PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Two new ROOZ (& Turboduck) liveries in today's patch

Project CARS - US Race Car Pack – Content Overview

RUF RGT-8 GT3 #55:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BAC Mono #77 (old photo):
    [​IMG]
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Here's the two new GT3/GTE Machines
    Beau_Albert, Crunch and seth123 like this.
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    free car leaked from project cars :eek:;):laugh:

[​IMG]
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What an absolute pisstake... Game of the year? Hahahahahahaha:roflmao:
    Nathancarhead, Peter Wise and seth123 like this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Game of the year, only thing it mastered was two fricken cars becoming magnets...
    Only game where you can pit manoeuvre someone 6 meters away :eek:

Hopefully the second take of this thing works o_O

Oh yeah and how cool Nurburgring 24H it's finally catching up to gt6
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    It's way ahead of GT already in pretty much every way. Yes the magnetism is a little heavy but when cars come together they do often both spill off together. I agree though, hopefully #2 does fix these things.
    Anyway I'm around US$30 worth of DLC behind right now, I might buy this if it is around $50.
    Crunch and Beau_Albert like this.
  8. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    They did say a while ago that was not going to be a great deal more DLC as they were moving onto pcars2. I find it really convenient that now they will release this goty edition with quite a bit of new content. Series cash grab on the go here I think.
  9. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

How any one can support these asshole developers and line up to hand them over another $100+ for PCars2 is beyond me.
    Crunch and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    2 lame cars and the removal of 2 barriers? I wouldn't say "Quite a bit of new content"
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Beau_Albert, seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It's crazy that they have the nerve to charge you for what is, at its core, a move of barriers. They already have the Nürburgring, Nordschleife and GP licences, the addition of the full layout should not be paid DLC. But given the way Slightly Mad Scammers have behaved over the last 24 months, I shouldn't be surprised.
    seth123 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I'm pretty sure this will be a timed exclusive. Give it a month and they'll likely sell it as DLC.
  13. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    who knows, SMS were sure that it would be available to already purchased copies of the game but knowing them we will still be paying ridiculous amounts of money for stuff that takes the devs 5 seconds.
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Reason I say that is you can buy the LE edition cars as DLC can't you? I don't think you could at launch.
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yeah, pretty sure you can buy the Limited Edition cars now.... plus you can buy the Logitech Livery pack which was only supposed to be available for Logitech G29 owners.... o_O

Either way, i can't wait till Assetto Corsa comes out.... if they can produce a game that doesn't feel like every car has the grip levels of an F1 or the Contact Physics of a potato skydiving without a parachute, then thank god we can stop talking about PCars which has set the bar so low. It has so many downfalls, yet it still remains the best thing we've got on Next Gen consoles..... years after release.... little sad if you think about it :oops:
    It has it's great moments, but they are often out shadowed by the bucket load of moments spent resisting throwing your wheel out of the post code.
    #BoboRantOver
  16. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Assetto Corsa and GTS Beta soon, really looking forward to some actual racing.
  17. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Have you not had any?
    beakeroo and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  18. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    maybe, hey at least the magnets on project cars are stronger than my bloody fridge magnets.
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Wait, so which published game review site gave Project CARS 'Game of the Year' for 2015?

I thought that was a requirement for a 'Game of the Year' edition? Call me crazy.

EDIT: Also, what's with all the Project CARS discomfort on the internet? It could be better, but I certainly wouldn't say it's not the most superior racing game I own.

Random segue to my experience: I remember back two years ago when all the PC elitists of the world would laugh about GT6 being the best 'racing' simulator available on console. I heard all those hyped up reviews of iRacing, Project CARS and Assetto Corsa just like any other exclusive console gamer.

Now that I own a $2000 PC, I've tried them all, and now I can affirm that all the praise is just :):):):):):)y. They're no superior in terms of the racing experience at all, or even in terms of realism. They're unique and different, and it's sort of up to an individual gamer to figure out what it is they like in a simulator.

Anyway, I bring this up, because all of a sudden, Project CARS is getting lumped into the console spite, and iRacing and Assetto Corsa are still gods of the racing sims. It'll probably repeat when AC comes to console.

Project CARS is still spectacular, yet because it's getting that sweet, sweet console money, all of a sudden the internet thinks it's a lower species, when it isn't.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I could only find that PlaystationLifestyle gave Pcars any sort of GOTY accolade (2015 Racing Game of the Year), I couldn't find any other evidence of it receiving anything else.

As for me I'm just waiting on a game that lets a large community like ROOZ race together free from usual bull:):):):) we've had forced upon us like visibility issues, track grip based on connection, poor controller support, ludicrous collision physics and a sea of bugs and glitches. I say this as one who has experience on both GT6 and Pcars, I consider both games to be complete letdowns on multiple fronts. I am not experienced on AC to know what it offers, however I'm afraid it will travel down the same route as Pcars, release on console as a buggy pile of crap and remains so 12 months later. Several painful delays failed to subside it's launch issues, and with AC recieving an extensive launch delay my gut feeling is the cycle will repeat. I hope to god I'm wrong.