Next Level Racing Team Discussions

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Benjamin J Smith, Jul 29, 2014.

?

Run set colours or own colours ( NLR only)

Poll closed Aug 8, 2014.
  1. Team livery

70.0%
  2. Own livery

30.0%
  1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

10th don't know what happened had the pace in practice.
  2. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    @Mister_Bond_747 nah you didn't give the places back on the first go.. Ill watch the vid but I am 100% sure you took both the spots...

If I did bump back it was because I would of been frustrated, but was fair and didn't bump to slow you down or unfair in any way... Rubbing panels is apart of racing, so that's cool! But braking into corners is different story..
    I understand you had a different braking point, that's cool, everyone's driving style is different... But what you have to do is adjust your driving style to the one in front and use it as an advantage... IF you where right behind me (a car length) you can use your braking and take the inside, but you can't go pushing the other out or offline (it is also apart of the rules)... The down side to your late braking is it kills your tyre wear and gives you a slow exit speed... But you had some good speed mate so keep it up!

It's all good Mister Bond there is no hard feelings at all mate, I am not telling you to change driving style or anything like that but be alittle more cautious on the overtakes on the inside from way down town... Just a little FYI on racing etiquette ;)
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I think the advice above needs to be listened to by half the field in Div 2! Some terrible driving last night, some of it was just down right dirty (not saying you drove dirty Mister Bond!)
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

If I have done my Math correctly NLR should be on 85 points with a 2nd, 2 4th's, a 5th, a 6th (Joker) and an 8th as a top 6. Unfortunately NLR is on 156 if my math is correct with 3 wins a 2nd and 3 3rd's (1 of which won't even count :eek:) and I assume they would have put the joker on pokey who got 1st poll and FL......
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Hence my rant in the div 2 private convo after the meet and greet. Although I never suffered from any last night as I was rolling solo for the majority of the race, although I did see the aftermath of fire wind taking slambobagan out even tho he was a lap down.
  6. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    There isn't too much to add from what rotor has already said. I am not in a great position to judge as I was in there battling with my own disadvantage but yes it got very rough with obvious reasons as to why it all could have been avoided. I am more than happy to concede my position if the pass is legitimate but on those occasions they were far from it unfortunately. This car demands race etiquette as close racing can be achieved so easily so the balance between patience and aggression will be the key to clean close racing which I am sure after a few more rounds of this season you will get good practice at :)

Definitely no hard feelings mate, you had some serious pace and consistency so well done on a cracker first race in what looks like to be a seriously challenging season :) Hopefully I can rub panels with you again at the last round if everything goes to plan :)
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  7. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Thanks @MINT_GTR , I just looked through the replay. Man that was a cracker! I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Its a real loss to div 1. Hope your back soon mate. ;)
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  8. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    I sure did have the joker card on me! :)
  9. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    So what times should I be aiming for at GVE? Also, if you have any tips feel free to pm me with them :)

Hoping to get some practice in over the next few nights, but will see.

Carbonfibre, didn't realise you where in our team. We should practice together :) Get some nice slip streams happening.
  10. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm in the mid to high 1:08s
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey guys, I'm putting it out there that I NEED some guidance with this momentum racing that is a requirement to being quick in GT6, Ive been PC Racing for too long :rolleyes:, so when some of you Div 1 & 2 guys do some practise I'd be keen to join in for some hints & tips if it's ok.

Hoping to have the new pedals for the weekend and the load cell brake should, "I say should", help my times ;)

Cheers
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I cant help you yet i haven't done many laps here yet but i might get on tonight and have a steer abd see what i can do
  13. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Yeah I'll be on tonight also. Haven't got much time this week to practice so my race pace will suffer come Sunday. Maybe a regular time each week @Fastboysmith for a team session? I can do Thursday or Friday. Happy to help give pointers. Even race strategy for us boys in div 1 might be good so we're not tripping over each other again?
    Let's get this team together for some podiums! Must chase TLR down!:)
  14. Benjamin J Smith

Friday might be good
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    That's awesome guys, I'm good any night other than Mon & Wed, but a definite practise night I think is a must if were gonna catch TLR. I should have my new pedals for Friday as well, as long as OZ post gets it's act together I'll be there, although even if they don't get here I can always spectate and sit on the bonnet for a few :)

Cheers
  16. Benjamin J Smith

17. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Will try to get on tonight, but wont be till after 10.

I'd been keen for a regular night of practice :) can also discuss how much fuel is needed / strats.
  18. Benjamin J Smith

You can get on at 10 but I will be well and truly asleep by then
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Managed to scrape just into the 1.08s with almost a full tank, so starting to get my head around GVE. No idea how people are doing 1.07s even if it is with less fuel!
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Well im :):):):)ed, i was struggling to get into the 18's i did a 19.1 on a full tank