Division 5 season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Good to hear you raced this round @CPTNPEACH. TLR needs someone to rep in Div5. Now get rid of that HTO banner and get a real one:D. You were signed to Turn Left Racing this season:thumbsup:.
    Mister_Bond_747 and CPTNPEACH like this.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    ooohhh crap peach...sorry mate...when I checked the results I basically FF to lap 29 and copied the results from there
  3. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    All good mate and can you get me a banner with my name on it @t_b_williams ?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have updated my copy and it will show after next round.
  5. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Seeing as you asked so nicely, I will see what I can do.
  6. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I qualified 6th for the race out of 13 starters. Had a battle with Kart for the first few corners until kart ran to deep into turn 5 and went to build some sandcastles. Flash ran wide into the sand on Rahal straight gifting me 4th position. I was slowly gaining on chrystalmit in 3rd but I could see flash on a charge and new it wouldn't be long before he was on my rear bumper.
    By Lap 5 flash was all over me and he got the move done at turn 11 and away he went. I had a good gap back to 6th so I pushed on trying to catch 4th and by lap 13 i had vardz in view (must of made a mistake somewhere). Turn 3 on lap 14 vardz went in a bit deep and I managed to get a good run on him into turn 4 and was not up into 3rd but this was short lived as I ran wide coming onto Rahal straight and vardz got by but the he went to hard into the corkscrew and had to take evasive action down through the sand.
    Came into the pits on lap 15 to change onto the mediums for the run home to the flag and rejoined the race in 5th position. Found myself in 3rd on lap 17 after 2 cars pitted for tyres but mad a slight error at turn 4 and crimj took the opportunity to snatch 3rd and with vardz hot on my tail pipe i knew i was in for a battle to hold 4th however coming out of rainey curve my right rear lost grip and sent me off to mow the grass, by the time i got going i was back in 6th and a drag race to turn 1 saw webnomad relegate me back to 7th. By this stage I was hoping there were people in front of me that were planning on stopping again so I just tried to be error free and stick with webnomad. Lap 18 saw chrystalmit pit and I moved into 6th still chasing webnomad (man he's hard to catch and pass), I eventually let him slip away after a couple of mistakes. Lap 23 saw chrystalmit right on my bumper and I ran wide at rainey corner and dropped back to 7th but with kart pitting i was back in 6th with 5 laps to go. Lap 25 saw webnomad pit which moved me back into 5th and with chrystalmit having about a 7 sec gap between us I settled in for the ride home in 5th. I really enjoyed the race and look forward to next week at Silverstone
    Well done to Flash, Stiff and Vardz on the podium
    webnomad, chrystalmighty and Stiffsht like this.
  7. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    ...that was a cool drag race we had... all along the main straight side by side ... :)
    Peter Wise likes this.
  8. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Check out the TLR DIV 5 + 6 conversation @CPTNPEACH. Its in there.
  9. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Thanks @t_b_williams appreciate it. Sorry for not asking nicely before was trying to type quickly at work so the owner didn't see me on here :thumbsup:
    flashfirst and t_b_williams like this.
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I will use it in the photos for the report boys
    webnomad and Peter Wise like this.
  11. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    The tarmac had my name written all over it for Laguna, so I decided to slowly go around trying to read my name. Fun fact: it was written in the sand lol

Starting near the back of the grid was a pain. A good turn out simply means 'how the farq am I going to get around ALL those cars!?!' The answer, don't. Head into the second corner with a touch of the old understeer. Valuable seconds lost around lap 3-4 and I just could not catch the main pack again.

I found some good pace overall but still found time to take the last corner too wide a couple of times which was a huge time killer. The real mistake was doing a 2 pit-stop strategy. Must be something to do with that looooooong pit exit! Amatuer hour lol.

On the plus side I got to shadow Flashfirst for a while there as he lapped me. I mean it took him/ya awhile to catch me, but ya did it ;)

Tip of the hat to the podium. Now go out there and do some bad stuff so karma can kick in for the next race...I'm off to go and help old ladies cross the street and cure cancer :D
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK Guys,

TIRE REGS FOR SPRINT ROUND & TRACK LIMITS

SPORTS SOFT, No pit required.
    WEAR : NORMAL

TRACK LIMITS: As per ROOZ rules, the ripple strip is deemed the extremity of the track, so the run onto the BACK STRAIGHT will mean you CANT use the outside of the track. There is a white line that runs along the exit and that is deemed the track extremity. Drivers continually using the outside of the turn, or anyone gaining advantage OR positions WILL BE PENALISED. This goes for all other corners on the track, IE turn 1 as well.

Cheers
    MOD TEAM
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  13. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    thanks Stu, will amend wear to normal.
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Wright Laguna Seca off as a lost cause. Quailed well enough in 5th and held position for the first few corners despite some attention from Copperj, then got an assist on to the dirt from Footlong and reentered the track 13th then 12th as Footlong redressed behind me but had some work in front of me to have any chance of recovery. Captain Peach had an off on the last turn up to 11. Lap 3 saw Castro spin at turn 3 then Homebrew and Drtwist ran wide at 4 allowed me up to 8 with a big margin to 7 place Crimj but he has an off into the sand heading up to the corkscrew and I'm in 7th. I set me sights on Webnomad who has a big gap on me but by lap 10 I'm on his tail but as my tyres wear he opens the gap again.
    Running a 2 stop strat i stop on lap12 and stay on softs and drop back to 10th. Web stops on 14 promoting me to 9th as I pass him as he exits the pits. A rash of pit stops by drivers in front of me promote me to 3rd and as most drivers seem to be on a 1 stop strat I try to press the advantage of the soft tyres.
    I don't know what went on with the car but despite my best effort the best time I could manage was nearly 1.5 seconds from my best time and about 1 second from my average. Jumped online the next night to test and broke my record on the 3rd lap so buggered if I know.
    My second pit stop killed me and back to 8th then had a brain fade and spin up the hill and tripped up Crimj badly, sorry mate. I unghosted just as you him me. My bad. In the end I finished 10. Pretty disappointed at the times I was doing, can only assume my mind was not on the job. Congrats to flash, stiff and Vardz, also a big thanks to everyone for turning up, was good to have a full room.
    See you on Sunday.
  15. chrystalmighty

chrystalmighty Rookie

PSN ID
    ChrystalmIT
    Just checking, this means we can put 2 wheels over but not 4, or is it no wheels at all?
  16. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    2 wheels on the track at worst
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @VARDZ , Please get me peaches' lap time if you can.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    will have it for you tonight
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Any luck with CPTN's lap time?
  20. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Minister for War Infrastructor Finance and Entertainment requested my presence last night for .... shopping.... will have it fpor you tonight
    Peter Wise likes this.