Division 2 - Season 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Yes AWSOME race ! Qualified 2nd to V8 and got a great start to lead into the first chicane with V8 hot on my heels .slowly pulled a little gap on v8 for him to slowly reel me in coming into the first chicane on about lap three just got a wheel on the edge of the grass under braking then all hell broke lose with the Sierra slipping and sliding into the first chicane just managed to get it through with out running off track .just as I checked my mirror I seen a cloud of smoke and a Sierra going through the first chicane . Don't no if my problem had anything to do with that but I pulled a gap and once again thinking I'll conserve and keep an eye on the gap and when they pit .v8 pitted early so I keep going and checking the positional changes behind me then pitted about lap 10 to come out in front of Jim and v8 thinking to my self good work Jim keep him behind you for as long as you can ! Boy wasn't I wrong as I'm keeping check on the times Bloody Jim was coming and coming fast and slowly pulling a gap on v8 and hunting me down . So with Jim in my draft I was starting to get worried . What happened next was some of the best racing I've had in ROOZ . Jim and I were at it we were passing everywhere nearly every corner on the track ascari , the parabolic a , lesmo everywhere side by side down the straight it was AWSOME . I think v8 had the best seat in the house not far behind us waiting for a mistake .with 2 laps to go I was sitting behind Jim waiting to make a move for the lead .coming into ascari on the final lap I was close started pushing to hard coming in and basically drifted right though with v8 closing in and Jim driving away to take the win .:cool:
  2. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Yeah great race mate every time I would close that gap down to 1.5 seconds and think yes I'm all most in the draft I'd make a mistake and blow it back out 3 seconds or more but I did take out the fastest lap try to keep up and yes I was hoping with all the passing going on that it would all end in tears for one if not both of you but it wasn't to be so on to spa we go with the championship locked at the top
    dj2ca, garyw61 and stucar17 like this.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    This was happening to me randomly a few weeks back Freddy. It was a problem with the touch sensitive on/off button on the console. I fixed it by levering the the on/off button out slightly with a small screwdriver.

Well done to Blindman/podium last night. Way too quick.

Sorry again Killer!
    freddyp_33 likes this.
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Qualifing
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]
    race results
    [​IMG]
    Jim_aka_The_Man and garyw61 like this.
  5. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Freddy DSC'd early, and I am not sure where golfer finished, but he DSC'd just after the finish.
  6. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I am happy to have a break this Sunday for the long weekend if there are enough takers.
    Jim_aka_The_Man and George like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    could someone please tell me where @agolfer78 finished?
  8. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

9. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I'll be 4 hours away with @George, so I wouldn't mind the weekend off.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  11. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Well just Wow. I was not expecting anything like that race.
    Started from 3rd, and got cleanly through T1 following @v8power383 & @Blindman. Unfortunately @George who started 4th got cleaned up, pushed into a penalty and destroyed his race. I feel for ya buddy.
    I pitted at the end of Lap 1 and set about hitting consistent laps as best I could away from any traffic, and boy did it work!
    By the time V8 was coming out of the pits, I cruised past and was ahead by around 2 seconds. I thought he was the only one O had to think about and would hope to keep him behind.
    All that changed when Blindman came out ahead on Lap 10. From here on out we battled side by side, in front and behind for the next 13 laps. Some absolutely brilliant driving, with barely a touch between us for the entirety.
    Stoked to come away with the win, hopefully it's the turning point for my luck in this car.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great job Jim.

This weeks round will go ahead as normal. Had very few people unavailable, no more than a normal round so we will run as normal.
    George likes this.
  13. Jim_aka_The_Man

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    No worries. I'll have a few extra beers :thumbsup:
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING ROUND 5 - SPA
    12th March - 15 laps - 7/6/17 - 12pm
    Wear REAL
    Fuel - SLOW
    Compulsory Pit Stop : YES
    Weather slots
    1. Rain
    2. Heavy Cloud
    3. Light Cloud

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    QUALIFYING Will be in the WET ! Your car should default to the RAIN TYRE.

There are 3 weather slots, so you will have 5 laps on the rain tire. The rears do get hot, but the car is drivable so long as you dont over drive the car and spin it up every corner ;)

When you pit you WILL HAVE TO HAVE YOUR PIT STRATEGY SET TO CHANGE TO THE SLICK TIRE, USING 'SYMMETRICAL' TIRE OPTION. I would recommend you test this however so you can be confident that when you come in for your stop all happens as you planned !

RACE START....The start / finish line is actually AFTER T1 , on the map below. The track is downhill, so you will need to stop yourself rolling at the lights to avoid a drive through penalty....

[​IMG]
    TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. There are track cut penalties here everywhere ! NOTABLY at turns 2,3,4 (eau rouge), 5,6 (les combes), Exit of 9, Running wide between 10,11....Exit of 15 (stavelot), Exit of 17 and of course the bus stop ! . There are also substantial run off areas before you get pinged. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance in the rain.

PASSING : Is plenty of spots to pass here, when a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. The run into Eau Rouge on lap 1 will be pretty hectic, as i said in the div 3 a few days ago, best to stay in your 'lane' so everyone can get through cleanly for a great race. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop. Pit lane is open from LAP 1. All drivers will HAVE TO HAVE YOUR PIT STOP STRATEGY SET, AND SELECT IN THAT STRATEGY THE SLICK TIRE, using 'SYMMETRICAL' . We have found in the past that having multiple strategies can cause issues, so i would recommend you delete all except for the sierra one (even default)

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are straight forward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on the exit of the BUS STOP for a clean entry into pit lane. Drivers need to keep 2 wheels inside the entry lines as cutting wont give you extra time, but the real chance of getting stuck and blocking the lane for other drivers. I WILL BE CHECKING MY ROOM THIS WEEK ;)FAILURE TO KEEP 2 WHEELS INSIDE THE ENTRY LINES WILL BE A PENALTY.
    On EXIT, drivers should remain within the exit lines, aware of fast approaching cars into T1.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    garyw61 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. Mick

Mick Rookie

PSN ID
    mwkw1520
    Hey guys I wont b back from the river till tomorrow so I will miss this round c u all next Sunday.
  17. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Myself and @Jim_aka_The_Man won't be back from the river either until Tuesday. Have fun and good luck everyone
  18. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

I dont think ill make it either.
  19. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Did anyone else get the race results as my results have swapped myself, Blindman and Gary's finishing places as we were so close
  20. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Mine show exactly the same. Doesn't matter, leave them as they are.