SEASON 10 - DIVISION 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 21, 2020.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    League rules and regs : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Good Racecraft guide : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/
    Protest procedure : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/
    Results tables will be posted here: [insert link or table template]

Start Date : MEET AND GREET 2nd FEB
    Car : CORVETTE C7R
    [​IMG]
    Tire Regs :
    ACCELERATED WEAR
    Qualifying regs : Pit Lane OPEN
    Start Time :
    QUAL - 8:10PM EDST - RACE START 8:20 EDST (Sydney time)
    Room Host : Stuart170773

Back Up Host : @t_b_williams ?
    Room Captain/s : Stu / TB / Slambo ?

Track list
    9th FEB - ROUND 1 : Road America - 22 Laps - 21-6-19
    - Qual Time - @ 2pm (Med Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 3pm (Med cloud / Light cloud / Heavy Cloud / Light Cloud)
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    - Weather progression : Sync to race

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    16th Feb - ROUND 2 : Laguna Seca - 33 laps - 28-6-19
    - Qual Time - @ 3pm (Hazy)
    -
    Race Time - @ 4pm (Hazy / Light Cloud / Heavy Cloud / Clear)
    -
    Time progression - REAL
    -
    Compulsory pit stop - YES
    -
    Fuel : Real
    -
    TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    -
    Weather progression : Sync to race

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    23rd Feb - ROUND 3 : Indy Road - SPRINT ROUND - 5/7/19
    Qual - 2pm () - Light Rain
    Race 1 - 3pm (wet) - 18 laps - Light Rain
    Race 2 - 4pm (dry) - 19 laps (1 x formation lap) REVERSE GRID
    - Heavy cloud / Light Cloud
    - Time progression - REAL
    -
    Compulsory pit stop - NO
    -
    -
    -

1st March - ROUND 4 : Spa - 20 laps - 12/7/19
    - Qual Time - @2pm (Clear)
    -
    Race Time - @
    3pm (Clear / light cloud / Clear / Med cloud)
    -
    Time progression - REAL
    -
    -
    -
    -

15th March - Round 5 : Bathurst - Twilight race - 22 Laps - 17/1/2019
    - Qual Time - @ 5pm (Heavy Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 6pm (
    Heavy Cloud / Med Cloud / Light cloud / Med cloud)
    -
    Time progression - REAL
    -
    -
    -
    -

22th March - Round 6 : Imola - 27 laps - 19-7-19
    - Qual Time - @ 2pm (Light Cloud)
    -
    Race Time - @ 3pm (Clear / Light cloud / Heavy Cloud / Light Cloud)
    -
    Time progression - REAL
    -
    -
    -
    -

29nd March - Round 7 : Le Mans (ENDURO) - 22 laps - 26/7/2019
    - Qual Time - @ 2pm (Med Cloud)
    -
    Race Time - @ 3pm (Light Cloud / Med cloud / fog / Light cloud)
    -
    Time progression - X16
    -
    -
    -
    -

DIVISION
    PROVISIONAL
    Starting Grid

1. Slambobagen
    2. Benny (hoppy)
    3. Stucar17
    4. Poppinfresh
    5. T_B_Williams
    6. Disturboed
    7. GHOST88805
    8. Kartdude45
    9. AOCleaner
    10. NStozza
    11. Waffles_n_bits
    12. Stimsonglenn
    13. Nigegunz
    14. Autech
    15. JJPenguin
    16. @aryin2000
    17. - The juzzy (reserve)
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Bounty05 and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

Have started the PROVISIONAL GRIDS for the season..These lists will probably change before round 1 !
    - If you have changed your mind and have no intention of racing please let me know.
    - if you cant see your name please let me know !
    - If you know someone is missing please let me know !
    - If you can see someone who is 'genuinely' out of place please let me know !

The track list will be released at the meet and greet on the 2nd Feb.
    We also have to sort out the teams and liveries for the teams championship..... If you DONT WANT to be in the teams championship you need to let me know ASAP so i know to take you out of the lists.

Getting there....
    Stu
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    UPDATE.....Please check for any division changes... There have been a few
    Have adjusted a heap in the divs and nearly have 16 in each !!
    Is pretty close to what will be the correct spots, If anyone decided to jump ship please let me know..

With the huge numbers, and about 6 genuine Div 1 guys returning, it has pushed drivers back down the divs....I have made these changes based on finishing positions from last season, and where drivers were (and their results) in seasons before. This makes things difficult, but does mean there will be some 'faster' drivers in the lower divs..... i have to move 1 down from div 2, and that will cascade down to the div 4 grid.... Any help here appreciated !
    Again, if you can see someone out of place, please let me know.....

Stu
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just a heads up guys,
    I am still getting entries and enquiries, so will mock up a 5 division championship (hopefully tonight) and will see how the numbers look..... AGAIN, if anyone not planning on being there most weeks or not going to run but you have your name down PLEASE let us know.

i dont want to go to 5 divs, then have guys pull out or regular no show and have 6 or 7 guys racing in a div.... Its crap for everyone when that happens....

Also, if we go to 5 and have a few spots, we can go public lobbies for a week and recruit, or fit guys in that may be 50/50 and waiting on track list....

Thanks stu
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Anthonyb like this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Have updated list above.....
    Still room for movement / New entries
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Track list is updated in the OP.
    Will try to test all tonight, if any notable issues we can adjust if needed.

Stu
  7. autech91

autech91 Professional

Hey Stu, just confirming that Tuning is still off with the leagues?
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    correct.
    Non tune, can adjust the brake Bias, ABS and TC.
    Compulsory pit stop... Can take soft tyres if you want.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great race last night guys, Short of the crash between Poppin and Ghost on lap 1 .....was soooo lucky to miss that, but was spewing for you both as would have added another 2 cars at the front of the pack.

Other than that, qual was a shocker for me.... Had been in the low 4s all week, then decided to try pitting for soft rears in a practice run Sunday morning and pumped out a 3:7.... For some reason, probably talent related, i struggled to even get into the 4s when it mattered, lining up 10th a little deflated.....

Oh well, hopefully have a good race ! Well it was pretty sedate TBH, with only TB pushing me early on after the lap 1 crash, but i was up to 5th i think...... I managed to slowly gap @t_b_williams (sorry for the hit down the straight mate- i was looking left not right) before @Hoppy (benny11169) Caught me pretty quick. I decided not to to fight him, so let him go and sat in his draft for a few laps till i pitted at end lap 10..... I went with Softs on the rear, and had a heap of clear track so could just go about setting times in the low 5s or high 4, and could see the guys up ahead were about 2 seconds slower per lap....

With about 4 laps to go, the guys in the top 5 all started to pit, and i had made good ground, so some were about 8 or 9 seconds behind me. With 2 laps to go Autech and Kartdude i think pitted as well, and i managed a wave as i drove past as they were still exiting pit lane..... with about 6 seconds back to 4th, i made sure i got around with no mistakes to pick up a head scratching podium, with most of the guys asking 'how the :):):):) did that happen' !!

Well done to @Waffles and @Slambobagan for the top 2 spots...... On to Laguna, where strategy may take a showing again, the third weather slot is Heavy cloud again, but a different grip level might throw up some different strategies.....

Stu
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  10. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

What a night that was!
    I was actually really relaxed going into my 1st div 1 race. That lasted about 40 seconds into qualifying when I plucked 6th gear going under the bridge out of turn 2 and realised the game or my wheel was glitching! Exited and re-entered the lobby with enough time for a couple laps. But had no confidence in case the issue wasn't fixed.

Started 2nd last. Got a great start but hit Kartdude stranded on the line, got hit by someone else then pinballed off the walls. 1st div 1 race lasted less than 100m before crashing :( Got going but was 10 seconds behind the field. Got to turn 3 and there were cars going everywhere. Bad luck to Ghost on his roof! Caught the back of the field end of lap 1. It was all pretty quiet for a couple laps then 3 cars crashed at turn 1 and I was 9th all of a sudden.

Still wasn't confidence the glitch was fixed as the FFB felt a bit odd but the gears were working fine. Stimson got by but I was slowly catching him and TB then I had a spin and lost 14 seconds. Same strategy as Stu, pitted and had confidence to push. Came out of pits just ahead of AO and 10 seconds behind nige. Caught up and got round nige then just settled in for a run to the finish thinking I'm happy with this position after being so far behind off the line.

Managed good times after the pit then to my surprised was behind Autech after he pitted. I had enough pace in the 1st sector to have crack at a pass going under the bridge into turn 4 on the last lap. Too bad I ran out of talent and stupidly put it into 1st gear and Autech drove away from me.

I'm stoked with 6th after all that. Congratulations to the podium. Can't wait for next sunday!
    (")>
  11. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Unfortunately, I wore the brunt of the crash on lap 1 (first left hand corner). One of the cars involved in the crash, immediately re-entered the track, taking me out in the process. I went from 6th to last, by the time that I could safely re-enter the track. I then spent the rest of the race trying to recover some positions.
    When you go off the track our first instinct is to get back onto it ASAP, but we need to have some restraint and re-enter only when it is safe. If this was done, at the time of this crash, I would have been in 5th place, rather than last.
    autech91, nigegunz, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  12. autech91

autech91 Professional

Good race chaps, happy with my quali spot, got tagged by someone into the first left hander on lap 1 and had to do a big save which made me lose Waffles n Slambo, from there was running roughly the same pace just was making a few errors here n there.

Cold period on was bleeping terrible, not too sure about this whole pit stop/ soft tyre thing but might have to do a bit of practice if this is the way the series is set up. Will chuck her on stable going forward though as a safer car is def better.

Well done to the podium crew, looking forward to Laguna as that track is bae.
    stucar17, JJ_Penguin and Anthonyb like this.
  13. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What a cracking race last night.... Top 10 split by just .3 of a second in Qual...... and i lined up 9th i think.....

The rolling start created a few issues at the back coming onto the front straight with some contact, so was 2 packs going over the start finish for lap 1.

After a couple peeled off lap 1, i had some clear air, and slightly faster cars in front, so i stayed out and tried to hang with them.... By mid race, with pit stops and some falling off the road i was up to 4th, with the leaders only about 3 seconds up the road, and i was managing to close the gap...... When the top 3 peeled off, i stayed out, ran as long as i could, trying to get the gap to Kartdude and JJ out to 20 seconds, as that would put be right in the hunt..... With 2 laps to go i went in for the stop, about 18.5 secs up, and then came out side by side with Waffles for 3rd when i left the pit... Had to slot in behind, but was sitting pretty in 4th, with AOC and Nige only about 6 seconds behind.....
    Was a great race, and pretty cool to see 10 of the 14 drivers in the low 20s on racepace.....

Is a couple of things that need to me mentioned across all divs, so will do that later today.
  16. autech91

autech91 Professional

Churrr to the bro @Kartdude45 on his win, solid drive
    Churr to the bro JJ on his 2nd place
    Not churr to the bro Autech for pushing too hard and falling off when I really wasn't up for it that night. Still 5th place aint bad, bring on next round.

As juzzy would say, BE THERE!
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Had some cracking racing last sunday night guys.... Unfortunately there are a few protests (not unexpected in the sprint round TBH) so we will work through them in the next day or 2 to get the results finalised for @Bounty05
    FOR ALL DIVS HOWEVER WE WILL BE LOOKING AT THE FOLLOWING FOR THE NEXT ROUND
    - Some drivers STILL have their mics on during Qual and the race. From next round, if a driver blows up during the race, or is causing a constant distraction to the field there will be a penalty coming their way.
    - DRIVER RE-ENTRY after a spin. If you spin off, its YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to join the track without taking other drivers out. Yes 'accidents' happen, but re-entering the track on your own and taking out drivers through a 'careless' re-entry is not on. At this stage i dont have any protests for this, but has come up in discussions and comments to me.
    - Also heard a few comments about guys blowing up in the race room chat... If there is an issue please record your replay and send it to the stewards group.
    Stu
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    SO we have 6 protests we are working through.
    Hopefully we get them sorted ASAP when we get the required responses from those involved, and a chance to look at both sides of the incident.
    Stu
    Kartdude45 likes this.
  20. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5