Final car poll - Season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 1, 2015.

?

What car would you like for season 6 ?

Poll closed May 10, 2015.
  1. LFA Nurburg Edition

31 vote(s)
    38.3%
  2. Aston Martin V12

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. BMW M3 '07

24 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

The 3 cars put up for the final pole are all very similar. All FR, all with fairly high horsepower figures, all 1500ish kilo's with close to 50/50 weight distribution. IMO they're all just slightly better handling versions of the Camaro from a couple seasons back which in turn will bring with it the fairly standard track list. Now I don't particularly hate any of the cars that have made it and will happily drive whatever comes out on top however it would have been better for one of these 3 cars to be put up against 2 very different cars such as a 4WD and a significantly lighter car.

I'll be on later to do some more testing before placing my vote which will likely end up being the LFA. Ultimately based on its looks and amazing exhaust note as they're more distinguishing features than handling when it comes to these 3 cars.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Very good choices for the poll, would love to see the LFA win it but im not so sure yet ;) M3 to me is a joy to drive but it's one of those cars you take out of your garage to put the pedal to the floor and smoke it up. Aston has a lot of power with it's V12 but the steering is too light for it. Luckily it feels at home on Sports tires. The LFA is a real track car but I found it under steers too much with Sports tires on. My current vote goes to the Aston but i'm not done testing yet :)
    stucar17 likes this.
  3. Whiteracer52

Whiteracer52 Rookie

I will have a drive of the lfa have driven the Aston and found it to be a little tally but I like that and the m3 is ok but like more power
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Well, I've just finished my testing for next season (unfortunately, not as many laps as i would have liked to do). Having driven all 3, I find that the BMW is far to loose in the rear and gets very unsettled over the kerbs. I really liked the Vantage and LFA and I was stuck choosing between them, however in the end I'm going with the LFA because i just find that if you make a mistake in the Vantage because of its weight, it doesn't want to stop/slow down once offline/off track.
    +1 vote for the LFA
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    LFA FOR THE WIN
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Hey Stu, what are you thoughts on you choosing 6 tracks this season, but to decide the final track, you could layout 3-5 or so tracks you think would work for the car, and then letting people vote for which track they want?
    Just an idea i've never seen thrown around before :thumbsup:
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

I've tested all and the BMW get my nod. While not that powerful, it's a very balanced car that will require smooth driving to get the best out of it.
    The LFA comes a close second but if the season regs are sports tyres on 'Very Fast' wear, I can see problems with excessive tyre wear trying to keep this beast in check.
    The Aston sounds great but is a little too heavy for my liking. Makes for some huge tank slappers out of Eau Rouge.
    Vote 1, the Beemer.
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The wear was just on 'very fast' purely for testing so we could see what it was like once the tires went off. I can almost certainly guarantee it wont be the same for the season races.
    We will decide all 7 tracks mate. A poll for the final track polarizes people and with so many entries (pushing 100) you inevitably end up with a large number not getting what they want anyway. With the 20 odd seasons we have run, we havent ever run into an issue with this, and i dont think its something that needs to change.
    Peter Wise, leeboy910 and Beau_Albert like this.
  10. Pughiez

Pughiez New Recruit

Beemer will do.
  11. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Am I right in thinking that the LFA wears its rear tires faster than the fronts, and the opposite is true for the other two?
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Depends on the track.
  14. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    Let's go Aston Martin v12 on either SS or RH
  15. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    LFA gets my vote
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I've found the Aston has the best wear of all 3 cars. More even wear across all 4 tyres (depending upon circuit as Mustafur says, also on driving style) and it holds on a lot better than the other 2 when the tyres are worn. Much easier to keep a hold of with worn tyres, very stable too as it tends to lose longitudinal grip before lateral grip...this is probably why people think it feels heavy as you notice it most under brakes.
    The LFA will product the most unpredictable results as it becomes quite unstable when tyres start to wear...makes for more mistakes which might be fun :)
    I'd be happy with either of these cars. I voted for the Aston simply because the performance of the car has the least drop off when tyres start wearing. Depending on wear rates and fuel usage, a 50 lap race could be done in either 2 or 3 stops and be almost as quick either way which would make for some really interesting strategy.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  17. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Coming to the conclusion that the BMW is better than the LFA
  18. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

19. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    So it looks like we won't see the level of wear rate imbalance of the RX-7 TC.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I found the LFA wears its tyres significantly more evenly compared to the aston, this was at Apricot hill, it obviously wears more because its much faster though but when we did 10 mins at Fast wear at Apricot hill the LFA felt similar to what it did at the start just with a little less grip where as the Aston was starting to feel like a V8 Ute, and much harder to control its wear rate as its more slidy, it's fronts wear more compared to the rears so it gets quite understeery at the higher speed corners then really taily off the low speed corners more so then already when it's tyres don't have any wear on it.

The M3 I haven't really drove in the last week though, but honestly the LFA feels the best, I would suggest going for Normal wear though.

Considering it has over 100HP more then the RX7 TC and about 500kg heavier with Not as much Aero to keep it glued it will wear more naturally.
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    G1bby3lit3, Tanktex and Ad2mny like this.