GT6 HI-TEC OILS Super GT Series Silver

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Jan 2, 2015.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yes unlike season 1 of HTO penalties are based off championship standings opposed to race standings. However if your saving yourself for a big comeback in the double points Bathurst enduro do remember all penalties will be halved for this round.
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Yeah, maybe the trottle will get stuck this time instead of the brake :roflmao:
  3. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    So first place only carries a 1.5s penalty into the final round? If so game on for Daytona boys ;)
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Thats correct
  5. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Looking like I'm off to the actual Bathurst 12hr in a couple of weeks fellas, so I'll miss the last round.
    All stops pulled for Daytona then!
    Blindman likes this.
  6. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Have fun mate we did it a couple of years ago and also did the v8 race drive on the Monday well worth it if you can afford it .
    natmanscoop likes this.
  7. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Should be a good weekend, looking fwd to it.
    The V8Race stuff is booked out for the Monday, and besides, I'd rather plough that $999 into my own track car, rather than 4 laps driving someone else's!
  8. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Yer but you can flog it around Bathurst like you stole it!
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    HI-TEC OILS SUPER GT SERIES ROUND 3
    24 HOURS OF DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY ROAD COURSE
    • RACE DURATION 1 HOUR TO COVER A 24 HOUR PERIOD
    • TYRES : ANY RACING
    • TYRE WEAR : NORMAL
    • 1 MANDITORY PIT STOP
    • RACE START TIME 11am with TIME PROGRESSION at 24
    • WEATHER AS PER REAL WORLD LOCATION.
    http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Rac...ca/Daytona-International-Speedway.aspx?sday=2

• ROOM OPEN FROM APPROX 7.30 PM AND Q1 STARTING NO LATER THAN 8.15 PM
    • HI-TEC OILS QUALIFYING Q1 WILL CONSIST OF AN OUT LAP + 3 LAPS 2 - 3 & 4 ONCE EVERYONE FINISHES THEIR Q1 CONTINUE AROUND TO THE PIT ENTRY AREA AND WAIT THE THE SESSION TO BE COMPLETED. ONCE THE Q2 QUALIFYERS ARE CONFIRMED, COMPLETE YOUR CHANGE OF TYRES AND START Q2 WHICH WILL BE AN OUT LAP + 3 LAPS.
    • IF THE TOP QUALIFYIER FROM Q1 DESIRES HE HAS THE OPTION OF BEING THE FINAL CAR TO START Q2
    • PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CAR SET AT THE CORRECT BHP LEVELS WHETHER STOCK OR AT THE PENALISED LEVEL.
    [​IMG]
  10. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    A race to forget for me! Was fairly happy to do a high 50 in quali for a spot near the front of the grid. However, being surrounded by mercs there wasnt anything I could do to defend the tow I'd give around into the bus stop.

Blindman got past really easy and then there was nothing I could really do to get past and stay in front. I was losing a lot of time to the front runners, and was having to adjust my line a lot. I was finding I was much quicker through the bus stop, however trying to get a good run through there on lap 5? was the start of the end. Took too much kerb on the entry and ran onto the grass. Waited around a little for the pack to go through, although probably should have given Stu more time, sorry!

It seemed like I could make a reasonable come back, maybe for a 5/6th place. Was putting in consistent high 50s and catching Stu / Seth fast. However, once I caught traffic it was just so hard to get a good pass done. Decided to pit early to jump seth, as I'd been trying for some laps to pass and it seemed futile with the Mazda been quicker in the high speed sections. I needed to break the slipstream!

The pit stop paid off, and in fact I was on the back of naacs. But alas shot myself in the foot again getting on the throttle to early outa the hairpin. Dropped back behind Stu again. From there I made a few more mistakes just pushing too much.

Probably my worst race since my first season in rooz. Although, I did enjoy the battles even if we were going slow!

Well done podium. Looks like the championship fight is on, with slambo leading the way. Might be a case of winner takes all in the final round at Bathurst! Mind you I'd been enjoying driving the Audi (3hr race) more so than the Nissan round the mountain.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

:):):):) does that mean I have 3%, sucks this is exactly what happened last season was leading the championship into the double points race with the highest penalty and couldn't fight for the win.

My race started bad got a good run on the s-close z4 into the bus stop had to button off missed my turn in ran wide dropped back and got tagged into the braking zone t1 touch the grass and spun, was a hell of a fight to get back up to 2nd from 9th, the merc was just untouchable in the slip stream even with the power penalty I had.
    Well done white racer massive lead and too fast.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yes the Merc is very fast in the slip stream! Looks like a merc won in every room this round. Still well done on the come back :)

Penalties are halved for final round. So its 1.5% ;)
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I really struggled to keep the pace at night and Slambo caught me. Once the sun made an appearance I got over excited and had my only off in the bus stop, which was enough to put me at mercy of a three car train coming behind. With the track fully visible again started to lap again in the 50s easily and catch them, but all of this happened in the last few minutes and the chance of recovering was gone.
    Good win for whiteracer, could not stay with him once he managed to get me off his slipstream, SLS are too fast and the Z4 just lacks that long straight speed.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    Footlong_warrior likes this.
  14. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

1.5% ohh that's all good then.
    Was opposite for me I couldn't even get into the 50s in the day but at night after my pit stop was punching out consistent low 50s, made up a lot of ground when There's clear track and no one in your mirrors. I'm lucky I didn't have to battle with other mercs managed to get by them in my pitstop, had a good couple of scraps with natmans gtr, caught me quick too at the end I was struggling on my worn tyres .
  15. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Can't imagine why penalties are halved for Bathurst. If you look at the results in the Copper room, 4 of the top 5 finishers are the ones that had penalties. The other driver with penalties did not race. With penelties halves it seems the rest of us have no hope of a result.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  16. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yes but there are a few drivers in your room, who really should have been driving in bronze or silver. But its always hard to get right with a lot of new comers.
    VARDZ and Blindman like this.
  17. Whiteracer52

Whiteracer52 Rookie

Thanks for letting me race was lucky had a good qualifying at the start just tried not to make any mistacks and stick to my brakemarkers s_close was right up my backside at the start so very happy to get the win
  18. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Yes that was fairly enjoyable race even with all my slip ups well done to the podium and aussie dropping out and having to start from last great drive I think you were the only one that could of took it to white racer for the victory .i had some good battles but just wasn't consistent enough . Now I would like to promote serge into my finishing position and relegate myself to serges finish position on the run to the flag serge got an AWSOME run out of the bus stop and was coming at me fast ! I was a bit hard with my defence of my position and I'm certain serge would of got me to the line if it wasn't for my aggressive defence .cheers !:cool:
    Kart-No-1 and VARDZ like this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    are you sure about the position change? If you changed your line once I think it's ok...@vardz what is your rule on last lap blocking?
  20. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Yes hat all good mate please proceed with the switch thank you .
    Watto64 likes this.