PCARS Season 2 - Div 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Nice win albert and nice 2nd young auts. Was happy with 3rd on the grid, didn't see those 51s to my surprise. Was behind albert off the line and got a god start but had to back off as think he bogged which allowed auts into 3rd. I was on a no stopper and thought id settle in and be nice to left front, coming onto front straight start of lap 2 i saw a car sitting on the grid it was a red one and on my screen albert drove straight into it and it flipped into the air and when landed it was right in front of me with nowhere to go. She slammed me into the pit wall on the right then spun me into the infield. I joined back on track behind ragoo in 2nd last. So much for saving tyres, using more than i wanted trying to make up lost ground. Big sorry to ragoo as i gave him a big rear ender into turn 1 ( i owe u a bourbon m8). After i slowed to readdress my f@#k up me and ragoo slowly made some lost ground. Was bit rattled after lap 2 glitch and tried to put head down and arse up and cought up to juzzy and had a cracking battle but tyres where worse for wear after pushing to make up ground and spun twice when very close to Juzzy's rear end. Saw fastboy coming with fresh tyres and let him go and got right up with juzzy on last lap. Bit bummed about glitch but reasonably happy with 5th after all the dramas. Thx all great stuff
    TheJuzzy, Ad2mny, Beau_Albert and 2 others like this.
  2. autech91

autech91 Professional

Awesome race guys. Stoked to get 2nd in my first ever rooz event. I think thats the first time in my sim racing "career" that I have bee. In a field of 13 racers all capable of beating me.
    Qualified well in 4th, managed to jump emu off the line then tagged on to the back of fastboy and albert for the 1st lap. Coming down the front straight I saw Emueggs car slam into the wall, weird! After that Sickskills was on my tail amd was putting my under pressure. I had a race plan of running low 54s but ended up running 53s all race. Eventually I built a gap on sickskills and set about banging out the 53s with fastboy n albert 5secs ahead. I knew they would be pushing hard at the pace they were running and using up tyres so I just stuck to my pace.
    Came across fastboy in the ditch after he spun and then he had a drivethrough which secured my 2nd place. Well done to Albert, I will have to step up my game to challenge you in future races if you are that quick again. Cheers
  3. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Well my Race wasn't to bad considering what happened at the start with me being a bit keen at the light and myself having 3 times the tyre wear compared to other people.
    With the ridiculous tyre wear i was down to 15% on the front left by lap 15, which ment i wasn't a hope in hell making it all the way, even after holding Beau up at about 1.5 second slower then our actual race pace i couldn't keep the wear down.

So i pitted after my spin and drive through penalty, ended up dropping back too 9th place after coming out of my pitstop so it was time to put the hammer down and jist kept the pace at a solid 53 flat for the final 11 laps.
    Passed most people without to much struggle, got past Juzzy with 3 laps to go for 3rd and saw AUtech was 35 seconds up the road so wasn't going to catch him at all, but managed to gain 12 seconds on him before the end of the race.
    Bring on next week and hopefully i go after the red lights go out not before
    TheJuzzy, Ad2mny, JonoStan96 and 2 others like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    CAGM is welcome to do tables if he wishes however, I will be doing my own anyway for team points.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    How does ragoo come 8th and 14th? Did you mean someone else for 14th?

Also are there any DSC's? or you can only screenshot the top 10?
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Only had 1 drop out and that was finchy so thats 13 finishers and finchy would finsh ahead of Giant as Giant did no laps
  7. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I finished 8th for some reason my character duped some how.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am guessing @Giant slayer has something on that night but was nice enough to run the room anyway :thumbsup:
    I will score both as DSC with finchy ahead of giant
    Giant slayer likes this.
  9. autech91

autech91 Professional

10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yeah i had a weird glitch with Ragoo. Not sure if it had something to do with how often he dc'd in Practise, but he had 2 cars on track on my screen, one racing, one parked on the start finish being pinballed by others driving through him.
    Not sure if his 2 cars both count towards his points total, but if so i'm protesting ;)

Might be worth saying from now on that if you need to retire from the session, you park the car well off line so that if your car stays on track it can't be pinballed by other players hitting it. Fastboy on the 2nd lap drilled Giant Slayer which i had to take avoiding action and i apparently also hit Giant, sending him into Emu.... Dsc's can't be helped of course, but if retiring from the race on purpose, perhaps first make sure your car is parked offline :thumbsup:
  11. autech91

autech91 Professional

Also, if you have been lapped and are not fighting for position, drop back a good few seconds from the leading car.
    zuluwoffle and beakeroo like this.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

So hope you POV you recorded has that as i didn't even see Giant sitting on the grid
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  13. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    I only dsc once in Giants lobby
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Yep, I had a backmarker I had overtaken last night braking much deeper into the corners behind me as they had fresh treads and were catching my tow on the straights. They lost it eventually (thankfully not taking me with them) but I was concerned for a while that they would slam me.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  15. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    lol you think your tires were bad? mine were on 35% by lap 6, then lap 10 when i pulled off were on 8% #Savetherubber.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I'm absolutely buggered how you guys are so hard on your tires. Stating the obvious, you are faster than me, but I ran mostly low 54s last night all race and finished the race with no stop and still had 48% on the front. In a prac room last week in a 13 lapper I did 7 laps in the 53s and the others in the 54 and my tires were still good. Are you sure you haven't missed something in the setup to kill the tires like that ?
    TheJuzzy and autech91 like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe you could post your setup and others could see if that helps :)
  18. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    The worst part was i was doing constant 55's
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Me and beau ran same setup, his was 3x better then mine same lines and times
  20. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Yeh i used ur setup aswell but i changed tire pressures closer to default and still got screwed