Division 3 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well very stoked with my first win / pole. Going into the round, I knew I had the potential (although its been like that every round this season!).

The first start, my reaction was good, but the car bogged just a fraction. So made some minor contact with raptor on T1. After that I managed to pull a couple seconds by the end of the lap, however took T1 around 5km/h to quick and ran off to the sand. By the time I got back on and going again I was very mid pack.

Was very fortunate for restart, however my pedals moved (there not fixed) and so I badly false started (didn't even get the roll either as foot was straight back on the brake lol). Sorry Doogle about the incident that occurred because of that start :(

So over all I only ended up 1 second better off after race 2 restart lol, but an extra lap up my sleeve :D

I knew I needed to make it back up pretty quick if I was going to have a chance, but its tough to pass. Was looking for any open doors (made a ballsy pass on blindman through T1, which I had experienced many times by the UFOs throughout the week). Had a couple of sandwiches going 3 abreast into T2. Finally caught up to groover / mooser after a few laps who were fighting a little themselves. Proceeded to have a very fun high speed chess game, with us all swapping places back and forth, until finally both made substantial mistakes which I was able to capitalize on.

Lap 8, jumped into the pits to avoid traffic and go for the undercut on raptor. I didn't think I'd pull it off as the gap was around 4 seconds, but raptor didn't response straight away, so put down 2 decent laps to close the gap. Fortunately for me raptor filled his tank, so ended up actually pulling it off!

From that point on I was just trying to focus, which was hard as I was quite excited lol. I had a huge off road excursion on the exit of T5, up to T6 and turned in to late into T1, which although I didn't go off I had to slow massively which cost a lot going up the hill. Fortunately, both mistakes were separated so the gap I'd built kept me safe. Raptor and I both pit on the same lap, I got slowed up quite a bit passing his guys in pit, so much that we both started driving almost at the same time. Although, on exit I think the same happened back as he passed my guys, as when we exited there was a reasonable gap to not be offering any tow.

Last stint, I knew I'd need a low 31/ high 30 for the fast lap, but just couldn't focus for a full lap. It wasn't for lack of trying, but a win is worth more than a fast lap, so after 3 try's decided to just chill and bring it home. Was watching groover still lapping a few after me before pitting, I knew a clean sweep for me wasn't likely.

Groover's last stint, wow.... I was thinking sweet, some nice gains in the championship.. I thought for sure you would have lost out on the podium leaving it so late to pit, cracking pace to come from 4th to 2nd and the fast lap ;) Nice one, I don't think I could have done that so late in the race. Very well done under pressure.
    groover33 and Blindman like this.
  2. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    I feel your pain turboed I am not coming to grips with this car my self but keep your chin up as I know that you are capable of turning it all around if not this season for sure next ?
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Not like you need any tips from me.. hahaha
    But Brands Hatch last night has finally given me a reason to start practising brake finesse lol
    Normally I just give the brakes a quick mash, but after last night I realised a quick mash meant full on braking in this car.
    G27 non-modded brakes are rubbish is all I can say
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yep I've been looking at what I can do to get some feel for a brake pedal. Currently it's a case of doing 2 laps to dial in my leg lol
  5. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    It is surprising sometimes when you look and the GUI onscreen and you think you're only just touching the brake pedal yet the brake indicator shows you're at 3/4 brakes - though I am using the crappy DFGT pedals.

I alsways drive with no shoes (just socks) which helps to give a bit more feel to the pedals. If I drive with shoes on I lose that sense of feeling the brakes until I feel the resistance of the foam ball I have squashed behind the brake pedal which doesn't do much until about 1/2 way but with shoes on I only notice it when its almost at 100%.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I drive in socks as well. anything else and I can't get the braking right.
  7. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I'm with you @DoogleDave. I have the crappy dfgt pedals and race in socks so you at least get some feel for how much pressure to apply. With shoes on your at 100% brake when you think you only have a little bit applied
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    +1 to the driving in socks club...
  9. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Sounds like we need to get "official" ROOZ socks made :laugh:
    Peter Wise likes this.
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hmm, might have to try the "sock club". I always drive with shoes on.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have a nice Next Level Racing collapsible cockpit to take some photos for the sponsors in some ROOZ socks lol
    DoogleDave likes this.
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    lol +1 for socks, although last night I was bare foot! Maybe I should do that more often haha
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I don't know what it is either Turbo, but I don't like this car (and I'm so slow in it lol).
    But that's how things go every season, some love it some hate it , and will suit some drivers better than others.

I would also like to go back to a season in a road car, preferably one where the beast keeps you on your toes without needing to be super fast, and hopefully we can show some speed again :)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    yeah I can't wait for a road car to come around again. really struggled for consistency in the first two seasons with the twitchy cars we were running. now i'm (still) struggling to match you guys for pace but have found some consistency in the little mazda. really enjoyed last nights race despite hating the track and now looking forward to apricot hill (one of my fav tracks), hoping to get a top half finish for the first time in 3 seasons..... come on a road car for season 4!!!
  15. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Your brake or throttle isn't 'sticky' is it turbo?
  16. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
  17. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    Barefoot for me as well, lol.
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Hey @S_CLOSE, I now know how it feels to be you, running out of fuel just metres away from a good result!
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Whats peoples pace here? Im finding low 27s is comfortable, but its tough doing and staying in 26s.

There's a lot of time to be had getting the last chicane right, but Im really struggling with it.
  20. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    An okay result starting and finishing 5th, but ended the night feeling like I drove like sh*t.

Reading some interesting comments from others about their race; I haven't looked at the reply yet but will have to tonight.
    At the restart I got away okay only to find s54ved stopped dead 2 rows ahead of me. I swung left trying to avoid him but still sideswiped him a little.
    Sounds as though I took Doogle out in the process. I know it felt like I got hit from behind, but that may have been me hitting Doogle on my left instead.
    I'm really sorry Doogle, I had no idea I had hit someone else; I really thought it was just someone getting into the back of me as I was slowed.

From there I got hustled back a few places before things started settling down somewhere behind S_Close who wasn't easy to pass. I made a couple of sloppy attempts at overtaking him before I got one to stick. Stumbles described it as "brilliant", from memory I think it was more like "clumsy".

Prior to the first stop I was settled in behind Stumbles and that was where I spent the rest of my race. He was always in my sight, but was driving really well and mostly kept out of slipstream reach.
    Like Stumbles said, he would make a small mistake then I would make a small mistake so we were pretty even.
    Second stint felt like I was just on autopilot; not driving particularly well and really struggling to get my lines right.

Last stint I woke up a bit and started to concentrate harder on what I was doing. It wasn't until lap 23 or 24 that I actually got turn 1 right for once.
    Any ground I made up on Stumbles was quickly lost again out the back part of the course through turns 5 and 6. Stumbles was mighty brave and consistently better through that section than me...
    That was until lap 28 where I got a good run through T1 and T4 which allowed me to pull alongside, but on the outside, of Stumbles coming to T5.
    This put him slightly off the normal line and I think he didn't quite adjust enough resulting in running wide onto the grass on the exit letting me through!

Held on for the final lap to finish 5th.

Credit to Stumbles as he drove a really good race and made me work hard just to keep up. Bad luck on it going wrong right at the end mate.
    Congrats to the podium and all drivers for a relatively smooth round.
    skywalker, Blindman and Stumbles like this.