PCARS PCARS HTO GT3 SERIES BRONZE

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by VARDZ, Oct 30, 2015.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Well that sucks! After a slow start I got pushed off track at the first corner and got a 10 second penalty causing a traffic jam and watched the leaders disappear up the road. Rejoined in about 8th place and the car felt great and I made good ground and a bunch of positions getting up to 4th. Had a great battle with @seowster for a number of laps (sorry about the divebomb at turn 1, I missed my braking point and tried to avoid nailing you from behind)
    I pitted at the end of lap 23 and that was it, stuck in the pits! Then we all the other cars came in Adobe me I realized that no one was leaving the pits either. Bloody PD, I mean PC
  2. seowster

seowster Rookie

PSN ID
    seowster
    Mate, it was a great battle, I pitted a lap after you (24) and got stuck in there. I reckon there were a few of us with the same issue...
  3. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Yup pitted on lap 25 and got stuck
  4. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

No such issues in Gold. The GT6 newcomers must have brought with them PD's infamous pit glitch ;)
    agolfer78 and beakeroo like this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Pitted lap 26, all good. Guys, I know it's frustrating getting stuck in the pits and VHMik with ripping his tyres up but quitting out not only screws up the replay saved but it also messes with the lobby causing slight hiccups for those still racing. In future can we all just hit Options and retire to pits? Rocketrod had controller issues in lap 1 and was good enough to do this. It also netted him 5th place.

I caught 2 x invisible wall glitch, once just after turn 1, got me stuck against the railing and reverse wouldn't work. Lost around 50 seconds until it eventually worked. The other one after I caught back up and passed @fezza it slammed me into the wall just before turn 7. Got stuck there for around 20 second's. So frustrating as it took me 3 laps to get past @fezza !
    SuiCid3 and SPL Racing like this.
  6. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    So what was the count of people stuck in the pits
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    4 finished on track, 1 finished in pits due to controller. VH Mik quit after doing donuts on turn 1 for a while.
  8. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    So how many started the race
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I'm sure @Ad2mny can clarify, he records the quali screens. I'm thinking we lost 6 of the field in the pits.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    11 starters. Rocket retired lap 1, agolfer DSC, vhmik left the lobby, 4 finished. 4 pit glitches.
    beakeroo likes this.
  11. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Sorry about that, I didn't realize it may have affected others by leaving. I sat there for about 15 minutes before I decided to exit.
  12. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

I was stuck in the pits
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Well the pit glitch thing really sucked. Part of the reason I came across to Pcars was to say goodbye to the network issues/glitches that plagued GT6/PS3. Looks like more of the same! Bad luck to the guys who got stuck :( Also bad luck to the guys who hit the invisible wall. It happened to me during qualifying and scared the crap out of me.

Was there a glitch at the start too? Why did I start in P1 instead of Ad2mny?

Rod, this may sound like a silly question (and a long shot) but was your tune set up with only a couple of litres of fuel in the tank?
  14. agolfer78

Did you catch the offender? Was it me? If it was I guess you owe me one, sorry bud.
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Although a wall or two appears on a track pretty much every round (not for everyone, these were my first and second in 6 races) the other stuff that happened is a first for me. The lobby didn't seem right from the rolling start onwards. For the first five minutes or so my car's handling felt wrong and sound was dodgy.
  16. agolfer78

The rolling start was a bit dodgy and something was up with the sound, I thought I had a mechanical problem and my car was going to die. Was everybody friended up, I didnt check.
  17. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Not sure who it was but these things happen at turn 1. I don't think anyone is really to blame, it's just going to happen sometimes and turn 1 there can be tricky at the best of times.
    Clevohead and agolfer78 like this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I shunted someone on t1 but I'm not sure who. I followed them off and straight back on even though I was shunted into them myself, though I'm sure it wasn't you as we passed the pile up that I assume your penalty caused.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  19. agolfer78

Does anyone have the replay?
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Replay is stuffed anyway because most of you guys quit out. This means that the you appear as ghosts not leaving the starting grid for the entire race. Hence the complaint on quitting mid race :rolleyes: