F1 (CM) F1 2016 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sam D Blacklock, Jul 8, 2016.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The toys are out of the pram!
    Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Maybe try using assists on ultimate ?
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    man i want that wheel addon!
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Gamesmen sell it for $260, if you're lucky enough to get one through Chris you'll probably get a ROOZ discount!
    The_Spectre likes this.
  5. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Thanks for alerting me about the Circle function - that's great news.

I agree with everything else everyone has said, with the exception that:
    -There's is really such little point in becoming proficient at a game using assists. It's neither proper expertise or excellence to go fast using a crutch. When I went to the arcade once with my friends, I couldn't stay in front of them consistently just because of the terrible rubberbanding. It was obvious to them and to me, that the faux levelling attributes of assists is what destroys their efficacy, and not the actual function itself - ie. I'm all for using TC to assist driving a car that's a handful to control, but in F1 or many other arcade games, it simply creates a case where the TC user can nail every corner exit, and you might be able to match those corner exits majority of the time, but you'll make mistakes and get snap oversteer, but the other driver won't. It's not proper competition. So back to my point - I'd rather be slow and race on Legend without assists than to literally break the laws of physics on Ultimate.
    -As for me being salty and saying I feel like returning the game, this is coming from a guy that has literally poured his heart and soul in every previous entry, to the extent that I've spent more hours on F1 by Codies than other game I've ever played on console. You might not understand where this saltiness comes from, but my point is that i've achieved everything there is to pretty much achieve and master by playing these games, and I know that it has less to do with skill, and everything to do with your setup. That's why I came back to Gran Turismo in 2014.

This isn't a further point, but just to continue the discussion about the MFD: the problem I have with it is that it's very distracting. It takes a lot of attention away from the race at hand, and yes, this will definitely get better as everyone and me becomes acquainted with it so I can use it without looking or thinking, so maybe I shouldn't be too hard on it yet.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    On medium you still have to take caution accelerating out of corners. It's a lot more natural to emulate what the real F1 drivers are doing rather than baby the throttle in corners where in real life they are easily flat
  7. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Fair enough, and I can't argue on it's merits because I simply have no idea what it takes to drive an F1 car. But I would say that because this is the 6th annual game, and traction control and ABS are not allowed in F1, I think the developers know how much wheel spin and torque these cars produce, so I'd definitely think that no assists at least SHOULD be more accurate, but once again, I can't argue on those merits.

EDIT: Try unlocking the differential to 50-55% to make it easier. That's what I'm using, with 65-70% off-throttle. You'll find that you can emulate what you think F1 drivers do by finding the right setup. It's all to be discovered - adding more downforce, etc.
    EDIT2:
    I need to take another break from posting again because my posts always come off either arrogant, pretentious or overly critical, and I'm not trying to be. I know people get annoyed, so I'll shut up now :)
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    This wasn't explained in the game to me but I just tried something.

You can actually talk to your engineer and they respond to the 'square' information available!!!
    Make sure you have you mic on and not muted, go to track and start driving around, press 'square' and say one of the written commands thats displayed and it will go green if it understand you and the engineer will respond to you.

You don't need to flick thru the options. How good is that!
    Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Ragoo, Benny and I had a crack at what the online championship was like. So far it looks very nice with the customisation you can put at the lobby screen.
    Also here's a tip, if you crash out in practice or qually bad enough you have to sit the rest of it out. The formation lap also if you hit another car like i did it takes over and puts you back to the grid.
    Some crashes where the damage to the front wing really did make a big impact on corner speed.
    its-benny-racer likes this.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Here is a video I made of me doing my career mode, here is the first round at Australia:
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    interesting.

Some of those corners were cut (legally) quite heavily... I thought that would upset the car.
    A lot of the strategy options seem a little confusing however I assume it isn't that hard to pickup with tutorials etc
    Podium isn't very realistic... why is rosberg happy with third?

Also you sound like a lean version of @N64TheStig007
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Great vid Mus, I haven't bought a f1 game in a loooong time, but this looks good and it's good to see a racing game with an interesting single player mode, and what may be possible for a multiplayer series, my question is how does the FFB feel with a wheel, if it's ok I might have a stab at it, as I'm totally over project bugs, and I'm waiting to see what goes down with the AC multiplayer debacle.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Feedback is miles better than any F1 game previous, I can't stop playing it and I've hated Codemasters F1 games.
    If you need an extra incentive to get it I've created a ROOZ championship: http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...orld-championship-ps4.2353/page-8#post-120551
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Part 2:

It's crazy how much your performance can change on a different track on the same difficulty.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    love hearing your happiness at the closely fought 6th haha

first turn was a bit too easy to pickup positions wasn't it?
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah, however 1 hit and your in a uncontrollable spin, and you still need strong pace to hold your positions after the stop.
  17. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Career AI difficulty.
    I always struggle at the start and wanted to get my head around things so I started on medium difficulty, Bahrain practice I bumped it up to hard, but after qually I need to go up another difficulty level.

What level is everyone using for their career mode?
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Legend, Toro Rosso.
    Currently 1st after 2 wins and 60 points
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  19. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Been using Legend difficulty while I get to grips with the game but I'm expecting that as the season goes on I'll bump it up to ultimate.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Legend, need to learn the tracks as I haven't played a Modern F1 game for years, on some tracks I feel like I need higher difficulty though, like Bahrain.

Anyway here is the 4th race at Russia, I track I hate and have no idea what im doing.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Spidey_11 likes this.