Next Level Racing Team Discussions

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Benjamin J Smith, Jul 29, 2014.

?

Run set colours or own colours ( NLR only)

Poll closed Aug 8, 2014.
  1. Team livery

70.0%
  2. Own livery

30.0%
  1. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    lol

Well in this round I think its s3 and s4 Im losing a lot of time. Im pretty consistent doing 17.5 for S1 and 45.5 for S2 (have done a few 45 flat though). Struggling to do 30s :( but can do low 31s frequently.

Any pointers for last sectors? Feel free to pm me :)
  2. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Hey @skywalker , those first 2 sector times you are doing seem to be good from memory. I'll be on after 10 tonight if you need help with final sector.
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The left hander after the long tunnel is 3rd gear, about 81-82 MPH (i'm old school!) and the right hander at the top of the hill that follows that is a really important corner. I've gained half a second in that corner alone. Braking point is crucial so that you can get the car to turn in. Try and ride the inside kerb a touch as that seems to drag the car in for some reason.
    My best is still a mid 1:30 on almost full tanks.
    17.5 is a good first split, you probably need to break 45 for a really good second split though. Might be losing time in the left hander that joins the two tunnels...tricky tricky corner! You need to shave the inside wall on the entry because then the car will grip and you can be flat out without fear of hitting the outside wall on the tunnel entry.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

As much as i wanted to run a prac session tonight, today has been flat our and i am falling asleep as it is, feel free to run one between you guys and i will make one tomorrow or friday plus sat and sun
  5. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well my sector 1 is a little slower than I've normally been doing (keep doing 17.6), but getting a lot of high 30s now, and better consistency.

Low 45s for second sector split, and low 1.09s for 3rd sector split.

@R0T0R-AU86 @Mister_Bond_747 @leeboy910 which sector should I be working on now? :)
  6. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Believe it or not, the last sector.

Coming down the hill the last corner before the chicane is very important for your next lap, if you take the last corner at 113kph for example compared to to 116kph there is a difference between a 17.4 an and a 17.6 first sector because it's all flat and flowing... The middle sector is the killer for me getting the left from tunnel to tunnel right.. However in saying this you can still do a bad first and second sector and make up for it in the last sector... My PB on second sector is a 44.7 - I have seen Dan do a 44.5\6... For the final split I have done a 08.7 but finished the lap on a 30.1 ... Dan has done a 29.9 on a full tank!! seriously impressive!!
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Cheers, I'll work on that then :)

Dan is ridiculously quick..

My PB sectors are : S1 - 17.3, S2 - 44.9 - S3 - 1.09 flat
  8. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Yeah I agree with Rotor. There are 3 braking zones in sector 3 and those last two braking zones are extremely important as you need to hit the apex to get rotation. Have fun:)
  9. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    As Rotor said, that left hander that leads you towards the final chicance/massive air photo opp (LOL) is hugely important as it dictates your speed right up until the first tunnel turn on the next lap, as everything is flat out until then.
    I'll try and get on tonight, probably not until about 7:30 or 8pm Perth time.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Dont worry guys your capitan can do 30.5 pretty consistently now, all got got to do know is figure out who to put the joker on, did well with it last week
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yeah well don't put it on me, thats for sure.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Well if you have any ideas guys just PM me
  13. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Starting to get it into my head now. Thanks for the pointers. Just did a 30.4 (S1 - 17.4, S2 - 44.8, S3 - 1:08.8) on my 3rd lap out, which is a new pb.

Might try to do some more practice tonight... would love to consistently be in the 30s when Im in 'clean' air.

@leeboy910 So true about the photo op! 2 Wheel stand across the start/finish line!
  14. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I just wanna wish everyone the best of luck tonight lets get some decent points
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Well another week of practice... just waiting to see whos first in NLR to do a 29 now?
  16. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Im pretty close 1.30.2
  17. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

An extra week won't help me I've. Already found as much as I was ever going to and that's only a 31.1 and I can't even do 31's consistently.
  18. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Yep thats my PB atm, was on for a 29 but screwed last sector. Saw Mr Bond do 30.1 today :)
  19. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Just a quick heads up to all this season's team Captains.
    Depending on the final entries for season 3's BJH ROC, there maybe a wildcard spot given to the winning team this season.
    It will be given to the best performing team member not already qualified. I.E. finishes second in his (her) division.
    If there are more than one driver in this position, it will come down to points. If by a miracle that doesn't decide it, it will be at the team captains discretion as to who gets the drive.

Make sense??o_O
  20. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    How'd everyone end up? I got 3rd (& FL) and 9th (spun).
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.