GT6 GOLD HI-TEC OILS SUPER GT SEASON III

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jun 2, 2015.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    UPDATE AS TO THE WEATHER FOR ROUND 4. THE RACE WILL COMMENCE AS IT DOES IN THE REAL WORLD EVENT.... ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON
  3. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yes, I can host.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Awesome race last night even if it proved slightly disappointing for me! :unsure:
    Starting 2nd i got a slightly better initial jump on dan and was hoping to challenge on the run to Eau Rouge but unfortunately i was on the receiving end of TB's misjudgment and ended up at the very back at turn 1 :cry:
    Soon it became an all out war between the 3 Nissans and the Honda as Myself, Warrior, Rotor and Razor were all left scrambling over one another and many cool overtakes were had!! However eventually i knew i was much faster than warrior but wasn't able to find a way around, so i came in well in advance to everyone else and it worked out perfectly with a 10 second gap to him when the 1st round of stops were done. :D
    I continued to push on to close the gap on dan and lap after lap i was able to reduce the margin he had managed to build up and by the time he did his one and only stop i had gotten to the front! However once my 2nd stop had taken place, i was left 20 seconds behind Dan, and i knew i had to push as hard as i could and go full :alien:.
    Sadly i pushed a bit too hard and dipped a wheel on the grass at Blanchimont and the car snapped harshly to the right and there was nothing i could do but be a passenger to perhaps the most violent crash i've had in a league race! :confused:
    Thank the lord for Light Damage room settings! :inlove:
    From there wasn't really able to recover the time and places i lost, and then slightly underfueling topped off my night, albeit it did allow me to improve on my Fastest lap time. In the end i managed a total of 6 laps that were good enough to take the fastest lap of the race, something i am very, very happy about it :)
    Well done on the title Dan, well deserved. Perhaps next season i'll be able to give you a run for your money once more :rolleyes:
    warrior2167 and MetalGear9493 like this.
  5. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    I don't really know what happened at turn 1 but I was shunted quite violently and forced onto the dirty tarmac, Rotor managed to pass me a few times but after a few laps I settled into a commanding lead and from that moment on I knew, barring multiple massive 360 degree failures, the race was in the proverbial bag.

I knew very early on that a 1 stopper was going to be more than do-able as my fronts were holding quite nicely so It was a case of trying to stay focused, especially during the last half hour as there was minimal to zero chance of losing, nor shooting for the fastest lap, time can draw out like a blade.

Hope the next installment of HTO can have a little more participants, but sadly I doubt it there will be with the likes of Project Cars taking up more of the lime light, regardless, always a pleasure, cheers!
  6. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I didn't have contact with anyone in the first corner and only overtook you once? I had to dodge someone that was turning around after they touched the grass on the exit of T1.. also I still think the HSV had way too much power for the series... In the T12, 13, 14 (Pouhon and Campus) the honda pulled a 1 second gap to the GTR it was ridiculous!

Didnt enjoy this series so much this time....
    razor4797 and seth123 like this.
  7. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Q1 & Q2 Pole TRL_holl01

Race Results: 41 Laps
    1st:TRL_holl01 1:31:39.879 (2:11.546)
    2nd: warrior2167 + 2.439 (2:11.691)
    3rd: ROTOR_AU86 + 19.552 (2:11.804)
    4th: BeauAlbert6 + 23.899 (2:10.680)
    5th: razor4797 + 1:35.987 (2:13.240)
    6th: t_b_willimas + 3 min (2:13.316)

Fastest Lap: 2:10.680 (Beau)

Well done dan, fantastic drive once again. I thought you had run out of fuel just before the line, but you just rolled out of it.

I enjoyed that race, early on I had my own maldonado moment on lap 2 by spinning out of les combes, thankfully I had a quick recovery only losing about 4 seconds. Then followed a great battle between Beau for a number of laps before he dove for the pits around the 20 minunte mark.

2 stop was the only option for the GT-R, so 1st stop was at 30 min. Undercut worked a treat against rotor and now I had to push hard to reduce the gap to Dan and Beau.

For the 2nd Stop I had to cover Beau and Rotor and came in a lap earlier and I was now a couple seconds closer to Beau in 2nd. My pace was very good in the 3rd stint, putting down 8 consistent laps in the 2:11.8's and 9's. The gap was slowly coming down to the leader, but I didn't think it would be enough and only a miscalculation in fuel would stop Dan.

However I was the one who miscalculated and was about 1 Litre short, so I had to call off the chase, but the time was still coming down to Dan and it was almost a battle of who wont run out, in the end he just had enough and looking back at the replay, he had more than enough and didn't have to save at all.

Thanks @VARDZ for a great series it was great to drive the gt500 gtr agian because it took me to my first Sunday League title.
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sorry guys. I am always cautious into T1 in any race and last night was no different. I was on the brakes early but nothing happened. By the time my pedals reacted and braked the car it was too late. I did try and put the car in a gap between two other cars but it wasn't big enough and made contact. Might have to pull them apart and give them a clean out. The brake has been sticking intermittently, but this is the first time they haven't responded to inputs,
    JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  9. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Ah ok I thought it was just once but wasn't sure. I didn't save the replay.

The HSV could be faster, not really sure as I didn't drive the other cars, but using the excuse that you were beaten by a superior car is a bit of a cop-out to be honest, you just weren't good enough on the day, possibly due to lack of practice, driving other games causing rhythm loss. Those excuses seem more realistic and justifiable.
  10. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    No, actually I am basing my assessment not only the first race but the rest of the season, not the fact I didn't do too much practice for Spa, but the other tracks I did practice. It was clear from where I was sitting, from round one the HSV walked away from the GTR and it had slip stream... I had even jumped in the HSV and it was faster.... The HSV vs the GTR was a touch uneven I think personally. This is just IMO, you can think want you want.
    seth123 and razor4797 like this.
  11. MetalGear9493

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Well you're just disrespecting the event creator, suggesting that he got the balance wrong with equalising the cars, there's simply no need to even bring that up, even If it is remotely true. If there were any differences in performance, it certainly wouldn't have been enough to, lets say lose the slip stream at Spa, for that to happen you have to basically lose 5 tenths to a second in 1 sector, which is too large a time loss to call out a discrepency in performance between the cars.
  12. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Why brother with this guys? To me cars even some cars suits tracks better than others, just have fun that's what where here for
  13. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    ... Have a think about that for a minute Dan. I could go on how one specific person who is meant to be a role model to the community acted like a child because he didn't get his way. Look I am not going to get in a argument with you. I was merely stating my opinion that it was slightly out and that's it... I brought it up with him from round 1 and he was aware of it. I meant no 'disrespect' to the creator of the event and he knows this. I gave full credit where it is due and I think he has done a fantastic job the last 3 seasons which I have driven in, and I thank him for giving his time to and effort make it happen.

End of discussion.
    razor4797 and seth123 like this.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Boys I agree I missed the mark slightly on the HSV ... I didn't have higher skill level tester as I have had in previous season ...my #1 was off creating a new life for himself...selfish thing he is ;). I tried to a lot of it myself with help from guys across all divs. :( Bad call on my part... But there will be another instalment HTO that will be awesome!!!
    B-Spec Bob and R0T0R-AU86 like this.
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
  16. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Dont worry about it mate! To be honest I was a little sad there was only a few weeks and didnt go for longer! Looking forward to the next series mate! :) keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Next series on PCars?
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I do have an idea for PCars when i eventually get on there ... maybe after Xmas though
  19. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield