Next Level Racing Team Discussions

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Benjamin J Smith, Jul 29, 2014.

?

Run set colours or own colours ( NLR only)

Poll closed Aug 8, 2014.
  1. Team livery

70.0%
  2. Own livery

30.0%
  1. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    That's right, you can do all the 1.09s you want but it can all come unstuck in one spin, especially corner 2 on the grass before tunnel.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

What are the chances i could get at least 6 of us in a lobby for a photo sesh tonight around 830?
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Taken out turn 2 lap 1, pit lap 4 :eek: finish 3rd from lap 13 though to 39 with not a single sign of company since lap 4 :rolleyes: would of been pushing for a win had I been able to stay up the front and run the strategy i had planned.

How'd the rest of the team fare?
  5. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Was on for a podium... but basically everything that could go wrong did :( Can't wait to put this round behind me..
  6. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    hate to admit this not only was my result crap im pretty certian I was the one who took you out cause off the line u got a better jump and I tried to get behind someone and didnt see u were there and sideswipped you then I ran a little wide turn 2 and someone went off now I assume that was u I mean I ran top 5 a little but just had no speed how I did a 18.7 in quali for 6th is beyond me battled a little with everyone but once they got by I couldnt keep up than got drafted in by the next person it just sucked ended up 10th 3rd last the best part was all the practice I didnt wasnt on the reverse track I found that out about half an hour before the race anyway next week hopefully ill do better
  7. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
  8. Benjamin J Smith

Im running a practise session from about 820 to 930 tonight for the next round because i really need it
  9. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    I should be there depends on psn and if It hates me
  10. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Has anyone cut any laps at Trial Mountain yet?
    I've run a 1:30.402 as a PB so far. I think I could break into the 29's, but would need everything to be perfect.
    I'll be happy with mid-high 30's as a race pace.
  11. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    I'm going to open up a practise room in about 10 minutes
  12. COME_AND_GET_ME7

I was struggling to get into the 31's. Its another deep forrest for me. Tracks with fast sweeping turns are no good on a controller. Dreading the apricot hill endure as that tracks even worse. Will hopefully be ok at brands and RBR and its a matter of practice at nurb.
  13. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Just did a 1.30.238 I was fairly close to getting into the 29s but just little errors cost me
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Righteo Wednsday i will be opening a room at 830, i need prac i am doing a 32.5 and it feels like im flying( iRacing has ruined me) so i need to ride with someone getting close to a 29 to see where i can get some speed back
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    We should get a private conversation going. I did around 20-25 laps today. Pb of 30.3 but only had half fuel which won't happen in 14 laps.

Have an idea of what apex speeds are doable though.
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Yeah no point going below probably 2/3 of a tank. My times are all set on somewhere between 3/4 to full tank.
  17. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I love this track, but I am seriously struggling for pace at the moment :(

There is no point practicing with half a tank at all, you are only going to benefit by doing 14 laps at a time no pit stops, if you get to lap 14 pit next lap full fuel and new paws...

If anything you are only really going to benefit practicing this track by battling and racing, it is going to be packed and making your times work with other cars around you is key, unless you get free air then away you go! But I say this because IF you finish in the top you will start from the rear of the grid the next race and is going to be very hard to get the way through the field IF everyone is on your same pace or even a tad slower!
  18. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    I cant make Wednesday night unless you fellas are on around 10 still. Maybe we do need to discuss tactics with this one. Especially now we DO have 4 team mates:D in div 1 and the second race reverse grid. We're just gunna end up taking each other out. kaos... hehe
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  19. COME_AND_GET_ME7

What?? 4 in div 1 4 in div 2....... Whats with the hate for the lower divs fastboy? Hell if you had a div 6 driver you'd be guaranteed a 7th as only 7 seem to turn up each week.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

I dont know what happen i thought i atleast put 1 in div 6. I only started with 3 in each, at least i have 6 GT Academy Drivers in which all but 1 made it in on online time not live event