GT6 GT Academy - Live events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Stumbles, Mar 3, 2014.

1. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    That's what cost me a chance the first time. I was 19 at the time and could't get full licence.
    Different states have different licence laws. I think the earliest you get can get one is 19.

I think in New Zealand you can get one 18, so If you come to Australia could you get the equivalent one here at an earlier age, I've got no clue on how that stuff works anyway.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    WA you can get your license at 17 as far as I know...I was 17 when I got mine...that was a fairly long time ago though LOL.

Warrior you'd walk into the final either way mate! Mustafur and Anon would be a fair show as well.
  3. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    According to the T&C posted by stumbles anyone who's competed at the race camp is out, unfortunate for holland

I'm also looking at the licence laws here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_licence_in_Australia and it says you got to be 22 in Victoria to get an unrestricted licence. "damn"
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Are you, Mus and I all born in 1991 because if we are we are the age bracket they are looking for eg under 25
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Lol 22 in vic never realise how diff the laws are in states, remember when I was looking at the speed limits as well.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    i was born in 1991, but they are not exactly looking for under 25, the 2011 winner for the US was 30.

If your fast your fast, i doubt they would choose a younger guy if a mid 30s guy just destroyed the competition.
  7. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Damon Hill didn't start F1 until he was 31...didn't win his title until he was 36...not that he was THAT good.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. sKuNkYz

sKuNkYz New Recruit

in nz your able get learners at 15 after 6 months you can get restricted i think u stay on restricted for 18 months but if you do a defensive driving course it cuts it down to like 12 months on restricted, so in theroy can have your full liscense at 16 lol
    warrior2167 likes this.
  9. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    wonder if they include my one season and one round in national drifting championships as national competition...not quite two years but did compete over a two year period.... hmmm not even sure they would count drifting...
    doubt ill get that far anyhow, im a fair way from race ready both physically and on outright pace.

Cant win the lottery without buying a ticket!
    warrior2167 likes this.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Yer im definitely working fitness wise going bike riding every afternoon
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I find it funny that top gear do an episode on cycling just when i take up on it, man it hurts your butt lol.

A 1 hour each way bike ride to work when your unfit seriously breaks you lol.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Yer I brought the Girlfriend with me on my ride (never again) she complained about her arse took me all of 5 mins to pedal hard and get away from it
  13. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Keep at it Musta. It DOES get better.
    Once you get used to it you should be able to ride without getting too sore.
    I did an 8 hour ride last year (200km) and actually felt better than when I've only done 100km's (go figure)...

Just make sure the bike is setup to fit you correctly or no matter what you do you'll be sore!
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Just using a mountain bike i bought from gumtree for $50, handle bars are too low and can't be adjusted, but overall not to bad.

Once im comfortable with the work commute ill add some more riding to my training.
    DoogleDave likes this.
  15. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Padded cycling shorts are worth the investment Musta. You can get some now that just look like shorts in case you don't want to getting your lycra on!!
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Where do you.get those from?
  17. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Lingerie section in Big W LOL
    JonoStan96 and KoAStR like this.
  18. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Most decent cycle shops will have them - particularly if they sell MTB's

If you're in Sydney take a look at Bikebug (assuming you want to try before you buy)...
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Online at Wiggle, Cell Bikes, and many others.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Damn, I guess I'm out thanks to my repeated jaywalking charges...