Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Any way of getting the replay. Forgot to get it before benny left.
  2. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Barring one moment of contact. No question, best racing in ROOZ to date with @LITTLEBLACKO942 for first stint. Pitty he was on a two stop. Prob would of been entire race. Great job.
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: Somehow pulled that 34.1 out of nowhere which was unexpected but felt great.
    Race: @Russell was all over me for those first 10 laps and forced me to put the hammer down to try and build a gap. Saw him go in on the 18th lap and was highly considering responding to it but stayed with my original 1 stop strategy. Until pitting I just focused on keeping it on track and pushed when necessary. After the stop I pushed it again knowing Russell had to stop again and from there just kept trying to keep it smooth and fast to the finish. Just after the hour mark I started loosing my focus a bit but seeing Russells FL I almost passed out and knew he was coming back hard. After he pitted a 3rd time pressure was off and I cruised it home. Great race again, Fuji is definitely a favourite track of mine and I was glad I could execute tonight. :thumbsup:
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

cheers Emmo, yup had my best result last night at Fuji which is a fab track for an enduro. found myself nose into the wall on the exit of Dunlop on lap 1 after getting tangled with Hatfield but then had some space to find a rhythym, making the one stopper work. amazing pace from ssman & the podium getters last night, hope everyone in nz is ok & the fallout there isnt too bad
    Hatfield likes this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @ssman244 would have finished second in Div 1 only 13 seconds behind Warrior.:eek:
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Cya @ssman244 lol. League of his own since round 2. Already putting money on ROC.
    emmo46 likes this.
  7. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hope you all had a good race. I bummed it with the Div 1 guys. was just going to watch but Warrior said jump on. I held at the start for 20 seconds so I did not get caught up in their race. Then basically cruised around on my own for the whole race. I am not a huge fan of blind apexes..so turn 3 always annoyed me (all week). Could not save the Div 1 replay (as I got kicked after race end)...but I finished about 6 seconds behind the last finisher, which considering I did a 2 stopper and had no one to slipstream, might have meant a decent result in Div 2. One season soon, I hope, I won't have external factors stuff me round. On a positive note, I did a 1.28.851 last night at Monaco so if I can get in the room next Sunday I might have a decent race.
  8. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Breaking news. @Luckgoesmyway to change his name after last 2 rounds. All suggestions will be considered.
    ssman244 likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :D, his last laps didn't go well, he had an extra pit stop near the end and came out behind me with @ssman244 between us. I was already pushing to try to prevent being lapped by ssman and with @Luckgoesmyway closing on him I had added incentive to try and keep him at bay for 8th. On our second last lap I saw luck ghosted as he ran off trackat the little chicane, he may have been trying to un lap himself at that point to get to me but it must have gone pear shaped for him to ghost off track like that. He could probably change his name to crapgoesmywy after that.
    ssman244 likes this.
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

We were cruising home for a 3 4 finish for team too. Nobody around us and pressure was off.
  11. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Didn't even realise the pace, I only pushed on my fresh tyres. Fuji is one of my better tracks but if I had someone like Warrior to chase, may have been even quicker. Still got 2 races left and anything can happen in these races.
  12. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I heard and saw him coming so I left him room so he could unlap himself. But then I saw this ghostly streak fly into the barrier so I'm not sure what happened.
  13. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Lets hope you're back with us next week mate, got some good speed to burn
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Factoring in a dropped round @Russell has to make up 18 points on you to take the championship. Even if he max scores the last two rounds a 2nd and 3rd place will give you the trophy.
  15. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I can drop Bathurst!? I thought that race screwed me over hard. Damn that works out alright.
  16. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Suppose, a DSC or some incidents at Monaco could change things big time
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    One more win from either of the final races no matter if russell takes the other win, a second and all the bonus points you will still take it out. Two DSCs, well that would change things.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have a lock on 12th place in the table, I have only finished 12th in 1 race with the others being 11th, 9th and 2 x 8ths, but I am still 12th on the table:(. The situation there is the same as it was in the race last night, just sitting back from a big pack not quite able to bridge the gap to get amongst them.
  19. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

Thanks for the name suggestion @emmo46, was really angry by the time I put it in the wall(my only mistake for the race) didn't add enough fuel at my #one stop,. The race fell my way in the early laps as most infront found ways to be behind. @grassies was by far the strangest I've seen as he went straight off at turn two. Had some good battles with @its-benny-racer and @LITTLEBLACKO942 but as @Knuckles said I was cruising to the podium when it became obvious that I wouldn't make it. Sorry to @Hatfield i had no where to go on lap 1 when not sure who(was green) spun in front of you. Lost opportunity this week on to next.
    grassies likes this.
  20. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Dunno who told you to put 40 litres in. But they were dead wrong. Lol. Blame someone.