GT6 HI-TEC OILS Super GT Series Silver

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jan 2, 2015.

1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well Im pretty sure everyone spun during the race, so with 55min to go, was still plenty of time to come back, particularly with your pace.

I spun with 15 to go and dropped back down the field. But others made mistakes and which allowed me to move back up... so you should never give up! :)
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  2. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Yes I had a self inflicted spins my self but then I had a helping bumper spins also so wasn't the best night for me but I did still enjoy ed the racing maybe next week will be my week ? If every one drops 100 bhp lol
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    lol, you drove past me like I was 100bhp down, while doing some serious rubbin with Bryan!
    Blindman likes this.
  4. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    1 - Bryan - 2:22.171
    2 - Aussie - 2:22.763
    3 - Saved - 2:22.816
    4 - Slambo - 2:23.730
    5 - S_close - 2:23.009
    6 - Nat - 2:23.824
    7 - Groover - 2:23.729
    8 - Naacs - 2:23.465
    9 - Blindman - 2:22.722
    10 - Seeeeth - DCS + pole ~2:22 flat
    aussief1 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so did seth get FL too?
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Bryan had FL, not sure what FL seth got, will try to remember to check later, as he left on lap 3?

edit: I see my post is a little confusing... I meant that his pole time was a 22 flat in Q1. Quite impressive!
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Seeeeth only completed the first lap - 2:28:517
  10. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Thanks for the fine work putting all the results together @emmo46 and @Hatfield , is greatly appreciated.

Can't say I enjoyed backing the field up during the opening stages, but I figured my only chance at getting near the podium was desperately trying to save front tyre in the middle sector, then sprinting out of bus-stop & LaSource to rebuild a gap.

I over-did the conservation though, I was turning Low-24's most of the race, but still managed a high-23 on the last lap!

Bring on the Daytona Drag-Race with 3x Hairpins!
  11. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Dunno about Daytona... I'll have to see about the GTR pace in some mock races, but I feel I'll be a sitting duck again as soon as we exit the infield.
  12. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Turns out there is quite a lot of information out there for sticky G27 pedals, and the potentiometers can be taken apart and cleaned. Not wanting to go through much more trouble than required, just ended up switching the brake and clutch pedal, hence the potentiometer. Should be alright now for the next race, although I won't be near as strong as I would have been in Spa.
    Will be a happy camper if they just work right.

@Slambobagan
    I'm looking forward to the next time we meet at Spa, second time we have battled down to the line in the last lap. Still 2-0 in your favour :)
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Sure it feels better to win, but you both end up winning in this case as you found what every online racer should want. A close clean adrenaline pumping battle
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  14. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Yes I remember season 2 in the macca, just hung on there in this one I thought u had me but managed to sneak it back in the inside. Was awesome watching the final 3 laps on the replay.

Same thing happened a few weeks ago to my g27 pedals, I just sprayed contact cleaner in the pots and blew them out with compressed air they have been working fine since.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  15. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Just watched the replay and was so disheartening observing the blinking brake lights flicker down the straights, not to mention that bloody awful engine sound lol.
  16. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

17. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    This sux with the penalty system i couldnt even race last week at spa as soon as there was a straight i was getting past like it was nothing and now im getting more of a penalty down to 401 hp and on a track where more than half of it is straight. Well bring on last place
  18. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Yes i'm in the same boat(GTR) - thought the penelities were more based on each race performance not where you were on the ladder - really means we have no chance to be in the mix for the rest of the event.
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Here are the updated pens for Daytona. The addition of half the pen from the previous round has been removed to even things up:
    [​IMG]
    skywalker likes this.
  20. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

So penalties are purely based on championship standings now?

Mwuhahaha my plan to totally suck at Motegi and be last with almost no points is working beautifully! !
    Blindman likes this.