GT6 GOLD HI-TEC OILS SUPER GT SEASON III

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jun 2, 2015.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    WEATHER CONDITIONS ROUND 2
    http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/Japan/Tsukuba-Circuit.aspx
    Track start time is 15:30 so settings will be as follows
    • WEATHER : 40%
    • WATER : 40%
    • CHANGABILITY : 2 TIMES
    BRING YA WETS BOYS AND LADY
    PLEASE TRY TO THE RACE UNDERWAY BY 8:10 TO ASSIST THE GTPES BOYS IN THERE EFFORTS TO QUALIFY​
  2. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Everything ok with me racing the honda tonight?
    JonoStan96 and VARDZ like this.
  3. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    fine by me. anyone else?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yep should be
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Yeah Dan... You are a part of the KEIHIN RACING TEAM...
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Sooooo everyone's ok with early start? Room will be up around 7:20, Quali at 7:55, Race start at 8:10. Is this alright?
    Also, due to the nature of GTP, anything can happen, so in the case Jono needs to quickly bail out and assist in GTP, i'll be hosting tonight :thumbsup:
    warrior2167 and VARDZ like this.
  7. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Fantastic racing tonight with Dan, i gave it 110% and you just proved to be the better man in the dying laps!! Shame i couldn't of held off for another 6 minutes!! First lap was a bunch of fun even if it was a little chaotic, required just a bit of opposite lock too!! :p
    [​IMG]
    HSV should struggle next week, so the Honda's reign should finally end. Albeit, i hope not! See you next week guys!

Q1: Dan Q2: Dan
    Warrior DSC Lap 9. FL: 50.739
    T_B_Williams DSC Lap 67. FL: 50.747

1st. TRL_Holl01 72 laps FL 49.742
    2nd. BeauAlbert6 72 laps FL 49.809
    3rd. R0T0R-AU86 72 laps FL 50.210
    4th. N64TheStig007 72 laps FL 50.059
    5th. Mustafur 72 laps FL 50.111
    6th Razor4797 71 laps FL 50.566
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    warrior2167, emmo46 and MetalGear9493 like this.
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Fuji F or Fuji GT?
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    check my tables. It says GT, which (for those of you playing at home) is the one without the chicane
    VARDZ and Beau_Albert like this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    The battle between Albert and myself was some of the best racing I've had playing GT6, amazing race all round, I knew I was going to have a small window at the very end to have a chance to pass Albert, as he pitted a lap early than I did in his bid to maintain the lead at half race distance, mysteriously I lost 3 seconds somewhere during the pit stop, more than I bargained for, so latching on to the back of Albert once more took well over 20 minutes of pure time trial pace.

The pass I made was oppurtunistic, he got out of shape at the fast right left during T2, and I took the outside line for the following tight right hander, nailing the exit. Hope to have some more intense racing at Fugi GT this week, cheers!
    Beau_Albert and Hatfield like this.
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  14. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Q1 & Q2 Pole : TRL_holl01
    [​IMG]
    Mustafur: (DSC Lap 32) 1:29.845
    [​IMG]
  15. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    After grabbing pole with some half decent Q2 laps, I knew it was going to be a tough ask to break the slip stream at the start from the cars behind me with my under-powered HSV, and sure enough I was passed by warrior at the conclusion of the first lap.

A few laps later warrior had a moment during the fast right kink after T2, which caused him to wander off track, or close to it, but as he regained control, I moved over to far and nudged him off again, I wasn't 100 percent sure who's fault it was so I decided to wait for him, and in doing so, relegated myself to 3rd behind Mustafur. During the ensuing skirmishes, I came out worse and soon found myself in 4th, 5+ seconds behind warrior, who managed to filter back up to P1.

Shortly after I found myself in 3rd, Mustafur was proving difficult to pass though as he was crushing me down the straights, both of us weren't getting anywhere fast, thankfully for my sake, he realized this too and proceeded to bump draft me down the straights instead of overtaking in a bid to get atleast 1 of us closer to warrior. A few laps later I was in clear 2nd but still a distant 5+ seconds off, but by the end of the 1st stint I slashed that almost in half.

The start of my second stint was sloppy, and the gap was pushed back out to 3.5-4 seconds with 20 minutes to go as I made a bad error 2 comers after T2 split, very close to losing it.

I knuckled down again and began finding some consistent low 29's that was slowly chipping away at warriors lead, and when we both approached tb williams with less than 5 minutes to go, I was hoping for some slip stream luck to go my way to bridge the deficit even further, which was at that stage about 2.5-3 secs. This occurred somewhat, and after I passed williams, I was just over 2 seconds behind with a shot at the win with 3 laps remaining.

At the start of the penultimate lap I had a chance to pass warrior, but the timing was unfortunate and wasn't able to get the right exit angle to clear his car, but this was probably for the best as most likely he would have regained it back again later in the lap down the straight. At the start of the final lap, i was in a much better position than the last lap and edged passed warrior who was defending the inside, warrior slightly out-braked himself in his desperate bid to hold on to P1, leaving a straightforward switchback overtake to execute, the rest of the lap was mistake free, and took the chequered flag after an hour of instense racing! Cheers
    warrior2167, Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  18. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Well done Dan, for me I didn't leave any time out there, not even 8 tenths over the whole 2nd stint. When that gap went back out again in the 2nd stint, I thought that was my chance, but ultimately the gtr's pace just fell away in the last few laps and I had nothing left to defend the position
  19. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Thought I might make a video of the fastest lap, and final 5 minutes of the race at Fugi, here it is!

JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    @warrior2167 hey mate, do you mind hosting this one?
    Myself and @N64TheStig007 will be busy with the Nurburgring 24hours, i believe Jono will be racing during this time, and my 4 hour stint won't finish until 8:00 on the dot.... so i will be racing, but i may miss qualifying. If i'm not in the lobby by 8:15 or so though, i'll just need to sit out. :oops: