PCARS Season 2 - Div 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    do you have connection probs bevo? when I was lapping you, you were a ghost car. but as soon as I passed you, you became solid again.
  2. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Wow! One of the best races I've had on ROOZ for a while.
    Quali: 10th. I had no practice whatsoever for this race, and so i was happy with 10th. I really wasn't expecting to get anywhere near the front in quali, so 10th was good enough for me.
    Race: 5th. What a race I had. Starting 10th, had a shocking start forgetting to put the car into 1st, but no matter, by turn 2 thanks to the help of a few others running off at T1, i moved up onto the podium. Sat in 2nd for so long in the race. Watched fezza jump into the pits, then battled @freddyp_33 for at least 10 laps. Was really great racing with him, however a battle i lost as on lap 32, i had to make a pit stop. In my rush during practice i forgot to look at my pit strategy, and unfortunately, whilst the team also changed my tyres, they topped me back up to 90L costing me about 10-15 seconds in the pits. Rejoined in 5th, then dropped back to 6th, then battled with @Zharvs92 for a couple of laps. was great fun (btw, dont worry mate, your spin cost me a couple of seconds, but nothing significant). Eventually crossed the line 5th, leading home the TLR train. Not my best result, but i was beaming from ear to ear at the racing I'd had during the race.

BTW guys, where you happy with me hosting? is my connection stable enough? Happy for me to keep hosting the rest of the season?
    Ad2mny, Spidey_11, webnomad and 3 others like this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Mate you hosting was fine. I cant speak for the others but i had no issues at all.
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Well that was an interesting race, qualified 7th. Got punted by someone on the first corner, right into the corner of the the sand trap and about 10 seconds behind 11th. Don't know who by, but they didn't redress their mistake. Just about rage quit but thought better of it.
    Slowly battled my way through the pack and at one stage the screen said i was over 20sec. behind @fezza in first. Then all of a sudden it showed I was in front and battling with @Nathancarhead for the lead. So i have no idea how all that worked out.
    Had a great battle with @Nathancarhead for a good few laps though.
    @Zharvs92 I didn't pit. Tyres were pretty stuffed at the end, down to around 30% on the front left at the end. Times were down a couple of seconds a lap, couldn't have lasted too much longer.
    Ad2mny, stucar17, PurpleDog and 3 others like this.
  5. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    Sounds like all of us had an entertaining round ... It was promising for me at first with the pole ... Settled down to a steady pace ... Which was then undone by own random spins in parts which never bothered me ... Hmmm ... So fell back ... Then ... The project cars crap pit stop ui struck again as the tires did not rotate on the stop ... So here I went again for another one ... Came back in 9th I believe ... And just chased things down from there ... That was fun ...well done podium and purple dog for that omg fast lap ... !
  6. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Sorry I was AWOL guys, I had been up the mountain at the shack, and we didn't get back until 7.30 and had unpacking etc... to take care of.
    beakeroo likes this.
  7. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Wow! Didn't realise I had the FL until I saw the results posted here.
    Was happy with my qualifier getting me to P3, had a reasonable start off the line, and then just started making error after error. Biggest error of the night was putting about a litre too little fuel in while the boots were getting changed. Ran out coming around the final turn....
    Ad2mny, webnomad, stucar17 and 3 others like this.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Next round will be wet, set the date as has been for the other rounds, will confirm the exact settings late tonight...may look at havbing 3 weather slots, all wet but different levels.......stay tuned....
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright everyone......Regulations for this weeks wet race.........Some slight adjustments for this round, thanks to CAGME and a few others for doing a little testing for this, wasnt quite as easy as i imagined....

So, the issue was not so much the wear, but the heating of the rear tires......i am reasonably good on mine, but still had my rears over 125* after 4 laps.....was set on light rain, X2 and the date was as we had for the previous rounds....Track temp was still at 40* though.....The short version was that the controller guys, and also most of the guys "harder" on tires would find it difficult to finish 10 laps, let alone the race.....After testing last night i have come up with the following (thanks to the guys who helped - blindman, Zulu, Kart and Devil)

DATE and TIME CHANGE for this round.
    10th January - 4pm
    (track temp 31* - amb 21*)
    TIRE WEAR : REAL
    3 x weather slots
    1. "rain"
    2. "storm"
    3. "rain"
    WEATHER PROGRESSION - "set to race"

What i found was that the wear is obviously good, was on 92% on FL after 8 laps. The rear tires "do" heat up and strangely i found that on about lap 3 the rear got a bit lively and was the only time that they threatened to overheat. Once i got through that lap they were fine. Also found that the in "rain" the car was very good, the middle stint in "storm" was also good, with the ambient dropping quite low.....

I will be doing a full race run tonight for anyone interested.....the PSN still seems a little dodgy however so fingers crossed we can get a room up with a few drivers
    Stu
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    going to be a super interesting round. cant wait!
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    10th of Jan?? That was 2 months ago
  13. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    [​IMG]
    Track Date Bevo, not race date :p We haven't been using correct dates for any races so far, so nothing new :)
    Will just mean the track is a little colder so your rear tyres are going to be a little easier to manage.
  14. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I've never had issues with my rear tyres with this car, it's the fronts that go off at x4 speed :p
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Have you practices this race yet? You're going to have problems with rears here, I suggest not using TC either. After testing I've found that it heats your tyres up really badly no matter how high you have it set.
  16. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    not yet, I shall find out tonight :)
    beakeroo likes this.
  17. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
  18. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Hey there you lot , I'll have a 30 lap room up tonight , wont start until room is full , all div's welcome .
  19. Bevo_17

Bevo_17 Rookie

PSN ID
    Bevo_17
    I can't race this week and possibly next week depending when wifi gets installed in my rental house
    Dev1lman_87 and Nathancarhead like this.
  20. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    I'm probably a non starter tonight as well gents. Don't wait for me.
    Dev1lman_87 and Nathancarhead like this.