Division 5 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    He had a great start, I had pole because I had DSCd during the break and should have started 4th. We decided to let the countdown continue and I was to try and redress for Vardz, Readon and Easy. I got to turn one still in the lead and Vardz was with me so I let him through on the inside, I was looking to see where the other two were but they had already been swamped. Cab and Golfer rounded me up as well while I was distracted looking for Readon and Easy. Vardz then had a little problem on lap one and let Cab through into the lead. It was a great first lap for Cab.
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I finished about where I thought I would as I just couldn't get comfortable with this track and car. I had a fantastic dice with Readon in race 1 and also some good racing in race two trying to hold off the faster guys. A couple of them got me at turn one as I tried to redress for starting out of position but I managed to run near the front for a while.
    Raedonwolf, Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Yeah I had a great start in race 2. I did some practice starts in the bit in between as I got swamped in race 1. I felt everyone broke to early and I just went up the inside.

I have to say the racing in this division is top quality. I had great battles with @Footlong_warrior in race 1 and @Blue XR8 and @Stiffsht in race 2. Sorry Stiff but there was no way I was letting you pass. Blue had the pace on this track and threw away race 1. The rest of us are very close in race lap times. We had a few bump and grinds which to me is racing but overall it was top quality. Thanks to all last night.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I probably bunched them up looking to redress to Vardz, Readon and easy.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Round points for the Sprint round
    ............................Race 1....Race 2....Overall......Round Points
    1st..DRZ_Hatfield.....25..........5...............30............25
    2nd..stiffsht...............20.........8...............28.............20
    3rd..BlueXR8.............11.......12.5...........23.5...........17 (FL)
    4th..CAB77................13....... 10..............23.............13
    5th..Footlong..............16........6.5.............22.5...........11
    6th..Golfer..................10........5.5............15.5............10
    7th..Emmo...................9..........4..............13...............9
    8th..Raedon.................8..........4.5............12.5...........8
    9th..Vardz....................7..........3...............10.............7
    10th.Easyprey..............6..........3.5............9.5............6
  6. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    how did get 11 in total points
    i can understand blue getting more with f/l
    i came 3rd then 4th
    everyone got to keep there first race points but me
    i don't understand
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    First race is full points.
    The 2nd race is only half points.
    Your actually finishing position is both results combined,and wherever you sit in the results is your position.
  8. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    i know it's full points for the 1st and half for the 2nd
    i should have got more then 11 in total as everyone but blue got there race one points
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The two races are scored as full points for the first race and 1/2 points for the reverse grid 2nd race.
    BlueXR8 got 11 points for 5th in race 1 and 12.5 for winning race 2 for a total of 23.5
    CAB77 got 13 points for 4th in race 1 and 10 points for 2nd in race 2 for a total of 23
    You got 16 points for 3rd race 1 and 6.5 points for 4th in race 2 for a total of 22.5
    These points are then used to calculate the overall placings for the night and your points gave you 5th.
    There can be anomalies like this where for your finishing 3rd and 4th gives you 5th place overall, it depends where the others finish and because BLU and CAB were right behind you in the full points race and then two and three places ahead of you in race two their cumulative points were greater.
    I had a similar thing last season where a 6th and 7th rewarded me with 8th for the night. frustrating. :confused:
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yeah, you got the rough end of the stick this round, very unlucky mate.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Footlong_warrior
    Just as matter of of interest, if you had got past Stiff to move up one place in race two, that would have given you 24 points overall and moved you up two places to third for the round.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Footlong_warrior
    It is just a fluke that from 5th to 10th places in race one also finished the round in the same places. An example of what I was saying before can be seen with Raedon and I. I finished one place ahead of him in race one and then he finished one place ahead of me in race two. Because race 1 has full points and race 2 has half points I got one point more than him in race one and only 1/2 a point less in race two. I therefore get 1/2 a point more overall and finish the round ahead of him. He beat me by more in race two than I beat him in race one but I still get the place.
  13. Crimj1985

Crimj1985 Rookie

PSN ID
    Crimj1985
    [​IMG]
    In the red box Is that how you make up the round points ?? cause if you are taking race 2 points off overall i think you need to recalculate them and i dont no how many points your giving for FL's...cause iv done some calculating and things dont match up
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    In addition to the above, I believe one of the reasons for race 2 only being half points, is to avoid sandbagging where drivers attempt to start the reverse grid race in first to maximise their chance for a win.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how to score a sprint round.
    Using the points system we use of:
    1st-25
    2nd-20
    3rd-16
    4th-13
    5th-11
    6th-10
    7th-9
    8th-8
    9th-7
    10th-6
    11th-5
    12th-4
    13th-3
    14th-2
    15th-1

Score your first race result as is (for myself it is 1st = 25 pts)
    Score your second race results but halve the points (for me, 6th = 10 pts, then halve becomes 5 pts)
    Add the 2 scores together (for me, 25 + 10 = 30pts)
    Compare the final score with all other drivers.
    Position the drivers on the above points scale dependent on what their overall score is.
    Give the points listed above on the scale for what each driver finished.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Crimj1985
    The points for Hatfield for example are 25 for the win race one and 5 (1/2 points for 6th) in race two. That gives him 30 points for the night which is the highest of all runners, therefore he wins overall and gets 25 points for the win. The fastest lap point is added after the places are calculated, that is how Blu got 17points, that's 16 for third place overall and 1 extra for FL.
  17. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Where are the racing rules posted for the point system. I have looked but I didn't find them. I'm not worried as I'm just here to race and not fussed on much. Might clear up confusion.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No, it looks that way only by coincidence, I'm not taking race two points away from the overall points. I am awarding round points according to the standard points allocation for the place that the overall points puts you in.
    Crimj1985 likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @emmo46 in the case of a tie in points, is it the highest position in race 1? or highest position of the 2 races
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Highest position in race one.
    Hatfield likes this.