Division 3 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yea mate, the throttle sticks intermittently. It's just a little tiny bit, but you can really feel it affect the car when it does.

Gonna have to get in there and clean the pedals up a bit, need some spray stuff. It's Aussie's old set so they are already practically disassembled! :D
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Do it sooner than later mate, I had a sticky throttle earlier in the season and it cost me around 2 seconds per lap.
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Hi, did you want me to host tonight? I can open a room around 7:45 although may be afk for a bit while I finish dinner.
  5. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Do it, your connection was great last Sunday, when other divs were struggling
  6. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Have fun tonight guys, gunna be a long race for ya's.
    Just got to my hotel room, now to go out and try and drag the missus out of the markets, lol
  7. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yes please Luke. I just got rid of my all day guests, now I gotta organise some dinner. Seems like S_CLOSE had no problems getting in your room too.
  8. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Room open. Dinner will have to wait till after:(
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well damn I DSC
  10. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Bad luck Hat, you looked to have some good pace, carving your way up the placings there.

I for one didn't qualify last for a change (9th), but I suffered a bit in the race and ended up 11th. Was having a good battle pack going for a few laps early on but ended up spinning at that bloody chicane putting me back to last. Got going again only a few seconds adrift and was catching the 3 guys ahead but spun again, same spot.

Didn't help at all, but ended up with a really good fun battle with Shibbmate for several laps, swapping positions 2 or 3 times per lap, but towards the end of the second stint he ran out of fuel just past the hairpin.

The rest of the race was pretty lonely for me, one consolation was that I could pretty much match Groovers pace once he lapped me while i was in the pits when he was on worn tyres and I was on fresh ones!!! lol

Well done to Groover, Flood and Moozer. Only 2 more rounds to go!! yay!
  11. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    One sec
    One minute we were side by side and next you were gone I though :):):):) I taped you and sent you off and you quit I'm glad that wasn't the case and bad luck on the DSC.
  12. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Congrats to Groover and the podium, very good driving guys!

I had done very minimal practice this week leading up to the race but had some decent pace so was reasonably happy to get in the top half of quali.
    Things were going OK until I had to pit when I realised I didn't have a pit strategy worked out and from there things went downhill. Didn't fill up enough on the first stop and after the 2nd stop I put more in but that went too quickly and I had to pull in again only 6 or so laps later.
    I managed to get caught behind Sparkle and Gary for a few laps and just couldn't find a safe place to pass but managed to get down the inside along the straight and off I went.

I saw Moozer a couple of times throughout the race and as I came past the pits he was flying out after a stop and with him putting some pressure on from behind I knew I'd have to lift my game.

Unfortunately coming into turn 1 Moozer moved right up the inside of me as we approached the kink in the road at the end of the straight and I was conscious not to cut him off on the inside so ran my line wide to avoid collision - inadvertently running way too wide and finding the sand and wall. By the time I managed to get back on-track again I'd dropped from 5th to 10th and that was my goose cooked.

With my season's chance now completely over I decided I'd go for fastest lap which had eluded me throughout the race.
    With fairly fresh tyres and just under half a tank of fuel left I set about hitting every turn as well as I could muster and after a couple of decent 26's I managed a 26.2xx to steal the fastest lap from Groover. From there I just drove to the finish line for 9th place.

I really should have practised more (especially my pit strategy), but playing around with Assetto Corsa won out this week - I'll have to pull my finger out for RedBull Ring. This is a track I'm not too familiar with so we'll see how we go at keeping up with the leaders.
    Ad2mny and Blindman like this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Anyone got the results, pole and lap times
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Was fairly happy with quali, although a bit slow from my usual (but I think all the guys around me were similar, as I've seen faster times during the week).

Made a huge mistake making my calculations for pit strat (used timings from prac), which led me to believe it was less than 10 sec the difference between a 4 and 5 stopper. Due to the fuel required for a 3 stopper it was even more time! However, jump into the race and a tyre change takes much longer. Live and learn! :)

I originally was thinking 3 stopper until doing my skewed math. Was planning a 4 stopper all week, and decided on the Sunday to go the 5 haha.

1st stint went to plan, I was just chilling behind the leaders trying to keep things tidy. Groover came off for the worst trying to overtake Raptor on the hairpin, which allowed me to get pass him, and also right on Raptor. Pit early, and took raptor through T1 as came through with a lot more speed as he was exiting pits.

We dueled for a little and I realised we weren't gaining on leaders so let him go. Tried to make it clear that I wasn't trying to overtake so he'd drive faster too. Think he got the idea towards end of stint. I pit again and came out just behind an epic duel that was Gary / Sparkie. Wow this was intense, and lost a lot of time over the following 3-4 laps before finally clearing with Raptor hot on my tail.

Yet again, didn't put up a fight too much for raptor and tried to make it clear I wasn't going to overtake. But the lead just wasn't dropping fast enough, and it was up after the intense battling. At this point I realised it was totally the wrong strat.

4th stint was pretty uneventful, couple of overtakes. 5th stint thought it was time to go for that fast lap, set my fastest S1 split, 28 flat, S2 still great, and then the lap breaker... line was slightly off and had to major lift just stay on track. Managed a 26.3 and what it could have been! :)

Overall, a decent result and Im fairly happy with my performance (1st of the 5 stoppers :D haha). Only made 2 big mistakes which led to some 4WD action, but no spins.

Running the longer stints gives a much higher chance of a mistake so big congrats to all the podium and also serg. Well done on minimising those mistakes and bringing home a good result!
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    No your driving was clean! I am pretty gutted, since I seem to do well with pit strat races and tire management.
  16. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    What was the total race times for the 3 stoppers?? Div 4 was reversed with all i think all 5 stoppers as the top 3 runners with a 4 stopper right on my tail in 3rd position.

1st: 1:31:24.701
    2nd: 131:33.710
    3rd: 131:39.075
  17. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Dont we know this! You would have definitely been up there I'd have thought, causing us 5 stoppers lots of drama haha.

It is very unfortunate all these PSN issues. The thought crossed my mind about a restart since it was enduro, but I guess it could happen to anyone at any time. Bad luck mate :(
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I thought about asking for a restart but it was already lap 7 by the time I got into the room and its not like I am fighting for the championship so I figured just to let you guys battle it out.
    Also if we restart and then someone else DSC early on, we should restart for them too etc and we end up finishing in the AM!
    Also I see in the Div1 results that warrior made the strat work for him and we would have been running the same strat!
  19. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Really happy to have gotten a good result last night finishing in 2nd place.
    My driving style is always gentle on the tires (at the expense of speed I think) so the enduro really played to my strength. I was easily able to do a 3-stop and that's what got me home on the podium.

I was mid-pack in quali starting I think 6th. Everyone got away pretty evenly and the first stint didn't seem to have too much action. I was running mostly on my own in 6th, with a small gap to those in front and behind.
    I hadn't done any practice so after 7 or 8 laps I decided I could make 15 laps on a set of tires and went for the 3-stop strategy. As the laps ticked by, those ahead would pull into the pits, some as early as L9! and I got an idea of who was running what strategy. By around lap 12 everyone had pitted except me and Groover; so I knew he was my benchmark.
    Towards the end of the stint I was happy with my pace and how I was running. I was 3 or 4s behind Groover into the first stop on L15, I filled my tank to the top not really knowing what my strategy would be. I think Groover put in less fuel because he was out of his pit box well before me and easily increased his lead.
    I thought I might be able to stay with him if I could keep him in my sight, but his pace was a whole other level to mine.

My biggest problem was the car was so different to drive on full fuel and tires and I was struggling to adjust back to a faster pace. I made too many small mistakes and ran some really slow laps when my car was at its best which really let Groover get away.
    I ran most of the rest of the race on my own; I had short battles with Blindman and S_Close but while we were out of sync on strategy I should have been able to pull away, instead small mistakes let them get past only for me to pass them back once I got back into a rhythm on fresh rubber.

Coming out of the last stop, Groover had pulled out a comfortable lead of 20s. Moozer was in 3rd but I had no idea how far back, so I had to keep pushing. I drove as best as I could knowing anything could happen to Groover and slowly made up time on him getting the gap down to 15s, but I think he was just cruising home.

Congrats to Groover (don't know how he got put in Div3!) and all drivers for another great race.

I've never driven the next track so might need to put in some practice this week.
  20. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Only two of us 3-stopped, I don't remember my exact race time, I think it was around 1:31:00.
    groover33 likes this.