GTS S9 - Fastest Laps & Race Times

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Matthyus, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I hear div 1 need drivers for the last 2 rounds.
    Hatfield, Noxrai, Ozglenn and 2 others like this.
  2. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Nemo told me he's keen to move up
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    while I do like this idea, it's hard to judge on a track not many people have done a lot of laps on especially one so long
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  4. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Practice.
    The question
    Do you at lease ask them.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    They are each battling for a championship. To be fair all contenders for the championships should be in the same room.
    Apex_64 and Easyprey007 like this.
  6. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Twisting your words, but yes let's put all championship contenders together in the same room. Best man wins. My money is on Keedan still :p
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

My fastest lap last round isn’t comparable to others. I was comfortably quicker than the rest of div 4 due to Xtrem and Scooby pulling out. As a result the only thing that kept me going for 90 minutes was trying to better my fastest lap. I pitted a total of 5 times including on the penultimate lap so was running fresh softs and low fuel. I did however have a theoretical time of a 3:15.2 ;)
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  8. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Leaving the field for dead by lap 3 or 4 is worthy of moving divs is my opinion.
    We are professional drivers here and some have been driving for long time some a short time.
    The New Competitors (In general) are the ones we need to stay not intimidate in showing wow this is too hard,
    Keeping divisions honest in speed and ability is a must.
    I am proud of racing in RACEONOZ.
    A wise man once said to me (Not that I really want to quote him)
    It does not matter if you are blind just race to your ability,
    I am and always will be bottom 10 of the league but I am Very proud to be here.
    Keep divisions Honest Move drivers Up and move drivers down if needed.
    It may not be the View of others but it is mine.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Now while I do agree with your statement, there is a flip side to this discussion.
    If I may.
    In CAGM's case, he missed Rd1.
    Raced Rd2, came 4th a few secs in front of you. This lined up with my assessment of his pace.
    That assessment was this. During the last few seasons that CAGM had raced, his performance had waned and was now struggling to perform in D3 / 4. Given that CAGM had several seasons away from GTS and Rooz, I placed him in the lower division with people of his current pace.
    Rd3 - He won by a nose hair, working the group / team strategy to pull away.
    Rd4 - 2nd, a few seconds in front of 3rd..
    Rd5 - 1st, by a country mile. 1 thing to remember here is that Enduro races exacerbate speed / pace differences between racers.
    Now with 2 races left, it would be unfair to either CAGM or Xtreme to be moved up a division. Would you liked to be moved up a division when you are close to a division win? I know I wouldn't.
    With the benefit of hindsight, yes both of these racers should have been in D3. And yes, likely I'll move both of them up next season.

The only way to have racers against the same paced racers each week is to introduce weekly qualification sessions like we did for our test season. This would enable a closer competition. Lots of Admin work needed though and additional qualification sessions would be needed. But happy to talk about it..

It also asks the question, why are we here.
    Are you in it for the prizes, or are you here to race like minded people in a close clean competition.
    I'm here for the latter, hence why I put my hand up to help even the comp out.
    It works some days, others not so much.

On that 'test' season idea though, @Hatfield what would you think of making the season twice as long or even 1 season per year, but alternate what happens on a Sunday night. IE RD1 would be stretched over 2 weeks. Week 1 (Sunday) Qualification sess. Week 2 (Sunday) Race, rinse repeat. To race, you must qualify.
    Points awarded based on overall and TBD (I can't think of how we can have divisions this way, not right now anyhow), if someone else can provide their 2 cents here that would be appreciated.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    In just about every season I have raced over the last almost 6 years there has been somebody who performs a div or two higher than they are placed. It is just the way thing go and very hard to manage. Different track and cars suit different people. I performed well at St Croix but I know the track and it suits my style. A hell of a lot of practice and strategy helped. The week before I was pathetic at Red Bull where I thought I would do well but sure didn't. If we race the same car at the same track each week it would be easy to sort the divs, but we don't.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think @Matthyus is doing a splendid job of managing the division allotments working with the data he has.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    what happens if someone is going to miss qually 1 but can make race 1? our division numbers would be less I think :(
    Apex_64 likes this.
  13. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Ok I will have to keep my thoughts to myself from now on.
    Matthyus likes this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    why?
    someone providing a response with other points of view isn't a reason to keep your thoughts to yourself.
  15. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    You are doing a great job.
    Amount of Practice, Season car, Track difference and Sandbagging will always effect your accuracy.

Sometimes less is more.
    NFL with 16 rounds has this concept down pat.
    NHL is 82, and the games are cheapened by the over saturation.
    Possibly a 5 round season will retain numbers.
    1 Spare week before could used for a "lightning Championship" before season. Say 3x15 min races at 3 of the most different season tracks. If there was a "Lightning Championship" with reward it might sort speed out for some of the hurdles above.

Don't do that I will look even worse for spewing mine out all over the forum :x3:
    Buster_Danis, emmo46 and Easyprey007 like this.
  16. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Already won, dunno what your talking about :laugh:

You maybe call me a 9x champion if you like lol
    emmo46 and Easyprey007 like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    don't have an ROC yet do you?
  18. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Nope lol, still not good enough to win that :roflmao:
    Hatfield likes this.
  19. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Well you are definitely fast enough haha
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Never do this.
    Talking through conversation is the only way to find things out.
    TBH it is all I've done today.
    I talk a lot in case you hadn't noticed.
    I would say, continue to have the divisions via data in the back end.
    My question to the community is how do we entice someone in a lower division to race?
    We can all pretty much guess who will take out the overall championship. ..
    Buster_Danis likes this.