havent, only recieved rumbleshorts so far (altrhough every else might already be on it.)

Hopefully we'll be able to get underway on time, if last season anything to go by there couild be 1 or 2 delays for the 1st race.

BTW Carns i think Veno already knows updated race times as per his post above. I will message all div members through PSN tonight with race info as I did last season.
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Had my first session in the car tonight, turned 18 odd laps. Quite like it once you get used to the speed, definatly the fastest car weve used.

Green 47, yellow rims.
  13. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah i agree with ya there TEK but i don't like the ZR1 as much :mad: i'll be on early tonight (N most of the day)
    so i can practise my arse off as this car is a :):):):):) with a bad bite, or i'm just not treating her right.
    first aid kits and plenty of tissues will in the my boot of my car if any1 needs them :lol: :lol:

car: green and yellow, 21,
  14. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

haha, will indeed need them.
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ive never raged quit but but I came close tonight, my car wouldnt stop in my pit box he just kept going. After it happened a 2nd time in a row I nearly threw the toys out the pram.

Had to stop 3 times for one set of tyres, plus drive around on my old :):):):)ty tyres another lap every time he wouldnt stop.
    I dont know how much time that costs but alot!!

Top 3
    Doug
    Stu
    Veno

I fought back to 7th (i think) after my crap, tried to go for fastest lap but Dougz just pipped me. I only got second fastest.
  16. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    wow doug first in the new division thats a massive effort mate

unlucky tek
  17. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Couldnt be happier with that start to the season.
    First race in div.2 and got a win :)
    Got a PB in qualy with a 22.0. Thought everyone had finished and i had pole. Then Stu come along with a 21.9.
    Had a good race with Stu early on. Went to pass him down the front straight and i didn't clear him and we made contact through the bend. He ran wide so i slowed down and let him back infront again. Although it was a bit of a 50/50 call i didnt really feel as if i should have kept going.
    Stu then was about 2.5 seconds infront and threw it away at the corkscrew. From there i just concentrated on being consistant. Got a little put off by Tek who was quick but a lap down due to his dodgey pit crew haha. Its all good though.
    Really wasnt expecting to be right up there, being straight out of div.3. Really happy with it though. Looking forward to the rest of the season. :)
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea i was thinking that but I knew my tyres would be fresher so I would be able to pull away once they warmed up, plus I still had positions to try make. The red mist was down that was for sure.

It couldnt of put you off to much though cause you actually got your fastest lap when we ghosting into each other :D Plus Im not going a lap down :p hahaha
    Congrats mate.

Should be a good season, qual was pretty close too.
  19. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Fair enough. Yeh, i knew you still wanted to catch others.
    It was a little off putting. I missed a few turn in points and what not. Its all good though. Atleast i didnt run off the track haha. Did i really do it then? I thought i did it earlier on than that. haha.
    Thanks man.
  20. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Congratulations Dougz on that nice season opening win. It shows some good focus to be able to put aside the nerves and control the race like that. Enjoy it while you can cause when Tek, Stu, Barra and Anon aren't throwing the car off the track, they are amazing drivers. :)
    On that note, Anon I think I heard you screaming at the car from my place after forgetting the dirt pickup on the tyres after an off. I think I watched in my rearview 'offs' in about 3 consecutive corners. Or maybe it was Tek yelling at his pit crew. :lol:

Fastest laps at the famous Laguna Seca.
    1:22.043 Dougz
    1:22.232 Teknique
    1:22.407 Anon
    1:22.474 Stu
    1:23.545 Aza
    1:23.657 Venosuala
    1:23.727 Barra
    1:24.012 Miki
    1:25.377 RBRacing
    1:25.606 Rumbles
Thread Status: