Division 3 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    i need someone to keep the race interesting at rear of field, i foresee many off-track incidents! :(
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I'll keep you company mate :thumbsup:
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'll be there lol
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hehehe, looks like it's going to get crowded at the back of the grid...lol
  5. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I'm happy to host. Should be on from 7:45. Need to find a groove before qualifying!
  6. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Cool.
    Have you got the new guy shibbmate on your friends list, make sure he's on before tonight and both have reset consoles.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yep we are already best mates :)
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I will be there guys, but lets still try skywalker as a host.
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sorry about the restart guys. I joined the room to make sure I could connect but was not yet ready, tending to the little bloke. I glance every minute or so at the chat box to see when the call for all ready for race but it never appeared. Next thing I know the race had started.

So thank you to restarting to accommodate me.

about the race...

Threw away a possible 8th after tapping S_CLOSE (and waiting to redress...sorry again serge) and then spinning in the same spot myself some laps later.

Was happy to find some pace during the race hitting some low 1:32s

Managed a 1:27:4 at apricot hill testing afterwards also.
  11. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Sorry Hat, probably partly my fault too. With such a full grid its tough to see if everyone is there. If Im ever needed to host again I'll make sure to clearly ask.
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    It was a good room Luke. No problems at all from what I could see. Good size field too with 15 racing.
    I'm happy for you to keep hosting if you want to.
  13. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Thanks for Hosting Skywalker, didn't notice any lag and all 15 starters finished the race.
    Great turn out tonight, pat on the back to all Div 3 guys, thanks.
    With Hatfield missing the start, I was glad of the re-start. On the grid, not sure how, but car was in reverse and I went backwards, how embarrassment. At the restart, we all lined up in our grid spots and got away well this time.
    Skywalker jumped the start a bit and was slow, causing a couple of guys to dodge him, unfortunately, Floodsim caught the back end and went left after the hit and nudged Doogs out into the grass.
    So, I'd made up one spot, but that was quickly stolen by a fast starting Sparklehead who got a dream run through turn 1 and then dived down the inside of me at turn 2.
    After that, everyone was single file but didn't take long for Skywalker to start moving up the field. I managed to slip past Sparkles on lap 2 into turn 6 and then began what would be an all race tug of war with Floodsim. Team-mates Serg and Blindman were fighting just ahead of Flood when Blindman ran hot into the final turn on lap 3 and ran into the sand.
    Lap 4 and Flood runs wide into turn 4 and I'm up to 6th..
    Woohoo, this is looking pretty decent for a change. I got a good run out of turn 4 on lap 5 and made a move on Serg into turn 5, clean as a whistle and up to 5th. Set about putting some good laps in and actually made a bit of a gap while Serg was defending from Flood. Flood made a brilliant pass on Serg into turn 2 on lap 7 and I had a 2.1 second gap to him.

The field sat like this until the first round of pit-stops, with Pinoy the first to jump in at the end of lap 8. End of lap 9 saw Flood and Serg dive in for some new boots, as did the newbie Shibbmate. End of lap 10, Raptor, Moozer, Doogs, Gary and blindman all dive in. Groover stayed out and I decided to as well, too many in pit lane for my liking. That left Groover, myself and Hatfield to pit at the end of lap 11. I got baulked a bit as I passed Groover in the pits and that put Floodsim right on my tail as I came out. I managed to hold him of as I had less fuel onboard and my tyres were 2 laps younger, started pulling a bit of a gap (only 1 second) and felt comfortable again. I'd make the odd small mistake, but then so would Flood, so it stayed like that with the gap between 1 and 2 seconds until the next pit stop. I decided to jump in after lap 19 and Flood followed me in.
    After having to concentrate for so long, laps 24 and 25 were pretty ugly and allowed Flood back onto my ar$e. He got a great run out of turn 4 on lap 28 and was on my left heading into 5. He braked a bit early to avoid contact as he wasn't quite up level with me, but I didn't wash off enough speed and ran wide out of turn 5 and onto the grass, but thankfully kept it pointing the right direction and made it back onto the track still about 1.6 seconds ahead of Doogs.

Great racing by everyone tonight, tough track and with a field of 15 guys, great to see.
    Pole Position went to S54VED.
    Finishing positions...
    [​IMG]
    Fastest laps...
    [​IMG]
    Blindman, emmo46 and SuiCid3 like this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Well done to S54 and the podium last night, great pace and some very good fastest laps posted.

Was a very disappointing race for me last night. Qualified 6th which I wasn't happy with as I know I could have done so much better but knew my consistency should help. I managed a decent start off the line and decided to just stay amongst the pack and see what happened for the first few laps but then Hatfield posted that we'd started without him and soon we all came to a halt to restart the race again (this is why ROOZ is so good!).

Take two and I managed a reasonable start off the line again but was quickly knocked off track and onto the grass. My 6th positon in the field very quickly turned into 12th place before I made it to turn 1. To say I was not happy was an understatement as I knew at best I was close to matching the front runners but from 12th place I would never get the chance to put pressure on them.
    After watching the replay back I can see that it was an unintentional move - just a reaction to a slow-moving S54 off the line, so no hard feelings :thumbsup:

For several laps I battled behind Hatfield, eager to pass but couldn't until eventually I got an opening and made my way past - then shot off like a rocket in a meek attempt to catch those in front of me.

Knowing that without an incident I would not catch the leaders I tried my best to make up as many places as I could, which amounted to zero as their lead was too great at that stage of the race. I pushed on as best I could and in the dying laps I saw Stumbles and Floodsim up ahead and slowly begun to peg them back. On the final lap they were not far ahead but there wasn't enough time (or talent by me) to catch them, so in the end I managed a 7th place - thank goodness for drop rounds.

Looking forward to next week where hopefully I can remind the front runners that I am still there and eager to perform :ninja:
    Blindman and Stumbles like this.
  16. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just as a reminder, I won't be racing this coming Sunday, am heading to Melbourne Sunday morning and won't be taking console with me, lol (the handbrake would make sure she lived up to the name there).
  17. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I don't really know what is going on here, but for the fourth consecutive round I'm dead last, and even worse, for the 2nd week in a row my best lap is a full second slower that the second slowest laptime in Div 3!! Wow, so off pace it isn't funny and I just can't work it out right now.

Came so close to just parking it last night, being lapped by 11th place is no fun! It's just so draining running at the end by yourself. BUT, I made the committment to be here, and be here I shall. :thumbsup:
    Blindman, SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    It'w weird to see you like this turbo. In my first race at ROOZ I remember seeing you drive off in the distance (until you DSC) and thinking, this guy will definitely be up for the championship. I would always be looking to see where turbo had qualified etc.
    Its probably just the car...I know you are a fast driver.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It must be the car Turbo, I'm just starting to find a comfortable relationship with. I couldn't get on top of the Macca last season at all and you lapped me in the last race.
  20. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    It's so weird, as in pre-season testing I didn't mind it one bit and voted for it. I seemed to be on pace with everyone else. I can't explain it at all, even my favourite track, GVER, I still came last after practicing about 6 nights beforehand! :mad:

Oh well, hoping we might get a non-race tyred car next season. Lowering the grip levels a bit seems to go in my favour. :D

This would have to be one of my worst seasons ever, like Season 9 in the GTR's. :poop: