Division 6 Season 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 4, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

This isn’t a dig at anyone in particular, and i will post this in every division thread for all to read, and hopefully get the desired effect.....a better racing experience for everyone. I hate the thought of losing even 1 driver, because of bad or desperate driving. Is a win or better result worth it ?

Over the last few rounds, and also season 3, it would appear there has been a general decline in driving standards, and it’s something that can be seen through the number of protests and race incidents brought to the mod teams attention. SOME of these have been shown to be network issues, and this is something we have all battled at some stage through our ROOZ racing. Most protests / complaints however have been through an increase in “dive-bombs, contact, a failure to redress, exceeding track limits or rough driving. Its not cool, and starting to wear thin.

Why are we here? Because we were all sick to death of jumping in a room where some 17 year old feral from a far away country would think it’s cool to drive backwards on the track in his fully sic Veyron, or ram you intentionally just for :):):):)s and giggles. That’s not what ROOZ is about, and certainly not what Justin, Carn and the other ROOZ originals had in mind when they set this place up for us.

We are all for hard racing, whatever the division you find yourself competing in. Some even say that “rubbins racing”, but there is a line where people will get the :):):):)s and walk away, hoping not to get belted by the 17 year old in a room they want to take a chance on, because they couldn’t be bothered with us anymore.

The Mod team hate going through the process of sorting protests, its time consuming and generally ends with one driver feeling gutted. In the interests of fairness we need to have that process, but we also need all drivers to take some responsibility for the way in which they drive, the way in which they pass and the way in which they feel what is fair in getting their best result. A hit up the arse of another driver, without redressing aint cool, and i am sure people know when its happened. I don’t understand why a driver wouldn’t redress at the time.

The mod team has worked its arse off to get the level of support we currently enjoy from our sponsors, and the size of our grids. It goes without saying that all that hard work can end up in the toilet if we aren’t on the same page with what is fair and reasonable. The PSN has undoubtedly had some impact on our racing, but is nowhere near the reason for the number of issues we seem to be getting at the moment. It has also been an issue in every room, from div 1 to div 6.

We ask that everyone take a breath, think about what is fair and reasonable when racing, follow the rules we set to "try" to give everyone the best racing experience regardless of their division or speed, and try to make the racing what we want it to be, hard but more importantly fair. If you havent read the rules and regs please do it. If you have, read it again for a refresher......

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/

As i said at the top of this post, this isnt directed an anyone in particular, but for everyone to have a think about so we can all lift our game, and get back to talking about the great racing that we are all looking for.

If you agree with these thoughts, like the post. It will be seen as 2 things. Acknowledgement you have read what has been said, and secondly you understand that there has be a line drawn in the sand in the interest of OUR league and OUR drivers.

Stu / Mod Team
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Also guys,

we have another new entry for div 6.
    Awsomeguy1996

Please add him to your lists and will see if we can get him on track this week.

Cheers stu
  3. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    @emmo46 Karl was the fastest in qualifying. Got shunted to the back by the mess around getting the room going. I think we decided to just hit start and see what happened, as I noticed that other divs seemed to have finished R1, and we hadn't even started. @Killercarlcox69 The fact you started at the back of the grid, just goes to show how good your race was. No offence, but I personally thought that was a fair handicap to the rest of us ;). In both races you showed in the corner of my screen with FL.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  4. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  6. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    I couldn't see stig
    Can't quote on that sorry
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Maybe purple or stig can shed some light on this.
  8. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Its your only hope
  9. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    I couldn't see Stig either. Could hear him, couldn't see him. And pretty sure I was last in Race 2. I will have a look at my replay tonight. I couldn't see Stig or Dev1l (that I know of). Will post up both results screens.
  10. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    We will have to take stigs word then .
  11. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
  12. PurpleDog

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm going to assume devilman wasn't there, If no one saw him and he hasn't commented that's about all I can assume.
  15. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Its all you can do Emmo , This must be a pain for you .
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No, not really, I don't mind sorting through it. It must have been a messy night for you and your fellow Div 6 guys with invisible runners and the grid being messed up. Setting the pole time and fastest lap in each race it must be frustrating for you to have finished 2nd and 3rd in the events after having to come from the back each time. Unfortunately the way the points are awarded as full for race one and half for race two you ended up in 3rd for the night. You still lead the championship comfortably though.
  17. Killercarlcox69

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    all good , Its what I like about this . there are no sheep stations up for grabs .
    PurpleDog likes this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The round results
    1st Freddyp_33 25pts
    2nd toranaSS 20pts
    3rd Killercarlcox 18pts (pole & FL)
    4th (sooby_scott) 13pts
    5th stigsozcousin 11pts
    6th Purpledog 10pts
    7th Kevkumkwat 9pts
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I will update all championship tables and lap times list tonight
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield