PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Nah , I was on last night, it felt great.
  2. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Check your globel settings , sometimes they change , i have had this happened to me .
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeah they completely broke it again, I've gone from no tyre temps what so ever to just marshmallow tyres lol with temps through the roof
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I haven't noticed anything different but i do remember a website mentioning updated tyre physics to accomodate for the Mazda MX5 Radbull coming in the next DLC. Haven't noticed it on Cars using slicks like a GT3 though, however i don't tune my tyre pressures, if you have modified them, theres a chance they may need to be reworked now.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  5. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I don't know about that , I had some epic battles tonight with CAGM and Fastboy and a few of the other guys, if anything I think it has made the racing better .
    Plus since the update I've been winning a lot more race's.
    seth123 likes this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Tyres are gripper and not so stone like
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  7. autech91

autech91 Professional

I think I get a bit more road feel since the last update too, that is when it is working i mean! Had a race last night in Vardz room where I had no feed back for the entire race despite it being fine in practice.
  8. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

apparently DLC is out now but only on PS4 from what ive read still waiting for it on steam ffs i hate waiting lol
    Peter Wise likes this.
  9. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
  10. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'd like some help from people who play far more than I do:

How are you meant to drive the Lotus 98T?

As in, with assists set to real and no automatic clutch with an H pattern, I don't know whether I'm driving it correctly. Heel and toe on every downshift is killing me, so I experimented with just not clutching at all, but I can't control it. It's a very fun car to drive, but I am trying to get onto 100% AI level, and that's tough.

I'm just starting the 7 round invitational, and it is basically a roadblock of experience.
    TheJuzzy and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  11. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Whats wrong with a bit of Heel-Toe its how it should be driven? otherwise maybe turn auto clutch on but still use that H-Pattern as it will make you much faster.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    No offence, and I appreciate your response.

That's not exactly telling me how I should approach driving this thing.

I won't be turning auto-clutch on, and I won't be switching to a sequential shifter.

Should I be clutching on the upshifts? Because it helped me initially to cut off the turbo just before it was about to launch me off track. But then I worked out it's better to just stick it in gear quick smart to maintain drive and traction in low revs.

i guess what I'm querying for is a more specific approach: for instance, never full throttle before third gear, or never above 11,000 revs, etc. etc. Do I use first gear in this car? Some cars are fine using first gear, and some cars aren't. Do I wanna stick wide in corners, or just aim straight for that apex and the car will 'right' itself on the exit? (and please don't answer those questions verbatim)

How do you drive this car?
  13. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Have you gone ultra-aggresive on the Turbo numbers? A 6.00 Wastegate is pretty insane and i doubt even the best could keep it under control over a race distance. 6 bars is a 'Qualifying' setting after all.
    If you have the wastegate around 4-4.2 bars, it's still very quick but so much easier to drive. If you aren't already, my one and only suggestion is turn the boost down from maximum :thumbsup:
    It's really no different to the 72 or 77 Formula Cars except for the obvious better brakes, aero and different tyre compounds when you have enough boost to be competitive, but not too much to find yourself in an ambulance.
    If the turbo isn't your issue, then perhaps do some homework elsewhere, car bottoming out causing issues? Differential settings a little aggresive? If you can drive an earlier F1 car, you'll be able to drive the 98T
    Crunch, TheJuzzy and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Boost hard or go home :eek::inlove:
  15. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

he never said switch to sequential he said turn auto clutch on while STILL using H pattern. maybe use more throttle control? im not quick or any good but i dont find it that hard to drive the car hard.
    seth123 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    An LMP1 with 1000+ bhp going to all wheels i can deal with, but 1250bhp to the rears on old slicks?? I choose life :whistling:
    Sam D Blacklock, Crunch and seth123 like this.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    You've let me down Albert :cry:
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Cheers guys.

I'll try turning the boost down to the lowest and see where I'm at. I haven't turned the boost up yet.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

And if your running auto clutch off and H pattern, just heel toe
    seth123, COME_AND_GET_ME7 and Crunch like this.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I find it hard to find things to like about Pcars, but this definitely stands out. By a country mile my favourite car in the game.
    Crunch and Sam D Blacklock like this.