Division 5 season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    I think everybody missed it, but my one excursion was overshooting the pit entry, speared onto the grass andfound the end of the pit wall. Ended up back on the start/finish straight, so floored it and did another lap. Needless to say my subsequent pit entry was a little more sedate. Had some great battles with KartNoOne, ForevereSideways and Homebrew, wonderful, clean racing. No idea how I ended up in fourth, but I'll take it!
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I was just getting into that footlong. Nice recap of events:)
    Stiffsht and Footlong_warrior like this.
  3. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    you beat me to it lol
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  4. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    My race was a thing of beauty. Starting near the back of the pack, I found myself heading into the first corner on the inside of the track. What an awkward turn that was from that angle. Still yet to tame the beast I found myself breaking too late into corners and if I gained any position, it was quickly taken back as I typically cave under the slightest thought of pressure lol. Because of my lap times I felt a one pit-stop strategy would be the go but in reality only made it that much harder to finish the race on mediums while others went back to softs. I gained my final position of 8th due to driver error and a disconnection from Copper. If there was more time and extra lap or two VARDZ would've caught me for sure. Great to see a bunch of new guys up the front and on the podium.

Oh on the plus side, putting more effort into Laguna :)

Hit a PB of 31.3 a few nights ago but then the race started and I came unstuck.
    So not sure what version of me will show up on race night.
    I will say I'm starting to come around to this car.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TIRE REGS
    The tire regs for this round will be as round 1.
    - Qual and first stint on the SS, 1 stint minimum on the medium tire.
    stu
    Peter Wise and Footlong_warrior like this.
  6. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Okay juggled some things, should be home for this! Gimme till 8:20 please :)
  7. rhyse

rhyse New Recruit

PSN ID
    foreversidewayz
    Hey guys won't be able to make it to race tonight ! Sorry for any inconvenience. Considering pulling out of the league but not 100% sure yet
  8. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    remember at least one round is classed as a dropped round come the end of the season (the lowest points race or a missed race) something to consider ;)
  9. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    oh wow, can't even connect to PSN...
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  11. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I reckon we can do that castro
  12. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    I'm home, will reset router...but so far no good! PS3 doesn't want to connect. This is a first.
    Edit: scratch that...I'm in ;)
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Round 2 Result Laguna Seca
    1st Flashfirst 1'30'509 Pole & FL
    2nd Stiffsht 1'31'003
    3rd Vardz 1'31'537
    4th chrystalMIT 1'31'110
    5th Copper 1'31'756
    6th homebrew 1'31'444
    7th Footlong 1'31'116
    8th crimj1985 1'32'721
    9th Kart No1 1'32'331
    10th webnomad 1'32'227
    11th Castro 1'31'941
    12th Dr Twist (CDT) 1'32'129

@Hatfield @emmo46
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks.
    VARDZ likes this.
  15. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    hey peeps just had a cracker of a race came out on podium felt great so we started the race, lovely weather the engines was rawing little cloud nothin to b concerned as we took off i got a 2 secound false start dropped bak to 4th then it was on for the first 2 laps i was stick behind another racer eventually got around him and proceeded to charged for 3rd it was a battle to find a line to get around him i put the pressure on and he went wide so i took the inside lane yess took it 2nd wasnt far i thought o myself keep it kool and u will survive.
    So i keep on pushing i made it to second and closing on stiff i was bout 2 seconds off him on the 14th lap he goes to pit on the 15th lap i speed bye tring to get as much lead as possible, i get a 25 sec lead so i pit on the 16th onto the meds so i can get them done 3 laps lata i pit agian to go to softs again as i come out of the pits three racer come chsrging next to me on home straight, i get worried wondering if they r on softs so i gun it outta the pits just makin the gap for second i trail vards for about a lap and a half before he surrenders the position and it was a clear fast run to the finish for the number 1 possie booo yeh(just off the top of my head to relected the race):D:whistling::thumbsup::cool:
    Footlong_warrior and Stiffsht like this.
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Round 2... Had a fire in my belly ( not from the vindaloo for dinner earlier) after the poorest showing in my Rooz Career at round 1. Qualifying went really well starting out of P3 with a PB of 31'4xx. The Start of he race was one of the best I have ever had (thanks to mackay boys) Had to avoid Flash who must have jumped the start off the pole and my change into 2nd was spot on as I pulled along side stiff who had lit up the rears and I had the inside running for T1 and made the most of it by opening a lead up of 2 seconds. Held the lead of the race to lap 6 but the pace of the front row starters was just a little too much for me firstly stiff get by and then flash worked his way back up from as low as 7th go relegate me to 3rd on lap 12 so I just concentrated on running to my number as I was going to run a one stopper. As my tyres started to shred I conceded a spot to chryst and copper with a couple of small errors So I pit at the end of lap 15 in 5th spot put the required amount of go go juice in to finish on vapours and away we go out in 7th. The next few laps are ones of consolidation as I know there will be 2 stoppers in front of me making there second stop to ditch the mediums and run home on softs. I am back in third with 8 laps left and the gap to the 4th place car which is my team mate web is closing rather quickly so I assume he is on the 13-13-3 strategy and am not overly concerned and he dually pits with a few left to run. Again there is a car gaining very quickly in the final laps and I thought it was chryst but when I look behind at the final turn hairpin I see it Dr twist and he is a lapped car so the heart rate drops again and I allow him passed with a lap and half to run.
    So I am ecstatic to finish 3rd on the 1 stop plan and redeem myself not only for myself but for my team mates at RZR
  17. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Nice write up :) .and well done Vards.... Indeed ... I was catching up on the 13 13 3 strat ... But then the second pit stop was cocked up as PS3 decided not to allow me to change to sm ... So I had to put for 3rd time ... Arghhh ... Lost cause on this round
  18. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    great clean racin last nite fellas id say we all struggled at some point:oops: i started ok 1st few laps was slowish but hung in 2nd behind vardz tryin to conserve but it wasnt workin a few stuff ups did did me no favors just got vardz b4 turn 5 about lap7 and tried 2 put in a few good laps about lap12 i could see flash comin by 14 he was there i let him past b4 HELL CORNER:eek: & pitted came out about 6th after last pit tried 2 get back into rhythm it was clean racin in the middle field & good pace so not much time was lost chrystal, Copper, homebrew, crimj1985, Kart No1 & webnomad i think we all had tussles with little paint lost:thumbsup: i was 14secs down as i closed in on vardz again nice clean pass thx m8:thumbsup: then on to "FLASH AHHAHH" he must of ezd abit cos i got him down to 9 secs but pressure came with little mistake after another! top race flash well done m8:thumbsup: .... i just like to say thanks to BHR, knackers (who didnt shut the @#$@ up the whole time)& of course the silly old man who taught me how to make homebrew homebrew:thumbsup: ....& GO BHR BHR BHR :whistling:.... is that 10 lines yet
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Hey @Hatfield I did race last night but was disconnected at lap 17 just shows that I didn't race on the chart?

Shocking night as we updated the room to begin qualifying lightning strikes my house and lose power instantly. Reboot modem and ps3 in a frenzy to arrive into the room with 2m left of qualifying so couldn't even do one lap. Started from the rear and that's about where I stayed got up to about 9th but someone spun in front of me cause me to swerve to avoid hitting the sand and its was all she wrote then I pitted lap 15 went out for 2 laps then the network failed and I was out. Great bunch of guys this season in the room so looking for a much better race next week. Thanks again guys!
    flashfirst and Footlong_warrior like this.